Brendan Rodgers - " smarter than the average bear"

I wasn’t against BR coming back to the club. But I’m the first to admit that when there was the bad spell during the season, I wanted him out the door, along with the directors. Apologies to Brendan.
Then when we got our missing players back, we were back to the Celtic that we all know and love.
We are going to win the league, but the directors didn’t help.
Now I don’t want any division between us, the team and the board.
But the board must give BR what he wants, not just to get another treble domestically, but to IMPROVE in Europe.
The manager, the players and the fans, have done their part, now it’s over to the board. SPEND BIG, and we’ll be at the top of Scottish football for many more years, and also get us back into a big club in Europe.
Lawwell always said that Celtic were a CL team, but he never ran it that way.
Now is that time.

Must say ally you are 100% correct,,you and the doctor were the only two who consistently said we would win the league!!!not saying the rest of us didn’t think the same but our faith was well and truly tested a few of us wobbled,but a feel we were justified with some of the dire performances!!however I diff my cap to you and dr fisiani.🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀👏
Erhm ...I also said we'd win the league, and so did my pal, and his pal , and his pals pal just saying HH

Erhm ...I also said we'd win the league, and so did my pal, and his pal , and his pals pal just saying HH
I think everyone on the Noise thought we would still win the league, we were just making it difficult for ourselves.

Except for Lubo who wasn't exactly boaxing clever for those couple of months ;) (and our Tasmanian Tiger hunter who wanted Rodgers sacked in order to turn things around in time to save the league, so not quite the same). So just Lubo really! :LOL:

I think everyone on the Noise thought we would still win the league, we were just making it difficult for ourselves.

Except for Lubo who wasn't exactly boaxing clever for those couple of months ;) (and our Tasmanian Tiger hunter who wanted Rodgers sacked in order to turn things around in time to save the league, so not quite the same). So just Lubo really! :LOL:
KEEP THE FAITH!
There's a reason why this phrase has stood the test of time HH

Still something about the guy that irritates me, can't help that haha. But credit is due for him in getting the results we need to get to this point. Just need to build on that and not embarrass ourselves in Europe again.
Uch well Anges nervous cough irritated me at first, but I could care less if it was some plukey wee eyes hanging out his sockets bent ower backwards martindale lingo punter as long as he gets the job done at the end of the season HH

Listening to that took me back to Ange and his similar pressers, he said in one practically the same thing. " have you heard of hearts?" , " yeah I'm not from the moon I'm from Australia coming from japan" , brilliant retort and both Celtic managers know how to handle the hacks here no problem.
The SMSM take great pleasure in providing negativity , we've been lucky to have two exceptional managers on the bounce. We could sign Ancelotti tomorrow and SMSM would be negative about the appointment.
Makes it all the sweeter when these guys deliver though.
I liked Anges parting shot at the media when he said he was looked at as a joke figure ,also his lucky man patter when we won the title...he knew he was heading to the EPL by then and that was a get it up you to the media.

Must say ally you are 100% correct,,you and the doctor were the only two who consistently said we would win the league!!!not saying the rest of us didn’t think the same but our faith was well and truly tested a few of us wobbled,but a feel we were justified with some of the dire performances!!however I diff my cap to you and dr fisiani.🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀👏
I know a lot of you had doubts esp. I fully understand that. You know when we went through all the bad times, Fergus came and saved us. Form was gruesome in those days signing players like Wayne Biggins Carl Muggleton Willi Falconer . We didn't have a clue where we were heading. Our faith in our club was tested but we never ever gave up in our faith for the team. That's were I take my believe and strength from in supporting my team. We were at a low ebb but faith in your team as in life keeps you on a level field. I have never had doubts about Celtic win or lose it's the team I support and will never never deny that. HH ☘️ ☘️

There’s a lot goes into forming an opinion on the rodge. What I will say is he’s played a blinder these last few months. When the pressure was on and we were losing our minds, he was clever enough to realise we were only going to get better once the players that were out came back. And once it got to squeaky bum time, he was flawless in selection and tactics. He was clever enough to play lurch like a fiddle too. We can say what we wan about this season, it ended with the title which is the holy grail and if I’m honest, we were fortunate to have the better man at the helm.

Can we improve by 10%? Of course, we can. Rodgers is a smart man and a hard worker and is already planning next season. Match day 1 in Europe is 17 September at the earliest. 4 months to rebuild a squad. Will he sell players YES. Players might retire.Joe Hart for one. Expect the unexpected. Are we scouring Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe for emerging talent? i hope so. There are gems to be found. A 10% improvement if achieved confirms us as the best team in Scotland but Europe is a higher hurdle. I want a team that can beat Real Madrid, Barcelona, Leverkusen and Arsenal. Our current squad would struggle. A true European League will come one day. We are cursed by being based in the poverty of Scotland and ruled by the SFA. The three teams relegated from the EPL will each earn far more than us. Money does not ensure success but it certainly make the chances better. I expect the Scottish Cup final to be won by at least 4 goals and our superiority confirmed.
Aim for a 100 point total in the league. Our current points are 90 and we could gain 93. A 10% gain would have us at 100 points.
In Europe the goal should be to reach the last 16 in the CL. That means finishing top 2 in our group. Set goals high and plausible.

Can we improve by 10%? Of course, we can. Rodgers is a smart man and a hard worker and is already planning next season. Match day 1 in Europe is 17 September at the earliest. 4 months to rebuild a squad. Will he sell players YES. Players might retire.Joe Hart for one. Expect the unexpected. Are we scouring Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe for emerging talent? i hope so. There are gems to be found. A 10% improvement if achieved confirms us as the best team in Scotland but Europe is a higher hurdle. I want a team that can beat Real Madrid, Barcelona, Leverkusen and Arsenal. Our current squad would struggle. A true European League will come one day. We are cursed by being based in the poverty of Scotland and ruled by the SFA. The three teams relegated from the EPL will each earn far more than us. Money does not ensure success but it certainly make the chances better. I expect the Scottish Cup final to be won by at least 4 goals and our superiority confirmed.
Aim for a 100 point total in the league. Our current points are 90 and we could gain 93. A 10% gain would have us at 100 points.
In Europe the goal should be to reach the last 16 in the CL. That means finishing top 2 in our group. Set goals high and plausible.
We finished like a train Fis
Last night is the benchmark,not a one off

Fis, just a reminder that there are no more groups. If we finish 9th to 24th place in the Swiss Format league of 36 teams, then we are in a 2 leg play off to go into the last 16 knock out stages. I hope you are correct about the cup final, but I expect it to be much closer.

We should make no mistake in the enormity of winning this title.

Hunnery closed their despicable masonic ranks against us on every "level" (get it?)

They threw everything at us. The SFA, the MIB, the Mediia, we were VAR'd to the nth "degree" (get it?) every Hun acolyte was in to us at every opportunity and in spite of it all we prevailed.

This is truly a Title to savour. We did it against overwhelming odds and every dirty, cheating and corrupt thing they could throw at us.

So I say to all you dirty, cheating, corrupt, low life Hun sycophants.

Get It Right Fckn Up You All. We are Celtic and we are the CHAMPIONS and we are laughing at you all. We welcome the fckn chase lol...

Last edited:
Back