Boycott the hearts cup game

I cannot post as much as I would like. I love being part of this club and this community.
I would urge fellow fans to boycott the game in Edinburgh as a protest in support of the team and against the spfl.
For too long this sort of contemptuos attitude to fair play and even handedness has blighted our game . There is not one Celtic fan who expects any kind of parity of treatment by this organisation. I suggest we therefore boycott this game and spend the money in the Celtic shop or on the Celtic charities.
They will have to answer when the stadium is 3/4 empty in Edinburgh , or not . At least they will not have our money in as well. Maybe hearts will take up the slack and fill murrayfield? Maybe not.
Yours in Celtic hh.

If we continue to pay into a sham of an organisation such as the SFA and our club, and we supporters, fully endorse it through buying season tickets etc. then what chances do we have of boycotting a Semi-Final as one unhappy unit?

The fact that we don't stand up for our own - who had booked travel, taken time off work - is the reason the Continuation Myth flourishes.

As a support, we ourselves - can have no complaints as to how we are treated.

We facilitate it.

It gets more disgraceful with every action the SFA/SPFL indulge in.

Again, we are getting what we pay for. We know it, everyone knows it, the SFA & SPFL know it.

Morelos red card? Yep! We know what happens. We enable them to treat us all with contempt.

NO ONE TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES.

Better stiil, rather and just boycott why not just leave?. Given that the sfa and the premier set up as well as all the clubs have little or no time for us except for the money we bring why not give them the 2 years notice and join another league that at the very least respected us

There is the option of a boycott but if that were to happen Celtic could also show their contempt by fielding an under 18 team as I get the feeling (might just be my paranoia) that this season every obstacle they can find has been placed in front of us so far.

I don't know about a boycott as this might have an effect on the team who enjoy the vocal support from the fans. It's a sad day when a semi-final has to be played at a Rugby venue when Easter Road could be used and that would eat away at the Edinburgh Huns. Perhaps we could wear white T shirts with a message written against either the SFA or the SPL, or maybe turn up wearing Bin bags which would attract the t v cameras with Banners stating how corrupt Scottish football really is.

P

I don't know about a boycott as this might have an effect on the team who enjoy the vocal support from the fans. It's a sad day when a semi-final has to be played at a Rugby venue when Easter Road could be used and that would eat away at the Edinburgh Huns. Perhaps we could wear white T shirts with a message written against either the SFA or the SPL, or maybe turn up wearing Bin bags which would attract the t v cameras with Banners stating how corrupt Scottish football really is.

P

I for one don't agree to a boycott of the Hearts game. That would be detrimental to the team and harm any chance we still have for a treble treble.
HH?

It's one out, all out or no one out at all.

The unfortunate thing is that anything positive we do to tackle the SFA/SPFL will involve removing our support for the team.

How certain supporters fail to accept that fact is beyond me.

I'll keep praying for a Messiah to part the blue sea. I know it won't be me!

Deep down Stevie, I agree with you, BUT we MUST make a stand and start protesting somewhere.
This is the biggest attack on our club in our glorious and dignified history. Therefore this is an attack on every Celtic fan who holds this club dear.
If we don't start NOW then the league will be decided for us and taken out of our hands.
It's so hard to say no to semi tickets, but I'm sure the game will be "given" to the Hearts brutal thug filth anyway, and I will not spent good money travelling to the game where refs will treat us with contempt as they do, especially after the lack of bottle shown by Celtic, Lawwell and the rest of the spineless blouses at our club.
If Celtic won't act on our behalf, WE have to do it for ourselves and get rid of the dead wood in our boardroom, as soon as possible.

Deep down Stevie, I agree with you, BUT we MUST make a stand and start protesting somewhere.
This is the biggest attack on our club in our glorious and dignified history. Therefore this is an attack on every Celtic fan who holds this club dear.
If we don't start NOW then the league will be decided for us and taken out of our hands.
It's so hard to say no to semi tickets, but I'm sure the game will be "given" to the Hearts brutal thug filth anyway, and I will not spent good money travelling to the game where refs will treat us with contempt as they do, especially after the lack of bottle shown by Celtic, Lawwell and the rest of the spineless blouses at our club.
If Celtic won't act on our behalf, WE have to do it for ourselves and get rid of the dead wood in our boardroom, as soon as possible.
All the cups are endorsed by betting companies and tv, thats two revenue streams that can be boycotted, if you have an online account for example, ladbrokes willie hill bet fred for your flutter cancel it and state why if asked on the cancellation, Paddy power will have you. Cancel your sky if they have the cup games, entrance fee is only a small part of staging major tournaments now, its the sponsorship money that keeps the game ticking over.
the great jc

I'm never convinced by boycotts as it takes a large percentage of empty seats to prove a point and not enough fans will agree and it can come off as looking petty. Maybe a more proactive approach is needed by organising well-managed demonstrations or filling the stadium with appropriate banners. At the end of the day the bhoys in the team need us.....especially this team. :rolleyes:

All the cups are endorsed by betting companies and tv, thats two revenue streams that can be boycotted, if you have an online account for example, ladbrokes willie hill bet fred for your flutter cancel it and state why if asked on the cancellation, Paddy power will have you. Cancel your sky if they have the cup games, entrance fee is only a small part of staging major tournaments now, its the sponsorship money that keeps the game ticking over.
the great jc

Fantastic wee reminder of a Celtic great. HH

nobody could read the game like john clark,lisbon lion-legend HH
Fantastic wee reminder of a Celtic great. HH
I'm never convinced by boycotts as it takes a large percentage of empty seats to prove a point and not enough fans will agree and it can come off as looking petty. Maybe a more proactive approach is needed by organising well-managed demonstrations or filling the stadium with appropriate banners. At the end of the day the bhoys in the team need us.....especially this team. :rolleyes:

Remember this when people say the SFA nad associations are not guilty as charged of the things we accuse them of, remind them of the EBTs and then the European Licence and the debt that had materialised and crystalised when Regan said they had no debt until res 12 set to him, he claimed it was not crystalised at the time, see below attachment.
HH we shall not be moved.euro licence debt.png

On the John Clark vid how humble and how lucky were we to have guys like this.
John Clark could show the Charlie Nicks, Kris Commons and Andy Walkers of this world how to behave as a real Celtic legend. At his age he is still on the books because he eats, sleeps and breathes Celtic. A great servant as well as a great player and advocate of the club.

Back