Best stories of traveling to celtic game home or away

New to the noise (great forum btw🍀) and I've already made a few threads (don't worry this will be my last for a while) what's your best stories that come to mind traveling to a game home or away etc......tried to find a similar post on here but couldn't find one
Welcome Tommy,
i think the noise is a safe place for all Tims, unless you like cats
Its been noted that you've started mer threads than than a factory on coronation street, but thats not a reason to criticise, keep it up
just dinnae mention politics, fitba, family, weather, Celtic, music or current affairs and you'll be fine with fuck all to talk about

my first game, 26 miles on a bus, the wait in the pub for the bus, picking Hibs on the ticket and winning my uncle £4, getting a £1 mixture in 1985, realising there was a price on those sweeties, standing at the door to the grange for an hour, your first match programme, getting in by being squashed by the adult who disnae want to pay a wean, seeing Paradise in all its misery (in 85), hearing, 'tablet, macaroon and spearmint chuuung gum', steve boyle scoring for Queens Park in 51st minute, eventually winning, the mud on the way back to the bus and realising the bus hame isn't so bubbly as the pished sleep it aff. Wanting to go back........

theres a few others, but the drinks done....i think

WECLOME TommyBhoy
I used to work in Paisley (paying for my sins for a misspent youth)
The workplace was split betwee the Billys and the Tims
The boss asked some of us to work on a Saturday and I said I was going to the game so needed to be out around 1 o'clock
No problem he said
It's getting near 1 and I'm getting nervous as I still have a wee bit of work to do
I get it done by quarter past and jump a bus into Gilmour Street station
As I run into the station I read a sign that says 'Supporters special, platform 3..." A non stop right to the Central
I am paying for my ticket, when I hear the train rumble in overhead
I charge up the stairs and as the doors are about to close, I jump through, and take the wee seat just inside the doors, which faces axross to the other doors, not the same way as the rest
Off we go...and the sing song starts...The Billy Boys, the Sash...I had jumped on the Huns special, so I had 20 minutes to sit through as it didn't stop until it got to Glasgow Central
A few minutes into the journey, one of the mutants (worse the wear for drink) shouts "Hey, how come you're naw singing !!"
Thankfully I knew anough not to wear colours on my way to games, thanks to having got a doing from 3 Huns one fine Saturday
Anyway, I look towards the guy and start to drool, then go "Nnnng...Aargh...Nnnng..." and other sounds, that are not usual, from an intellectual such as myself
As he started to stumble towards me, another mutant grabbed him and shouted..."Hey leave the boy alai, he's obviously naw right..."
He then skelped the fucker with the back of his hand, so the cunt sat back down, and joined in with the singing
As the trian rolled in to platform 13 (The Greenock Bhoys will remember that patform with affection) I am on my feet, wanting to be first off and on my way
As the doors opeed, I was out and running for my life as I had my scraf out of my pocket and shouting "GIRFUY ya orange bastards...!!!"
I will never forget the wee Jamaican ticket guy at the barrier, as I'm heading towards him at warp factor 9
"Hey, stop running...where's your..."
Oot ma fucking way !!!"... I brushed past him, and he goes flying
I didn't look back, and next thing, I'm out on Argyle Street with my scarf back in my pocket, as I head Parkhead
That was over 50 years ago, and I have recounted that story over the years
OK
Who's up next ???train seats .jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome Tommy,
i think the noise is a safe place for all Tims, unless you like cats
Its been noted that you've started mer threads than than a factory on coronation street, but thats not a reason to criticise, keep it up
just dinnae mention politics, fitba, family, weather, Celtic, music or current affairs and you'll be fine with fuck all to talk about

my first game, 26 miles on a bus, the wait in the pub for the bus, picking Hibs on the ticket and winning my uncle £4, getting a £1 mixture in 1985, realising there was a price on those sweeties, standing at the door to the grange for an hour, your first match programme, getting in by being squashed by the adult who disnae want to pay a wean, seeing Paradise in all its misery (in 85), hearing, 'tablet, macaroon and spearmint chuuung gum', steve boyle scoring for Queens Park in 51st minute, eventually winning, the mud on the way back to the bus and realising the bus hame isn't so bubbly as the pished sleep it aff. Wanting to go back........

theres a few others, but the drinks done....i think
😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👍

WECLOME TommyBhoy
I used to work in Paisley (paying for my sins for a misspent youth)
The workplace was split betwee the Billys and the Tims
The boss asked some of us to work on a Saturday and I said I was going to the game so needed to be out around 1 o'clock
No problem he said
It's getting near 1 and I'm getting nervous as I still have a wee bit of work to do
I get it done by quarter past and jump a bus into Gilmour Street station
As I run into the station I read a sign that says 'Supporters special, platform 3..." A non stop right to the Central
I am paying for my ticket, when I hear the train rumble in overhead
I charge up the stairs and as the doors are about to close, I jump through, and take the wee seat just inside the doors, which faces axross to the other doors, not the same way as the rest
Off we go...and the sing song starts...The Billy Boys, the Sash...I had jumped on the Huns special, so I had 20 minutes to sit through as it didn't stop until it got to Glasgow Central
A few minutes into the journey, one of the mutants (worse the wear for drink) shouts "Hey, how come you're naw singing !!"
Thankfully I knew anough not to wear colours on my way to games, thanks to having got a doing from 3 Huns one fine Saturday
Anyway, I look towards the guy and start to drool, then go "Nnnng...Aargh...Nnnng..." and other sounds, that are not usual, from an intellectual such as myself
As he started to stumble towards me, another mutant grabbed him and shouted..."Hey leave the boy alai, he's obviously naw right..."
He then skelped the fucker with the back of his hand, so the cunt sat back down, and joined in with the singing
As the trian rolled in to platform 13 (The Greenock Bhoys will remember that patform with affection) I am on my feet, wanting to be first off and on my way
As the doors opeed, I was out and running for my life as I had my scraf out of my pocket and shouting "GIRFUY ya orange bastards...!!!"
I will never forget the wee Jamaican ticket guy at the barrier, as I'm heading towards him at warp factor 9
"Hey, stop running...where's your..."
Oot ma fucking way !!!"... I brushed past him, and he goes flying
I didn't look back, and next thing, I'm out on Argyle Street with my scarf back in my pocket, as I head Parkhead
That was over 50 years ago, and I have recounted that story over the years
OK
Who's up next ???View attachment 23018
Great story mate 😂😂😂😂😂👍👍👍

It was 2003 my step dad and his good mate had job in Dublin for a year scaffolding and a few of the Irish bhoys at the job where going to Lyon Vs Celtic so my step dads mate came back home and suprised me and said we are going to Lyon we are meeting your step dad over in France but me and you are going to go over by bus so find a supporters bus and book us seats so checked the Celtic view and I contacted the govan emerald and the guy Tony said we have spaces on bus hotel and tickets but I said we don't need the tickets as we have tickets from the Irish bhoys so anyway we get bus from govan and I remember stopping at pub in Coventry (think it was the Coventry emerald csc) and remember walking in pub and the full place stood up and applauded us walking in and they put on a spread for us etc and 2 guys went home got there passports never told there wife's and came with us (think they took the 2 tickets we didn't need)anyway it was long travel to Lyon and we stayed in a place in France miles from Lyon then next day we finally arrived and we met my step dad and 2 Irish guys and could tell something was up (the Irish guy with the tickets never showed up)we couldn't get tickets for love or money so ended up watching it on a small TV in a shit french pub and to make it worse Lyon scored near the end to make it 3.2 and it was long travel home I think a was 15 at the time and remember I never spoke to my step dads mate for half travel home (good experience tho and I used that bus again for future away match) step dads mate sadly passed away so now I look back and enjoy thinking about that travel 🍀sorry probably loads of spelling mistakes 😂🍀

It was 2003 my step dad and his good mate had job in Dublin for a year scaffolding and a few of the Irish bhoys at the job where going to Lyon Vs Celtic so my step dads mate came back home and suprised me and said we are going to Lyon we are meeting your step dad over in France but me and you are going to go over by bus so find a supporters bus and book us seats so checked the Celtic view and I contacted the govan emerald and the guy Tony said we have spaces on bus hotel and tickets but I said we don't need the tickets as we have tickets from the Irish bhoys so anyway we get bus from govan and I remember stopping at pub in Coventry (think it was the Coventry emerald csc) and remember walking in pub and the full place stood up and applauded us walking in and they put on a spread for us etc and 2 guys went home got there passports never told there wife's and came with us (think they took the 2 tickets we didn't need)anyway it was long travel to Lyon and we stayed in a place in France miles from Lyon then next day we finally arrived and we met my step dad and 2 Irish guys and could tell something was up (the Irish guy with the tickets never showed up)we couldn't get tickets for love or money so ended up watching it on a small TV in a shit french pub and to make it worse Lyon scored near the end to make it 3.2 and it was long travel home I think a was 15 at the time and remember I never spoke to my step dads mate for half travel home (good experience tho and I used that bus again for future away match) step dads mate sadly passed away so now I look back and enjoy thinking about that travel 🍀sorry probably loads of spelling mistakes 😂🍀
It’s okay the spelling polis dinny login till Friday
Great story bud

HH 👏

First game was at CP against Dundee Utd beautiful sunny daywent with the Tranent CSC with ma uncle George I went through the Tunnel(turn style that was his secret description)
Was warned you stiy in the Hun end keep oot the Jungle. The game was ok but I could see the Jungle was the place to be the fans were moving like the sea so I thought there’s thousands of fans in there I’ll just pop in see what all the fuss was about.
Well who knew that there were rivers flowing down to the front I was bewildered it was sunny and then we scored how i survived the on rush god only knows.
But some guy grabbed me as I was heading for a (wee) puddle when it settled down I heard a familiar voice hoi Stevie git yir arse back in the hun end.
Uncle George thought he’d be mad but he knew I’d try the jungle, it was mad but that was CP at that time.
From a family of mostly Hibbees I found the Team Celtic FC and you know the rest is History.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Didn't get much opportunity to go to many games when I was a fledgling due to playing commitments, but I remember getting on the 'football special' for the 1985 Cup Final against United.

Train was pretty much 90-10 in favour of the arabs, but there was one lad, Sean Colley, who was not only a diehard Tim, but also a devotee of Peter Tosh, Bob Marley and Rastafarianism.

Somewhere between Dundee and Glasgow, Sean was pishin oot the windae and his big, baggy Rasta tammy floo aff his head into a coo field.

He was bereft.......the boy was beside he'sel and in spite of another great Celtic comeback in the game itself, wee Sean couldn't consolidate the loss of his beloved tammy.

On the very much delayed train back, Sean pulled the emergency cord at some undetermined point in the midst of teuchterland due to the very simple fact that there was a big bull wearing that same aforementioned rasta tammy in some godforsaken patch o' grass just ootside Invergowrie.

It was a long, long, long walk back home, but it was worth it for another cup final win and Colley gettin' his helmet back

Told this one on here earlier this season, but a wee refresher for Tommybhoy...

Me n young Shades were in Madrid this season for the CL qualifier...

Never got tickets fae Celtic but managed to get 2etickets online but it was in the home section 😱😱..

The police were searching everyone before you even got inside, so being cunning chaps we decided no Colours which was fine and then I hit on the idea of me and the wee mhan buying a Real scarf and just walking in together in silence... No sooner had we put the scarfs on when a Celtic fan approached us with 300 euros asking to buy a ticket,,, I replied naw big mhan I've came awe this way I'm not selling my tickets now... He looked at us for a split second then bust out laughing saying ffs I thought you were both Spanish.. To which I said good my disguise works... 😂😂😂😂...

Never fooled the police right enough after a pat down outside he said in decent English... Enjoy the game boys 😂😂😂😂😂

Here man, Tommy........sperm is just a donation, there are some fellas out there who are/were proper 'Dads'.

The fact that you are sharing that story proves how much that big fella(and your honorary Uncle) meant to you.

The biggest tribute you can make to your 'Da'' is to maintain his legacy and pass it down to your own progeny.

Bless his (and his pal's) soul and give him thanks for raising a blessed Bhoy

Last edited:
Told this one on here earlier this season, but a wee refresher for Tommybhoy...

Me n young Shades were in Madrid this season for the CL qualifier...

Never got tickets fae Celtic but managed to get 2etickets online but it was in the home section 😱😱..

The police were searching everyone before you even got inside, so being cunning chaps we decided no Colours which was fine and then I hit on the idea of me and the wee mhan buying a Real scarf and just walking in together in silence... No sooner had we put the scarfs on when a Celtic fan approached us with 300 euros asking to buy a ticket,,, I replied naw big mhan I've came awe this way I'm not selling my tickets now... He looked at us for a split second then bust out laughing saying ffs I thought you were both Spanish.. To which I said good my disguise works... 😂😂😂😂...

Never fooled the police right enough after a pat down outside he said in decent English... Enjoy the game boys 😂😂😂😂😂
Superb mate 😂😂😂

Here man, Tommy........sperm is just a donation, there are some fellas out there who are/were proper 'Dads'.

The fact that you are sharing that story proves how much that big fella(and your honorary Uncle) meant to you.

The biggest tribute you can make to your 'Da'' is to maintain his legacy and pass it down to your own progeny.

Bless his (and his pal's) soul and give him thanks for raising a blessed Bhoy
Think I maybe wrote it wrong but thanks pal means alot.....my DAD is alive and well it was his mate that sadly passed away ...🍀👍❤️

Didn't get much opportunity to go to many games when I was a fledgling due to playing commitments, but I remember getting on the 'football special' for the 1985 Cup Final against United.

Train was pretty much 90-10 in favour of the arabs, but there was one lad, Sean Colley, who was not only a diehard Tim, but also a devotee of Peter Tosh, Bob Marley and Rastafarianism.

Somewhere between Dundee and Glasgow, Sean was pishin oot the windae and his big, baggy Rasta tammy floo aff his head into a coo field.

He was bereft.......the boy was beside he'sel and in spite of another great Celtic comeback in the game itself, wee Sean couldn't consolidate the loss of his beloved tammy.

On the very much delayed train back, Sean pulled the emergency cord at some undetermined point in the midst of teuchterland due to the very simple fact that there was a big bull wearing that same aforementioned rasta tammy in some godforsaken patch o' grass just ootside Invergowrie.

It was a long, long, long walk back home, but it was worth it for another cup final win and Colley gettin' his helmet back
Least he got it back mate and the cup win was just a bonus 😂

Full bus up to Aberdeen and we got beaten 2-1.Sixty five on a 51 seater.The driver was a really nice guy and we gave him £20 for something to eat and maybe a wee drink as we were leaving at 11 o clock that night.Two of our club decided to miss the game and take the driver to a social club they knew.Well the inevitable happened.We all meandered back to the harbour where the coach was parked.Lo and behold the driver was lying over the wheel with his arms trapped in the spokes.A huge row broke out and as I tried to settle thing down the drive arose from his stupor and started the coach.I gabbed the keys out of the ignition and put them on the dashboard.The driver yelled at me and staggered forward grabbed the keys and flung them in the harbour.We grabbed him to stop him following them in.He passed out at the rear of the bus.I phoned the company and they sent another driver with spare keys.It was a 3 hr wait.I went to a chippie near the uni and ordered 61 mixed suppers I asked the guy for a discount but he said I,ve put a single white pudding in for free😂.Got home at 6.30 on Sunday.Happy days.HH.💚☘️

I remember a crazy away game at Hibs, either early January ’85 or ’86.

You’d never believe it, but at the time we didn’t have undersoil heating in those day and all games were cancelled due to snow. As Hibs at this point did have undersoil heating, they invited us for a ‘friendly’. The drive was great even with snow. There was no (or little) segregation in the ground. I was a bit naive and thought, well it’s a friendly and we’re “both green”.

We got beat 6-3 and the hibs fans were singing, “how they were back” (they were doing rubbish in the league), I think Mojo scored one of our goals

There were a few mad stares in the ground as the Hibees casuals were trying to size us up and although it didn’t go tonto, thinking back, it was a close one. I heard much later that the head of the Hib’s casuals was a guy called Crombie who, amongst others, was loosely based on Begbie from Trainspotting and he later ended up in Carstairs.

There’s no way now that fans would be allowed to mingle together in any ground home or away, friendly or not!

Those were the days!!

Back