Benkovic back next season?

Niall J

BR has given some hope Benkovic could be back for another crack next year. Would take him in a heartbeat. We need four good central defenders at the very least. With Ajer and Simunovic this would give us 3. Would still like another but this would certainly take the pressure off a bit if it happened.
(y)

Rodgers said: “Filip’s situation is one I’ll certainly look at. But there’s no doubt that if I want him to go out on loan again, I’d want him to go to Celtic.

“Of course, I’ll have a conversation with the player and I think he’s a big talent.

“But we’ve got four really good centre-backs here with big experience in Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire, Wes Morgan and Caglar Soyuncu.

“Filip is a top class young player but if he goes on loan again, I’d love him to return to Celtic.

“He needs to play and Celtic has been a great experience for him.”

BR has given some hope Benkovic could be back for another crack next year. Would take him in a heartbeat. We need four good central defenders at the very least. With Ajer and Simunovic this would give us 3. Would still like another but this would certainly take the pressure off a bit if it happened.
(y)

Rodgers said: “Filip’s situation is one I’ll certainly look at. But there’s no doubt that if I want him to go out on loan again, I’d want him to go to Celtic.

“Of course, I’ll have a conversation with the player and I think he’s a big talent.

“But we’ve got four really good centre-backs here with big experience in Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire, Wes Morgan and Caglar Soyuncu.

“Filip is a top class young player but if he goes on loan again, I’d love him to return to Celtic.

The last sentence is the most important, he's basically telling NL hes not playing him enough, cheeky fecker.

(y)

Remember the snake oil told us one thing before then did the opposite.

The comic tragedy of Rodgers is that if we do get given Benny K for another season it will have nothing to do with basic football reasons but purely to soothe his ego - as a sop to appease the Celtic support, a 'gift' from the great one to show he's still thinking of us and that he's not such a bad guy after all. Like your rapist sending flowers.

The comic tragedy of Rodgers is that if we do get given Benny K for another season it will have nothing to do with basic football reasons but purely to soothe his ego - as a sop to appease the Celtic support, a 'gift' from the great one to show he's still thinking of us and that he's not such a bad guy after all. Like your rapist sending flowers.
A jaw dropping but not inaccurate analogy. Fuck him.

That would be a great bit of news if the lad was up for it, and is that a wee bit of guilt I'm getting from Rodgers comments, sounds like he's trying to make amends for his moonlight flit to Leicester ?
If we are going to continue underfunding the side with loanees (which I fear ) then a good relationship with Leicester would be beneficial to Celtic. Personally I'd rather see us buying our own players and developing them but it does seem to be the way we've dealt recently. Hopefully congerton departure will see less loanees more signings and if BR wants to suck up to the support good send us decent talent as well.

We're still getting patronized by the mahogany messiah. He can fuck right off.
Benkovic is a player who if he is not going to be used at Liecester will decide for himself if he goes to any other team on loan or comes back to us, thats my reading of it if he stays with us it will not be because the slimy shite says it, it will be because Benkovic wants it. Managers in this day and age do not tell players who they will be playing with if not for the club they signed for.

Benkovic is a player who if he is not going to be used at Liecester will decide for himself if he goes to any other team on loan or comes back to us, thats my reading of it if he stays with us it will not be because the slimy shite says it, it will be because Benkovic wants it. Managers in this day and age do not tell players who they will be playing with if not for the club they signed for.
Ah know mate, it was the patronising "yeez will all love me again one day, you are still my flock " pish I was ranting about. The cunt??

(y)

Wouldn't trust Rogers as far as I can throw him. (and I can't even throw a dart)

It's all good if Fil Benkovic comes back to us for another year....the quality player that he is, but a waste of a space if the manager keeps him on the bench, as Lennon seems to do.
I'm convinced, if Benkovic was involved in another three games when called fit to play we would have won the league BEFORE the split.

(y)

I wouldn’t trust Rodgers if he told me that the sky is blue and the grass is green ???

Members online

Back