Authorities don’t want VAR.. we all know why

Verum2

Doncaster on radio tonite waffling on about VAR..many folks don’t want it, review pilots in other countries, feasibility studies blah blah blah
We all know why it is abhorrent up here.
1 it will focus and possibly force public action on outrageous Pro Rangers Decisions
2 it will focus And possibly force public action on outrageous Anti Celtic and anti Rangers opponents decisions.
I know this sounds paranoid but is there anyone now who doubts the forces at play to stop CFC at all costs?

Doncaster on radio tonite waffling on about VAR..many folks don’t want it, review pilots in other countries, feasibility studies blah blah blah
1 it will focus and possibly force public action on outrageous Pro Rangers Decisions
2 it will focus And possibly force public action on outrageous Anti Celtic and anti Rangers opponents decisions.
I know this sounds paranoid but is there anyone now who doubts the forces at play to stop CFC at all costs?
What you've just stated rings very true, the fix is in but is the high cost not making it prohibitive? HH

Not paranoia, just stating facts. VAR doesn’t lie. Recent, inexplicable, decisions taken by both referees and SFA leave players open to serious, career ending injury. Time to call a halt to SFA’s blatantly biased decision making.

If it is adopted in major competitions it will be rolled out. If there us a cost implication to piss pot leagues like ours then it may take longer. One aspect of future tv deals could be providing this as a part of the deal. The fact is every teams support feel they are the victim. There won’t be resistance from supporters. Take a look on FF and you will see they believe they are discriminated against. It will be about cost. Refs will like it because it removes the controversy on big decisions. It won’t stop bias. We need to realise this and ensure, as we always have, that we can overcome it.

I don’t worry about it. I don’t like it but as I said, every team thinks they get a raw deal. At the end of the day it’s another obstacle we need to be prepared to deal with. Our club don’t even make a gig deal about it. Why would the SFA, UEFA or FIFA?

Last edited:
VAR will eventually come and at last referees will be forced to get the big calls right (Inverness handball, red cards etc) removing their ability to make “honest mistakes”). Slowly but surely the field will level and the gullibillies will become incandescent with rage and look for someone to blame for their new predicament i.e. playing by the same rules as the rest of us!!!
Maybe then they will start to question their own club and how it is/has been run.
But then again, maybe not....
The fans need to keep up the pressure on their clubs to push for VAR, which will become the new enemy of the huns “PUL” traditions along with “Catholics, SNP, GCC,the SFA et al...”

VAR will eventually come and at last referees will be forced to get the big calls right (Inverness handball, red cards etc) removing their ability to make “honest mistakes”). Slowly but surely the field will level and the gullibillies will become incandescent with rage and look for someone to blame for their new predicament i.e. playing by the same rules as the rest of us!!!
Maybe then they will start to question their own club and how it is/has been run.
But then again, maybe not....
The fans need to keep up the pressure on their clubs to push for VAR, which will become the new enemy of the huns “PUL” traditions along with “Catholics, SNP, GCC,the SFA et al...”

What’s PUL? I have Sevco pals and they want VAR too. Explain that if they think it will be detrimental to them?

VAR will not make a bit of difference to the SFA, the system is only as good as the refs watching. If the VAR ref or refs are appointed by the SFA how will that help Celtic?, sorry Timmy the Video Assistant Ranger saw nothing untoward, on yer way Timmy. No matter what system the SFA put in place it will be of no help to Celtic.
The Disiplinary refs get to watch film of any incident and still give corrupt decisions. What makes ye think VAR will be any different?
The Sevconians at the SFA will subvert any process that seeks to make the game more honest in Scotland. It's what they do.

Hail Hail fae the People's Republic of Dundee

What’s PUL? I have Sevco pals and they want VAR too. Explain that if they think it will be detrimental to them?[/QUOT
What’s PUL? I have Sevco pals and they want VAR too. Explain that if they think it will be detrimental to them?
PUL = Protestant, unionist and loyalist - their acronym, not mine. Read their sites, they want VAR because, in their delusion, they believe that they are being harshly treated and referees favour Celtic (who also control the SFA and GCC etc)

Ah, they are a mischievous lot, aren’t they? Scamps to a man. I tend to avoid any sites that talk of religion as if it’s s real thing. I gave up believing in the invisible man in the sky about the same time I realised Santa was a cunt.

VAR won't work in Scotland. It'll be used to legitimize incompetent referees and to give pro/anti biased decisions in favour of one club.
Imagine if the 3 man VAR team were the same 3 ex-referees who deemed McGregor was OK to kick Ajer, Morelos shouldn't have been sent off for kicking McKenna and Dicker/Devlin were legitimate sendings off?

As richybhoy says, and as I said on another thread, the VAR refs would be ex Scottish reps who are worse than what we have now.

If the JPP clears Morales, Mcgregor and Naismith then simple calls will still be weighted against our club

Members online

Latest posts

Back