1st game after Xmas for sevco
2017: Motherwell (h)
2018: Hibs (h)
2019: Kilmarnock (h)
2020: Hibs (h)
2021: St Mirren (h)
2022: Motherwell (h)
2023: Ross County (h)

Don’t you know these things even themselves out…

Were we not playing as we are I'm certain I'd feel differently about this but right at this moment I actually think this could make this side even stronger.
We always say the Scottish game isn't competitive enough for us when we play in Europe and while playing those sides away will test us to the limits it will make it all the sweeter when we come out the other side victorious.
It's massively unfair on the fans but a huge challenge to embrace.

I was beginning to think how impressed I've been with Rodgers return so far under real pressure he's got us playing exciting attacking football , and if it continues to improve at the rate of knots it has been then not even the staunchest against him could fail to give him credit.
We all knew this was no anomaly it's good to hear it called out for what it is, we're under seige, not that it's anything new just most blatant example in a wee while, time to huddle up let's ram it right down their anomalous arses by winning them all and becoming stronger for it on the European stage too.
Those that cheat/exploit and run the game here will regret pushing Celtic to become even stronger let's hope the board are up to speed and on board at a time when supporter relations aren't at their best.

Again a good read.

Factual, pertinent, incisive…..and paragraphed to fck…..Chapeau! ma mhan…

1st game after Xmas for Celtic
2017: Dundee (a)
2018: Aberdeen (a)
2019: St Mirren (a)
2020: Hamilton (a)
2021: St Johnstone (a)
2022: Hibs (a)
2023: Dundee (a)

Lets be honest here eh, no town or city wants these animals roaming their streets on boxing day🥊🥊, these nutjobs take it as literal . Plus awe the extra police and stewards needed on double time if it is boxing day. 🥊🥊

Ach naw Maybies a coincidence right enough 😳😳

And tattie scones and black pudding tae go wae it as well I suppose?…
Black Pudding 🤮🤢🤮..

Mrs went shopping the other day and brought some Black Pudding back for the weekend breakfast, she knows I hate the stuff, so I asked her why so got it, number 3 son will take it she said 👀....... Nope he's a vegetarian 😳😳😳.

Wummin eh...

P.S I'll exclude Stornoway black pudding fae my puke list, thats the biz awe black pudding should be like that.. ☺️

1st game after Xmas for Celtic
2017: Dundee (a)
2018: Aberdeen (a)
2019: St Mirren (a)
2020: Hamilton (a)
2021: St Johnstone (a)
2022: Hibs (a)
2023: Dundee (a)

And I remember the Huns complaining because they had to Ross County after Christmas last year😡

Today is our 6th away game in 10 league games, our 4th in 5 games.
If it wasn't for CL games you could easily forget what the inside of CP looks like.
Of the 6 away games in 10 we'll have been to Ibrox, Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Spaghettihad, Fir Park and Easter Road today. In what way is that a fair and evenly distribution of games. The fact we are 7 points clear, and they now have the difficult run of away games until the winter break is irrelevant, the whole league set up and fixtures is a nonsense (eg the likelihood is we'll end up playing someone away 3 times this season, last season we played Aberdeen at home 3 times).
Moving games for TV is something we have no control over, that's what happens when you take a shit deal and hand control over to a broadcaster with very little interest in the league with the exception of 4 games a season.

Today is our 6th away game in 10 league games, our 4th in 5 games.
If it wasn't for CL games you could easily forget what the inside of CP looks like.
Of the 6 away games in 10 we'll have been to Ibrox, Pittodrie, Tynecastle, Spaghettihad, Fir Park and Easter Road today. In what way is that a fair and evenly distribution of games. The fact we are 7 points clear, and they now have the difficult run of away games until the winter break is irrelevant, the whole league set up and fixtures is a nonsense (eg the likelihood is we'll end up playing someone away 3 times this season, last season we played Aberdeen at home 3 times).
Moving games for TV is something we have no control over, that's what happens when you take a shit deal and hand control over to a broadcaster with very little interest in the league with the exception of 4 games a season.
The whole thing is amateurish and pathetic. The distribution of difficult away matches looks to be anything but random.

The way the split operates too is terrible. I'd prefer a 16 side top league playing each other home and away.

Failing that then why not have the split after the 2nd round of fixtures? All 12 clubs plays each other home and away, then the top 6 play each other home & away for the title, and the bottom 6 do the same to determine relegation. This removes 6 midweek fixtures from an over-congested campaign, which often suffer lower attendances anyway.

(The "winner" of the bottom 6 can even visit the top 6 Europa Conference placed side at the end of the season in a play-off for European football if you want to give them some interest in the 2nd half of the season if they are well safe from relegation???)

The whole thing is amateurish and pathetic. The distribution of difficult away matches looks to be anything but random.

The way the split operates too is terrible. I'd prefer a 16 side top league playing each other home and away.

Failing that then why not have the split after the 2nd round of fixtures? All 12 clubs plays each other home and away, then the top 6 play each other home & away for the title, and the bottom 6 do the same to determine relegation. This removes 6 midweek fixtures from an over-congested campaign, which often suffer lower attendances anyway.

(The "winner" of the bottom 6 can even visit the top 6 Europa Conference placed side at the end of the season in a play-off for European football if you want to give them some interest in the 2nd half of the season if they are well safe from relegation???)
Teams won't vote to reduce the number of home games. A league of 16, probably the ideal number giving 30 games, is a reduction of 4 home games for each team. Will teams reduce season ticket prices by 20% since that is the reduction in home games?
A league of 14, split after 26 games into either 7 and 7, or 6 and 8, and play each other another twice would keep the number of home games the same or at least closer to what they currently are.
The issue with the split just now is it builds inequality into the fixtures for every team, you are not playing every team the same number of times home and away.

Last edited:
There was a thread on this a while back I mind thinking of how many different ideas come forward from just the noise.
If the noise has many different solutions to the problem ( all good ones) there's literally no chance the SPFL clubs can come up with any better.

Members online

Latest posts

Back