Boax v Everton

Lost on penalties...shocking that GG blasted it high and wide, he's a centre forward FFS
Hatate sent the keeper the wrong way with his, but it hit the post and bounced straight back
Some of Everton's tackles were over the top for a friendly
Injuries are the only issue right now, and hopefully our World Cup Bhoys come through their games without getting hurt
Oh well, hope the Bhoys enjoy their holiday break and come back stronger for the restart of the season in December
HH

Just got up at 7am and disappointed to see we lost on pens ....looks like we dominated again without any reward from the highlights.
Kyogo and especially Abada have got to score and unfortunately this is an all too familiar story on repeat. Both great players and I won't be over critical but it's very frustrating
Just think what could be acheived if we manage to get an out and out goalscorer a poacher type that takes the many chances we create.
Never easy to find these types of players but a 3rd and or maybe 4th striker is a priority in the next stage of the Progression.
Oh and big GG needs a bit of pen practise ..easy option is to take him off pens but I'd insist he takes the next one to get that monkey off his back. I wouldn't worry too much about how confident he would be as he will get plenty of time to practise until we get our next pen. 🤔
Appreciate these two games are friendlies and the cash reward ultimately is the end goal. However I hate losing any game and I'm sure there is much disappointment for Ange particularly on his home patch.
Hopefully we get that final missing part of the jigsaw and we can start to blow teams away consistently that our play deserves and make that step up to winning away from domestic football.
Our bhoys deserve their break and hopefully come back refreshed and hungry for more improvement. 🍀🇮🇪👍

Missing he lads at World Cup still this keeps the team active and is good practice think Ange needs. Couple goal scorers in January
a well only 4weeks to look Forward too the restart the other half thinks I men Christmas when I say roll on December keeps her happy

Though our side are young and inexperienced largely.
It is alarming the number of chances we create and don't put away.

Rumour has it we are in the market for another striker , that were winning matches without Kyogo or Giakoumakis scoring is testament to the superb wingers we have, Jota, Forrest Haksabanovic, Abada.

Ange is all about the performance factor but that's only pertinent in the building phase we're in at present.

Pretty sure that wont be the case in a season or two's time.

Both Kyogo and Giakoumakis are very talented strikers but still neither are the finished article and would possibly be asking too much of them to expect them to be given where they have come from.

They can do it at SPFL level but if we're serious about a full frontal attack on Europe then realistically we will either need to unearth another gem , or splash the cash on a proven goalscorer.

That's not to say that I'm disappointed with either but perhaps another striker to keep these 2 fully focused would be no bad thing.

Reports say ( I know I know reports often full of shoite) we're in the market for a striker, midfielder and the Japanese defender.

The Sydney cup was a microcosm of our champions league campaign.
Shouldve won both games, didnt because we never took our chances.
Ange will only allow that for so long.

Think the rest of our domestic season will determine a lot about our current squad, which is the strongest I've seen for a long long time.

have to agree with most of the comments. Should have won both games, our defence (even without CCV) is not the issue, it's putting the ball in the net. Everton didn't have 1 shot on goal and we couldn't find the net.

For all that I love Kyogo and Giakoumakis we need a quality striker that puts the ball in the net against good defences and keeper.

Back