Bellshill/Viewpark getting a Celtic themed bar.....

I worked on an extension to the caterpillar factory there in the sixties, shower of hun bs stopped us using their canteen, claimed we were bring mud in with our wellies, it was nothing to do with mud they just didn`t want us in there why? cause most of the gang were Paddies, dirty shower of twats. cheap grub anaw.

I worked on an extension to the caterpillar factory there in the sixties, shower of hun bs stopped us using their canteen, claimed we were bring mud in with our wellies, it was nothing to do with mud they just didn`t want us in there why? cause most of the gang were Paddies, dirty shower of twats. cheap grub anaw.
Aw naw, nae mud allowed oan the caterpillar tracks 😱🤣
4D1B3248-E443-4B9E-826D-BFD62791A00E.jpeg

Teenage Fanclub 😎👍
I knew Norman quite well, played in a band with drummer Paul Quinn, big Celtic fan, bmx bandits, the soup dragons, various members of gun and Texas (both bands big Celtic fans) were from bellshill all around the same time, The late legendary John peel championed the bellshill beat, even came to visit the town to film “sounds of the suburbs” for channel 4
Nirvana’s Curt Cobain was heavily influenced by the bmx bandits, once said they were the only other band he wanted to be in

You played in a band? Tell me more🤔
Wasn’t anyone you’d have heard of I was into rock music, with hindsight should’ve cut my hair, and went down the indie route, made demo tapes, done showcase gigs, spent every weekend in the back of a transit van up and down the country doing gigs, even cut a self financed 7” single, didn’t make it big, but had a lot of fun doing it, easiest way to meet the ladies....play in a band, still have a couple of basses (my main instrument) a couple of guitars, currently learning the mandolin, ( struggling with it, my hands are like no12 coal shovels) and recently bought a banjo during lockdown to kill the time 👍

Back