Bauer

cheezydee

is It just me that doesn’t think Bauer is that good? I had high hopes for him, think he was Russian poty not too long ago, and he had a good debut when he came on against sevco if I mind right and seemed perfect on media duties. But watching last night, he he looked scared, playing very safe in advanced positions and not that great at the back. Maybe it’s just the shorts & hair! Certainly doesn’t look like a player grabbing the opportunity placed in front of him with Elhamed and Frimpong out. Before the injury to Frimpong, I thought give Bauer a run to protect Frimpong but now I can see why he’s not pushed for the LB spot

Interesting stat on BT last night. Bauer has yet to start two games in a row since signing. Hard to show your worth when you are in and out. Hasn't exactly bown me away but rarely struck me as rotten either. Still not sure how good he is or could be

is It just me that doesn’t think Bauer is that good? I had high hopes for him, think he was Russian poty not too long ago, and he had a good debut when he came on against sevco if I mind right and seemed perfect on media duties. But watching last night, he he looked scared, playing very safe in advanced positions and not that great at the back. Maybe it’s just the shorts & hair! Certainly doesn’t look like a player grabbing the opportunity placed in front of him with Elhamed and Frimpong out. Before the injury to Frimpong, I thought give Bauer a run to protect Frimpong but now I can see why he’s not pushed for the LB spot
Decent, but, not as good Ping Pong or El Hat.

Can't judge him by last nights performance ,he came on when lenny changed the system so the whole team looked limp
Looks a decent enough player but a run in the team is the only way to judge him

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbf hes not played much football either at stoke or here. Maybe hes the type that needs to get the minutes and work his way back to that level. Unfortunately for him (and a few misplaced passes aside) hes not done much wrong in the hoops but it seems unlikely that after this season he will be getting a contract at CP. I think I can see a player there but perhaps his confidence has taken a knock. Who knows , if he can replicate that form you never know but for me so far it seems unlikely unless a radical change in form happens

I think he deserves a chance, but if you look at what Frimpong done compared to Bauer when Elhamed got injured then you can see someone stake a claim and someone didn’t. It’s more the gets the ball in advanced positions then quick to just pass it off to someone. He certainly wasn’t like that on his debut where he was linking up, pass n move. I actually thought at the time it was bad luck for him that we had ended up buying 2 good right backs and the other was better. Who knows, maybe he’s carrying an injury and is patched up as there’s not much options. Granted the system wasn’t great, but individually he looked weak last night. The Celtic team for a while at times can look out of ideas as well though and just pass it back, side to side, so possibly not all down to him. Often frustrates me that players don’t seem to show and there’s a lack of advancing pass. We’ve not had too much of these this season though

Last edited:
T
I think he deserves a chance, but if you look at what Frimpong done compared to Bauer when Elhamed got injured then you can see someone stake a claim and someone didn’t. It’s more the gets the ball in advanced positions then quick to just pass it off to someone. He certainly wasn’t like that on his debut where he was linking up, pass n move. I actually thought at the time it was bad luck for him that we had ended up buying 2 good right backs and the other was better. Who knows, maybe he’s carrying an injury and is patched up as there’s not much options. Granted the system wasn’t great, but individually he looked weak last night. The Celtic team for a while at times can look out of ideas as well though and just pass it back, side to side, so possibly not all down to him. Often frustrates me that players don’t seem to show and there’s a lack of advancing pass. We’ve not had too much of these this season though
I agree give a chance the guys barely through the door

Can't judge him by last nights performance ,he came on when lenny changed the system so the whole team looked limp
Looks a decent enough player but a run in the team is the only way to judge him
Young mikey is in for a lenny rocket oh if looks could kill, personally I think who is mikey to overrule his manager whose shown more faith in him than he possibly deserves? I think hes set himself on a backwards path cross lenny at your peril

Back