BBC RADIO SCOTLAND PODCAST 3/2/20

Finally somebody in Scottish football's toxic media bubble has had the balls to call Traynor, his club and their lapdogs in the press/media out! Michael Stewart should be commended not only for his honesty and frankness but also for his bravery for saying what all the others are either to cowardly or complicit to say out loud.

We shouldn't underestimate what Michael Stewart has done here, he's the ONLY one involved in the whole of Scottish football's media circus (and I include the likes of Sutton & Hartson in this) to put his head above the parapet and speak the truth about how Traynor, the club he works for and their allies in the press/media operate and about how dangerous they are.

Bravo Michael Stewart, not since Turnbull Hutton have I seen someone involved in Scottish football take such a brave principled stance to call out the downright shady and toxic people operating inside our game and in our media.

Also I think Lawell & Co. should be demanding answers from SKY with regard to their Morelos interview. Specifically where their translation of Morelos' comments claims that he said the following-

"First, I'll talk about the match against Motherwell. We were winning a very important match.

"I scored a very important goal and I celebrated. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

"If you look back I have done this celebration at home and away matches. In the match against Celtic we were winning in added time.

"I fell down. Whether that is simulation or not is up to the referee.

"Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.

"I wasn't trying to instigate or incite anything. I just wanted them to stop.

"It was sort of a symbol that says, 'Come on guys the game is over! This doesn't need to continue! I understand that you criticise me but now it's over!"

When what he actually said was -

"First I'm going to talk about the situation against Motherwell.

"We were winning an important game.

"And I celebrated as I always do in Ibrox, with my fans and the Rangers people.

"The gesture I made wasn't meant to offend them.

"I have always celebrated like that. But yes, it wasn't a gesture to offend anyone.

"And then against Celtic, we were winning 2-0.

"I don't know if I fell or whatever but I wasn't trying to win a penalty.

"The referee decided to send me off. That's fine, that's his decision.

"But the gesture I made wasn't racist."

Note that at NO time in the proper translation did Morelos say "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words."

Sky have put out a FALSE translation specifically claiming that Celtic fans were being racist towards Morelos when Morelos said nothing of the sort.

I'll say this Lawell & Co. better come out from their bunkers and demand an On-Air retraction and apology from Sky for this utter misrepresentation of the facts or I personally will be considering giving up my season ticket. As much as I love going to the games I WILL NOT hand over another coin to people who sit in silence and say nothing while me and my fellow fans are falsely portrayed as racists to a worldwide audience. Fuck that!

Enough is enough! About time Desmond, Lawell and the rest started to stand up for this club and it's fans properly in matters like this because more of the same mealy mouthed 'surprised' or 'disappointed' statements won't cut it anymore!

Ffs drip feed the info over the next few weeks? Basically saying we're not standing for that and now over the next few weeks we are going to run a campaign digging up every last bit of negativity about Stewart that they can possibly find. It will take a few weeks because they don't have the information on him yet. I would think stewart could well be in a position to sue for libel against the rag, for as far as I'm aware michael Stewart is not a "disgraced former pundit" hes a pundit on the BBC's flagship football programme sportscene where we get to see 90 mins of a game compressed into 5 mins and even then, like the frimpong tackle ,they cherry pick what they want to show and talk about. I also noticed how everyone was quick to defend traynor yet none had anything to say about the death threats stewart has recieved. If stewart loses his job at the BBC for calling out blatant misrepresentation and lies from within ibrokes and their main outlets the red rag and its sunday sister I really hope he does take this to court. Its nothing short of an upcoming character assassination which is utterly disgraceful but not unexpected. Power to the guy for having the balls to take it upon himself to do the job of someone else who works at CP. We should be behind this guy , though I don't always agree with him, for taking the stance he has taken. I'd be pissed if I were receiving death threats as well, something none of his colleagues could care less about , see how they react should any of them receive such threats.
Just wish he was on our board and saying it for what it is. Something Lawell should try to replicate.

Only one actually worth listening to on beeb. Get SPL TV up and running. Get him and sutton on it and get the money off sky etc and do it ourselves.
Only problem with that niall is the money sky invest in the Scottish game is pathetic peanuts and crisps. Championship players sell for more than the money they invest. I read some time ago ,maybe 2 years or so, before bt won the Scottish rights. That Scotland accounted for something like 15% of skys uk sales but that sky only invested 3% of that money into the game here. Figures may not be exact but I remember they aren't far off. I'm sure the bein sports contract with the spfl has been ripped up and was only worth ยฃ2 million per year, it makes you wonder what idiots to sign such a contract our games worth more , Norway get more than Scotland and dont have a derby like the former old firm for a start but they're obviously better negotiators and where is this monies actually going to. The spfl and the SFA yes they are the recipients no doubt but what are they actually doing with the cash? Most will go to the premier clubs but should be invested more wisely aiming at grass roots and bringing back the schools leagues which has been demolished. If I've read it correctly the new deal with sky is worth ยฃ160 million over 5 years an increase of 20% income over the previous bt/bein and others contract. Still this only amounts ยฃ32 million per year or the price of KT and Kent combined, pretty atrocious when viewed in this way. Neil Donkey-aster got many Pat's on the back for this contract but it still is less than Norway's overall deal though worth more per game , I know work that out ๐Ÿ™„

Last edited:
Finally somebody in Scottish football's toxic media bubble has had the balls to call Traynor, his club and their lapdogs in the press/media out! Michael Stewart should be commended not only for his honesty and frankness but also for his bravery for saying what all the others are either to cowardly or complicit to say out loud.

We shouldn't underestimate what Michael Stewart has done here, he's the ONLY one involved in the whole of Scottish football's media circus (and I include the likes of Sutton & Hartson in this) to put his head above the parapet and speak the truth about how Traynor, the club he works for and their allies in the press/media operate and about how dangerous they are.

Bravo Michael Stewart, not since Turnbull Hutton have I seen someone involved in Scottish football take such a brave principled stance to call out the downright shady and toxic people operating inside our game and in our media.

Also I think Lawell & Co. should be demanding answers from SKY with regard to their Morelos interview. Specifically where their translation of Morelos' comments claims that he said the following-

"First, I'll talk about the match against Motherwell. We were winning a very important match.

"I scored a very important goal and I celebrated. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

"If you look back I have done this celebration at home and away matches. In the match against Celtic we were winning in added time.

"I fell down. Whether that is simulation or not is up to the referee.

"Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.

"I wasn't trying to instigate or incite anything. I just wanted them to stop.

"It was sort of a symbol that says, 'Come on guys the game is over! This doesn't need to continue! I understand that you criticise me but now it's over!"

When what he actually said was -

"First I'm going to talk about the situation against Motherwell.

"We were winning an important game.

"And I celebrated as I always do in Ibrox, with my fans and the Rangers people.

"The gesture I made wasn't meant to offend them.

"I have always celebrated like that. But yes, it wasn't a gesture to offend anyone.

"And then against Celtic, we were winning 2-0.

"I don't know if I fell or whatever but I wasn't trying to win a penalty.

"The referee decided to send me off. That's fine, that's his decision.

"But the gesture I made wasn't racist."

Note that at NO time in the proper translation did Morelos say "Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words."

Sky have put out a FALSE translation specifically claiming that Celtic fans were being racist towards Morelos when Morelos said nothing of the sort.

I'll say this Lawell & Co. better come out from their bunkers and demand an On-Air retraction and apology from Sky for this utter misrepresentation of the facts or I personally will be considering giving up my season ticket. As much as I love going to the games I WILL NOT hand over another coin to people who sit in silence and say nothing while me and my fellow fans are falsely portrayed as racists to a worldwide audience. Fuck that!

Enough is enough! About time Desmond, Lawell and the rest started to stand up for this club and it's fans properly in matters like this because more of the same mealy mouthed 'surprised' or 'disappointed' statements won't cut it anymore!
It really is infuriating that we and fans of other clubs are relying upon Stewart to say it as it is. What exactly will it take for lawell or some board member to come out fighting for the club? Not behind the scenes only as we must have leaders seen to be leading. Celtic unfortunately aren't alone in this defeaning silence , all the clubs boards are culpable on allowing the rangers to say and act and manipulate as they please. Yet a pundit ,1 pundit calls it out and is slated , verbally crucified for daring to utter the truth. I would take part in a protest march up Celtic way demanding our club behaves and acts like the biggest most powerful club in the country, honestly bring back jock brown as tragically pathetic as it sounds , he would fight this, being a journalist and that.. something must change or us the fans will change it ourselves. Lawell bankier and co should take note of what happened to the whites and Kelly's and perhaps then they might do something about it HH โ˜˜

Only problem with that niall is the money sky invest in the Scottish game is pathetic peanuts and crisps. Championship players sell for more than the money they invest. I read some time ago ,maybe 2 years or so, before bt won the Scottish rights. That Scotland accounted for something like 15% of skys uk sales but that sky only invested 3% of that money into the game here. Figures may not be exact but I remember they aren't far off. I'm sure the bein sports contract with the spfl has been ripped up and was only worth ยฃ2 million per year, it makes you wonder what idiots to sign such a contract our games worth more , Norway get more than Scotland and dont have a derby like the former old firm for a start but they're obviously better negotiators and where is this monies actually going to. The spfl and the SFA yes they are the recipients no doubt but what are they actually doing with the cash? Most will go to the premier clubs but should be invested more wisely aiming at grass roots and bringing back the schools leagues which has been demolished. If I've read it correctly the new deal with sky is worth ยฃ160 million over 5 years an increase of 20% income over the previous bt/bein and others contract. Still this only amounts ยฃ32 million per year or the price of KT and Kent combined, pretty atrocious when viewed in this way. Neil Donkey-aster got many Pat's on the back for this contract but it still is less than Norway's overall deal though worth more per game , I know work that out ๐Ÿ™„
Well that was illuminating Winter. Thanks for that. There is an appetite for Scottish football amongst fans here and it always amazes me how many Celts you find abroad. We are everywhere. I realise we can't go it alone (yet) but all the top flight could come together and do a Netflix style subscription deal. Sell an affordable product here and to Scottish football fans in Europe, Australia, canada etc.
If get a relative pittance for our deal and we have to watch a prduct from an organisation that despises us we should move on.

Well that was illuminating Winter. Thanks for that. There is an appetite for Scottish football amongst fans here and it always amazes me how many Celts you find abroad. We are everywhere. I realise we can't go it alone (yet) but all the top flight could come together and do a Netflix style subscription deal. Sell an affordable product here and to Scottish football fans in Europe, Australia, canada etc.
If get a relative pittance for our deal and we have to watch a prduct from an organisation that despises us we should move on.
That was perhaps the best thing about the bein sports deal in that it broadcast live spfl games to 26 countries worldwide from new Zealand and oz to Canada and the USA, central and south America Asia and Africa so theres definitely an appetite with sports fans for the Scottish game. ยฃ2 million is where that falls down though, I think you dont have to be an accountant, CEO or financier to work out that if 26 countries want to see Scottish football its probably worth a hell of a lot more than a ยฃ2 million contract

I'd also think league reconstruction would be in order for it wouldnt take very long for the majority of those countries to get bored of Celtic v Hamilton 3or 4 times a season. A 16club top flight 1 home and 1 away fixture gives 30 fixtures and that would benefit most top clubs, for the smaller clubs who need these games for the money the top 6 should field colt sides in the league cup. It would be unlikely though still possible that a colt side could win if but it would give smaller clubs opportunities for winning a major honour

It really is infuriating that we and fans of other clubs are relying upon Stewart to say it as it is. What exactly will it take for lawell or some board member to come out fighting for the club? Not behind the scenes only as we must have leaders seen to be leading. Celtic unfortunately aren't alone in this defeaning silence , all the clubs boards are culpable on allowing the rangers to say and act and manipulate as they please. Yet a pundit ,1 pundit calls it out and is slated , verbally crucified for daring to utter the truth. I would take part in a protest march up Celtic way demanding our club behaves and acts like the biggest most powerful club in the country, honestly bring back jock brown as tragically pathetic as it sounds , he would fight this, being a journalist and that.. something must change or us the fans will change it ourselves. Lawell bankier and co should take note of what happened to the whites and Kelly's and perhaps then they might do something about it HH โ˜˜

Very well said Winter.

Wasn't a big fan of Jock Brown during his time at the club (thought he was quite flippant towards the support at times) but you are spot on he wouldn't have sat there in silence and allowed Traynor's PR circus and their press poodles to operate the way they do without showing it up for exactly what it is, neither would he have allowed the Sevvies to throw around unfounded accusations of racism at our support without challenging them to back up their claims and produce the evidence. He would have called it out in a very public manner and wouldn't have minced his words when doing so.

The fact that Michael Stewart, a lone pundit, has the balls to call out what Desmond, Lawell, Bankier and the rest won't is a fucking disgrace. Don't forget it was that fucking kid-on Celtic man Bankier who was quick enough to publicly label sections of the Celtic support as 'criminally racist' for having the audacity to question the suitability of his Tory mate's position on the Celtic board even though what these fans were taking issue with had fuck all to do with race and everything to do with the Tory Peer's values and how they were at odds with the club's ethos.

And once again the statement put out by the club today regarding SKY's complete misrepresentation of the content of the Morelos interview is feeble and spineless. Asking for an investigation ๐Ÿ˜’ when what they should be doing is demanding a complete on-air retraction and apology for such a gross misrepresentation of the facts?

About time Desmond, Lawell, Bankier and the rest stood up and defended this club and it's fans with some real conviction otherwise they're endorsing this 'back of the bus' mentality!

HH Winter (y)

Very well said Winter.

Wasn't a big fan of Jock Brown during his time at the club (thought he was quite flippant towards the support at times) but you are spot on he wouldn't have sat there in silence and allowed Traynor's PR circus and their press poodles to operate the way they do without showing it up for exactly what it is, neither would he have allowed the Sevvies to throw around unfounded accusations of racism at our support without challenging them to back up their claims and produce the evidence. He would have called it out in a very public manner and wouldn't have minced his words when doing so.

The fact that Michael Stewart, a lone pundit, has the balls to call out what Desmond, Lawell, Bankier and the rest won't is a fucking disgrace. Don't forget it was that fucking kid-on Celtic man Bankier who was quick enough to publicly label sections of the Celtic support as 'criminally racist' for having the audacity to question the suitability of his Tory mate's position on the Celtic board even though what these fans were taking issue with had fuck all to do with race and everything to do with the Tory Peer's values and how they were at odds with the club's ethos.

And once again the statement put out by the club today regarding SKY's complete misrepresentation of the content of the Morelos interview is feeble and spineless. Asking for an investigation ๐Ÿ˜’ when what they should be doing is demanding a complete on-air retraction and apology for such a gross misrepresentation of the facts?

About time Desmond, Lawell, Bankier and the rest stood up and defended this club and it's fans with some real conviction otherwise they're endorsing this 'back of the bus' mentality!

HH Winter (y)
I was being sarky about jock brown and couldn't stand the guy or the fact he overstepped his remit (it appeared to be the case) but I just meant that his background would've been suited to deal with this nonsense. It's as if the board and boards up and down the country are afraid of traynor and possible litigation should they say the wrong thing in public and that's astonishing given many of them are qualified QC 's etc โœŒโ˜˜

I'd also think league reconstruction would be in order for it wouldnt take very long for the majority of those countries to get bored of Celtic v Hamilton 3or 4 times a season. A 16club top flight 1 home and 1 away fixture gives 30 fixtures and that would benefit most top clubs, for the smaller clubs who need these games for the money the top 6 should field colt sides in the league cup. It would be unlikely though still possible that a colt side could win if but it would give smaller clubs opportunities for winning a major honour
Now we're talkin. All this dross of playing teams 4 times in a season is so predictable. Give some other teams a chance of a bit of glory whilst a big injection in their revenues can only be good for the game. Only thing i hope happens is no more plastic pitches. The split is another crackpot idea to be honest. Denying bottom half teams from potential further cash if their form improves in 2nd half of the season whilst protecting the top half.

Now we're talkin. All this dross of playing teams 4 times in a season is so predictable. Give some other teams a chance of a bit of glory whilst a big injection in their revenues can only be good for the game. Only thing i hope happens is no more plastic pitches. The split is another crackpot idea to be honest. Denying bottom half teams from potential further cash if their form improves in 2nd half of the season whilst protecting the top half.
Aye these clubs finishing in the bottom half are taking a double hit. Ive never understood why some clubs are against a Celtic or Aberdeen colts side but with their inclusion now in the irn bru cup (,who drinks irn bru oot a cup ?๐Ÿ‘Ž) maybe well see it happen soon. Many countries don't have a league cup anymore and those who do ,the top clubs field their kids anyway

I was being sarky about jock brown and couldn't stand the guy or the fact he overstepped his remit (it appeared to be the case) but I just meant that his background would've been suited to deal with this nonsense. It's as if the board and boards up and down the country are afraid of traynor and possible litigation should they say the wrong thing in public and that's astonishing given many of them are qualified QC 's etc โœŒโ˜˜

And there was me trying to be diplomatic about Jock Brown so it didn't detract from what you were saying ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Point still stands though, Jock Brown might have been a colossal bellend but him and Wee Fergus would have called these cunts out and would have done so in a very public and forceful manner and we need a bit of that right now.

HH Winter (y)

And there was me trying to be diplomatic about Jock Brown so it didn't detract from what you were saying ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Point still stands though, Jock Brown might have been a colossal bellend but him and Wee Fergus would have called these cunts out and would have done so in a very public and forceful manner and we need a bit of that right now.

HH Winter (y)
Superb diplomacy Andybhoy I'm well impressed you didnae want tae hurt ma feelings haha ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜† i did think that I should add my own feelings about jock brown before lesser diplomatic members crucified me ๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I try my best not to offend unless it becomes either necessary or while talking to a hun
Winter ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aye good idea nobody likes a Jock Brown fan :LOL:
Makes you wonder though if the bunnet was trying to get a SMSM man into the fold at CP for the very reasons that we face today. We have no-one in our corner there and those that that are may as well not be they're absent by their silence big bad john and sutton aside. A good idea definitely, a poor choice of man , hopelessly. He let it go to his head , just thinking about those times gives me the shakes ๐Ÿ˜† the fitba commentator was suddenly Celtic general manager and tbf (over stepping his remit and messing with the team selections aside) even he was dealing with a heavily rangers biased media

Makes you wonder though if the bunnet was trying to get a SMSM man into the fold at CP for the very reasons that we face today. We have no-one in our corner there and those that that are may as well not be they're absent by their silence big bad john and sutton aside. A good idea definitely, a poor choice of man , hopelessly. He let it go to his head , just thinking about those times gives me the shakes ๐Ÿ˜† the fitba commentator was suddenly Celtic general manager and tbf (over stepping his remit and messing with the team selections aside) even he was dealing with a heavily rangers biased media

Remember thinking 'what a fucking bizarre appointment for a Celtic GM' Wee Fergus might have been onto something like you say but having Jock Brown as a Celtic head honcho was like letting a rabid dug loose in yer hoose! Plus the fact it was the height of 'succulent lamb' journalism where we'd have been trying to fend off an army with a shitey stick!

Nae wonder yer getting the shakes, lets stop talking about Jock Brown's Celtic tenure, I'm starting to get terror inducing flashbacks ๐Ÿ˜ง

Remember thinking 'what a fucking bizarre appointment for a Celtic GM' Wee Fergus might have been onto something like you say but having Jock Brown as a Celtic head honcho was like letting a rabid dug loose in yer hoose! Plus the fact it was the height of 'succulent lamb' journalism where we'd have been trying to fend off an army with a shitey stick!

Nae wonder yer getting the shakes, lets stop talking about Jock Brown's Celtic tenure, I'm starting to get terror inducing flashbacks ๐Ÿ˜ง
For all the many good things and practices the bunnet put in place I can see (maybe or maybe I'm just letting my imagination run wild) why he thought that might have been a good idea , he could never have imagined how spectacular a backfire he was in for simply through choosing the wrong guy and why he only lasted a year (a right long year) he got that wrong but he changed it. So jock ? Only one jock that means anything at CP HH

So there appears to have been a bit of a melee on last night's BBC Radio Scotland Sportsound

Michael Stewart telling a few home truths and utterly assassinating the Fat Controller Traynor for his feeding inaccurate stories and lies to SMSM and others and being a Bully with programme host Kenny McIntyre having kittens and on more than 1 ocassion insisting that Stewart's views were not those of the national broadcaster and desperately trying to silence Michael Stewart He seemed to be trying everything with the exception of fading Stewart's mic out ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Curiouser and curiouser the BBC usually release a Podcast of the programme within a couple of hours but last night's programme is conspicuous by it's absence some 16 hours after the original broadcast

Fortunately parts of the programme can be accessed on YOUTUBE and it's DEFINITELY worth a listen

I can definitely see this topic rolling and rolling and with so many anti Celtic/player insinuations being bandied around it's about time that a journo of credibility began delving into what's actually happening

HH๐Ÿ€
Just read an online red rag 'story" which might explain why the beeb have pulled the podcast. Apparently Stewart has referenced the red rag as the rag which broke the story saying that the brakes were tampered with and hes got his red rags mixed up it's the Merseyside bog roll red rag I think (they don't actually say) who have released that particular story. Que headline Michael Stewart 'exposed ' or something stupidly similar. Glasgow red rag would be right onto the beeb about that and I think it's why its been hooked.

Members online

Latest posts

Back