BDecent Folk...........

Stevie, I wrote that at least 2 and a half years ago and to be honest, I'd forgotten all about it.

It does remind me though how much things have changed in that period of time - much of it good, but very much of it bad.

I do still believe in the principles of it though. I think we are allowed to do and say stupid, bad and reckless things, but if it's basic decency which will set us apart from others. There is no-one currently active on this site who I can describe as indecent. Of course, there are moments when we might not be at our best, but I believe we're all bigger enough and better enough because of that decency which was instilled in us through generations.

There are plenty of examples I can cite, Stevie, but this one particular example bears repeating again and again and again: the actions you and Hoopy undertook in the aftermath of losing Michael, were not only acts of decency. They were acts of respect and kindness which we seldom see in society nowadays. That is pure decency in human form and if I can be half that decent in my own life, then I'll be doing better than OK.
Yer makin my blush ffs. You're doin fine pal. One of life's good guys. God bless.

Aye, SP but tae quote the daughter, "Jim Goodwin is a DILF & CAN BUCKLE HER LEGS ANYTIME" 😱 😳 ffs I need a 🥃🥃🥃🥃 Slàinte 😂😂😂
One of the things I admire about the women of the west coast, is that they are quite forthright and don't mince their words, TT.

It might put a few more grey hairs on the heads of loving fathers, but you have to admire that level of honesty.

I missed the original post as I was in hospital with Bird Flu and now with hindsight can see that post Covid pandemic I was lucky it was just bird flu.

I loved reading back all the comments and the funniest one was from Michael saying “may your Lang lum reek” just Michael and made me smile.

I will not give my age but I am retired and well into the autumn of life and as with most things as the years slip by I appreciate more each day that I am given.

I love this forum and that’s why I’m still here and to those who have shown great kindness and support recently and over the years thank you.

Back