Bankier to retire

Bankier to retire in Jan?. Why wait go now , greedy cnut waiting till then. New chairman has a huge job on his hands trying to win back a support whom Bankier insulted and wouldn't call out sectarianism in Scottish football. Can't wait to see the back of him and others who I believe should be outed.
Maybe he is waiting till January so he can get his five star freebie trip to the World Cup 🤔

Right I’ll probably get shot down for this but here goes if ye ask me and nae cunt is before anyone else says it, the board’s primary function is to run a profitable business which they have done ever since The Bunnet PL has played his part in that aye they got away with the 5 way scam and res 12 but as long as they back the manager which they are doing and stay out of the football side of things which they are also doing now even if they didn’t in the past I’m not bothered about who is in the board room as for them being Tories (ie) because it’s plural not Tory for the spell checkers 😜 probably the only board room on the planet not to have them would be the management board of the CCP in Beijing and I’ll bet at least half of them are closet Tories so we’re just going to have to accept it unless any of you buggers got the cash for a takeover bid

The name of PL still has the ability of making my blood run cold, and any talk about his possible return has to be knocked on the head ASAP.
Any return of this traitor is a return of the fences around Celtic Park imo.
This is a man who made sure Celtic were never going to succeed in the ambition the club Warren's.
We currently have the most valuable squad ever assembled and with a manager now with all of the best credentials for the club seen since big Jock imo.
So talk of allowing PL to regain a power, along with a history of destroying all that is good within the club at present, will be regarded as a treacherous act upon the majority of the Celtic support and one that must be regarded as totally unacceptable.
This board still remains under scrutiny, so need to be very careful about the next appointment as chairman, but still can't see this board being as stupid as to welcome PL back to the club, well I hope not

Right I’ll probably get shot down for this but here goes if ye ask me and nae cunt is before anyone else says it, the board’s primary function is to run a profitable business which they have done ever since The Bunnet PL has played his part in that aye they got away with the 5 way scam and res 12 but as long as they back the manager which they are doing and stay out of the football side of things which they are also doing now even if they didn’t in the past I’m not bothered about who is in the board room as for them being Tories (ie) because it’s plural not Tory for the spell checkers 😜 probably the only board room on the planet not to have them would be the management board of the CCP in Beijing and I’ll bet at least half of them are closet Tories so we’re just going to have to accept it unless any of you buggers got the cash for a takeover bid
This would be the issue MM, especially in January with a transfer window open just after a world Cup and group stages of CL football.
The value of so many of our players stand to soar in value, so the easiest way to cause dissary within the club is to cash in on so many of our wanted players and holding back funds upon getting replacements.
This in turn questions the ambition of the manager and players.
So PL with a history of acting in such a manner remains a none starter, no longer should we remain as a club to line the pockets of board members and keeping shareholders happy.

This would be the issue MM, especially in January with a transfer window open just after a world Cup and group stages of CL football.
The value of so many of our players stand to soar in value, so the easiest way to cause dissary within the club is to cash in on so many of our wanted players and holding back funds upon getting replacements.
This in turn questions the ambition of the manager and players.
So PL with a history of acting in such a manner remains a none starter, no longer should we remain as a club to line the pockets of board members and keeping shareholders happy.
fair point I agree with you we don’t want to go back the days of selling our silver and replacing it with pewter as the blogger Phil unpronounceable would say and Ange seems to have unearthed quite a bit of silver hopefully they’ve realised player sales aren’t the only way of earning their dividends

fair point I agree with you we don’t want to go back the days of selling our silver and replacing it with pewter as the blogger Phil unpronounceable would say and Ange seems to have unearthed quite a bit of silver hopefully they’ve realised player sales aren’t the only way of earning their dividends
It's something we will have to expect in future transfer windows MM, but we have also created a squad to deal with that eventuality if and when it should come along.
However if you won't reinvest with the quality you've just sold, for someone of similar status then trouble potentially looms especially with the manager.
PL still has a history of replacing the quality with the cheaper projects signings in the hope that they can come good, but halting the ambition within the club at the same time.
PL got away with that approach once, but should he ever return to the board room again and thinks that approach will be accepted amongst the supporters again, he stands to get the full fury of the support far quicker imo.
May have fooled us once, but won't ever get the opportunity to do so again I would say.

Is Bankier leaving and a loosening of the purse strings purely coincidental or is that down to the new CEO? That's a genuine question. Who has the final say in matters of finance?
Whoever, it's a welcome change I think our modest investments will pay dividends in the next few years as well as on the pitch in the meantime.

It's something we will have to expect in future transfer windows MM, but we have also created a squad to deal with that eventuality if and when it should come along.
However if you won't reinvest with the quality you've just sold, for someone of similar status then trouble potentially looms especially with the manager.
PL still has a history of replacing the quality with the cheaper projects signings in the hope that they can come good, but halting the ambition within the club at the same time.
PL got away with that approach once, but should he ever return to the board room again and thinks that approach will be accepted amongst the supporters again, he stands to get the full fury of the support far quicker imo.
May have fooled us once, but won't ever get the opportunity to do so again I would say.
Fool me once, your responsibility
Fool me twice, my responsibility.

Let's forget the politics for a moment. The reality is that Peter Lawell is an egotistical, profit driven, self centred, huberistic, control freak. They do not change their personality. He would dominate Nicholson and the Board and would undoubtedly attempt the same with Ange in footballing matters. With catastrophic consequences. He is a divisive figure amongst the support. He has nothing more to bring to Celtic than what he has already brought. We need progressive, forward thinking people who understand that a modern football club is not solely about profit and personal status. Peter Lawell is about Peter Lawell first.Then followed by promoting the interests of who put him there. And we know who that would be. Celtic would not be his priority. He has already shown that in his tenure as the CEO. Ange would be gone within six months. He has had his day. For the good of Celtic let him accept this. The best thing he could do for Celtic, is to now issue an unequivocal statement, stating that he has no interest in the position, now or in the future.

Last edited:
Let's forget the politics for a moment. The reality is that Peter Lawell is an egotistical, profit driven, self centred, huberistic, control freak. They do not change their personality. He would dominate Nicholson, the Board and would undoubtedly attempt the same with Ange in footballing matters. With catastrophic consequences. He is a divisive figure amongst the support. He has nothing more to bring to Celtic than what he has already brought. We need progressive, forward thinking people who understand that a modern football club is not solely about profit and personal status. Peter Lawell is about Peter Lawell first.Then followed by promoting the interests of who put him there. And we know who that would be. Celtic would not be his priority. He has already shown that as the CEO. Ange would be gone within six months. He has had his day. For the good of Celtic let him accept this. The best thing he could now do for Celtic is to issue an unequivocal statement stating that he gas no interest in the position now or in the future.
Not gonna happen ma man, ever. He's invested too much of his life in Celtic to walk away. It's his legacy he's worried about now. If we do well this season in the CL you can bet your bottom dollar PL will claim credit for bringing Ange to the club.

Not gonna happen ma man, ever. He's invested too much of his life in Celtic to walk away. It's his legacy he's worried about now. If we do well this season in the CL you can bet your bottom dollar PL will claim credit for bringing Ange to the club.
Not to rehash old ground, but for me, Brim, his legacy will forever be tarnished by his so called blindness, when confronted with the 5WA . Also as a major party to the surrendering of what should have been the easiest TIAR achievable along with our poor European record under his stewardship. Revisionism and rewriting history does not always work. Particularly in this modern age of communications. Hopefully it will be the same with him. 👍

Last edited:
Not that many fans will agree here but under PL's watch Celtic won 4 trebles whilst under performing in the real money making competition, so does domestic bliss overrule European ambition, absolutely not, but the reality is that within the structure of our domain we mostly rule the roost, and because of PL's interference in all things football we have.... A... Lost our best manager since Mr Stein - - - B - - - lost 2 of the most prolific goal scores in recent years ie Moussa and Ivan Toney, so perhaps he didn't get everything correct but - - - - - under his watchfull 👀 - - - Celtic have been and building on that a successful team come Plc. So if he gets the Chair so long as it ain't plugged into the mains I for one wont mind.

Could we do better????

Well Aye, but remember the huns hate him, so in that respect he must be getting something right. 😎

Not that many fans will agree here but under PL's watch Celtic won 4 trebles whilst under performing in the real money making competition, so does domestic bliss overrule European ambition, absolutely not, but the reality is that within the structure of our domain we mostly rule the roost, and because of PL's interference in all things football we have.... A... Lost our best manager since Mr Stein - - - B - - - lost 2 of the most prolific goal scores in recent years ie Moussa and Ivan Toney, so perhaps he didn't get everything correct but - - - - - under his watchfull 👀 - - - Celtic have been and building on that a successful team come Plc. So if he gets the Chair so long as it ain't plugged into the mains I for one wont mind.

Could we do better????

Well Aye, but remember the huns hate him, so in that respect he must be getting something right. 😎
I don't have too big a problem with his business skills - although I did not think he was good enough to be the highest paid in British football.

It was constant interfering in the buying and selling of players (many new signings referred to him as being the Director of Football when they joined us) that irrated me. He dragged out negotiations for too long meaning we missed good players or got them in too late for important games. He always waited too late to bring in players our managers desperately wanted.

I think his massive ego will result in him interfering again as he just can't help himself as he trully believes he knows best.

Yes, we won a lot of trophies under his stewardship but I am not convinced how much of that success was despite him and not because of him. I accept that is probably an overly harsh assessment of the situation, but I did not appreciate his style.

Plus he deliberately ignored the blatant cheating and the 5WA fiasco which is unforgivable in my book. Feck him!

Last edited:
The rumours appear to be gathering pace about PL returning as Chair at Celtic as and when Bankier retires and its worrying.

We have moved on as a club and I certainly wouldn’t want this backward step.

And just like in some of the comments on here it would bring up all the injustice again about the 5WA and the dishonesty that ensued under the auspices of what was best for ‘Scottish Football’.

We’ve hud lawwell in charge, there was both good and bad aspects to his tenure, we always stayed in the red, won countless trophies, albeit with no Huns, we had a chance to bury the feckers for ever, but he wanted to keep them “alive” we’ve had £40 million in the bank, probably stashed away for the impending boys club law suit, in case we get found liable, that money kept us healthy through the 18 months of the Covid pandemic, brought some great players to the club, but also gambled on a lot of promising youngsters, buying player over managers heads, always taking the cheaper option(Rodger’s aside) meddling in team affairs……

But by far the worst thing was not pushing the boat out to secure the NEVER to be repeated 10IAR a thing that would have spoken and sung about for as long as there’s a Celtic……🤷‍♂️💚🤍💚🤍💚🤍

It's the perfect appointment for Scottish football. And by that I mean the dark corrupt side that no one wants to shine a light on. Think about it. Lawwell was the most powerful man in scottish football in his time in charge. He could have exposed the corruption at any point but he was 100% beside his business partners at ibrox. He understood the importance of the survival of the "old firm" brand. I believe his finger prints are all over the 5WA. The survival and victim lie wouldn't exist without him and our board playing along with it....now....it appears sevco could be in trouble again. A fire sale of their players. New rules and regulations surrounding clubs finances coming into play. Who better to ensure that the "old firm" lives on than the man who, with a bit of help from SFA and media, saved the brand the last time the shit hit the fan. Its really the only appointment that makes sense. It would be mad to bring a new guy in....someone who might actually want a level playing field in scottish football.

Maybe that's the reason the old guy that lasted a few weeks fucked off so quickly. As soon as he was made aware of the corruption that plagues or game and the fact he had to play along with it made him run for the hills...Lawwell won't mind getting back into the filth...after all, he helped create it.

liewell is to celtic as BJ was to the tories, he sold everyone out to line his pockets. DD allowed it for liewell , Cant fault the investment in the team. but something still is not right. no transparency means smoke and mirrors, the board struck a gold stream with Ange, by default. They are nothing like the ideals the club were founded on. This board let us down for the 10. for high achievers it proves they are corrupt

Members online

Latest posts

Back