Brendan Rodgers.

AJ1910

I never wanted him back, I think a lot of fans thought likewise.

So for me he came in needing to build some bridges. His dealings in the transfer market didn't impress me, and looking at todays team selection and subs, it appears his dealings didn't impress him much either.

We then got papped out of the "who gives a fuck if it's not part of a treble" cup, and dropped points at home to St Johnstone.

So I'm thinking please fuck off, if Leicester don't want you, then maybe try some other no name club in that neck of the woods.

But then we beat the Huns his tactics in Europe seemed spot on even if the results were shite, we had him helping a young fan avoid the stewards, and I'm thinking "this is going to work out"

Then I wasn't happy with his line up on Wed, and his team selection and subs today were baffling.

So my feelings towards him now are, stay or go I don't give a fuck.

However I think he needs to know that in the eyes of some fans- possibly just me- he's still on probation.

So for me he came in needing to build some bridges. His dealings in the transfer market didn't impress me, and looking at todays team selection and subs, it appears his dealings didn't impress him much either.

We then got papped out of the "who gives a fuck if it's not part of a treble" cup, and dropped points at home to St Johnstone.

So I'm thinking please fuck off, if Leicester don't want you, then maybe try some other no name club in that neck of the woods.

But then we beat the Huns his tactics in Europe seemed spot on even if the results were shite, we had him helping a young fan avoid the stewards, and I'm thinking "this is going to work out"

Then I wasn't happy with his line up on Wed, and his team selection and subs today were baffling.

However I think he needs to know that in the eyes of some fans- possibly just me- he's still on probation.
While we are all entitled to opinions, I totally, totally disagree with your post!

As you say we're all entitled to our opinions. Mine is I won't be demanding his head, but if he"s not here on Monday I won't lose any sleep over it.

As I see it, since he's come back, he's done a lot that's good, and a lot that isn't

I thought Rodgers was a good candidate but thought his legacy was too toxic for too many of our fans to accept him back. I personally got over his previous departure a couple of years ago and I am surprised most fans welcomed his return.

I still think we could have strengthened more in the summer, but this is now in the past so our coaching team must work with the squad we have.

I agree that we could/should have rested some players today, but if Forrest's volley had hit the bar 1 inch lower then it was a goal and we'd have got a deserved win.

Today was disappointing and frustrating, and I'm sure Rodgers knows his preparation, team selection, tactics and substitutions could have been better. But you could say that about most matches. BR took the plaudits when he got things right and so he must take the flack when he gets thing wrong.

Based on past history, I understand your anger too and this is something Brendan will have to face after every substandard performance/poorer result. But I would not agree with your overall assessment, although I respect your opinion.

As you say we're all entitled to our opinions. Mine is I won't be demanding his head, but if he"s not here on Monday I won't lose any sleep over it.

As I see it, since he's come back, he's done a lot that's good, and a lot that isn't
Well entitled to your opinion mate don’t think you’re alone way that thought!! A don’t agree way it a think he’s a top manager,a think he has a weakness with thinking he can make honey oota dog shite concerning some mediocre players we have,he should just bite the bullet and unload them,freshen it up.!!!can blame him for the subs!!but cant blame him for the guys that stared not making a single chance for our striker!!lotta greedyness today glory hunters,instead of the easy pass,,

Well entitled to your opinion mate don’t think you’re alone way that thought!! A don’t agree way it a think he’s a top manager,a think he has a weakness with thinking he can make honey oota dog shite concerning some mediocre players we have,he should just bite the bullet and unload them,freshen it up.!!!can blame him for the subs!!but cant blame him for the guys that stared not making a single chance for our striker!!lotta greedyness today glory hunters,instead of the easy pass,,
“Started”

All are entitled to an opinion but we are undefeated in the league after the toughest opening fixture list I can remember.
Rodgers team hasn't even taken shape yet it beginning to look like it's taking shape though.
I have to totally , strongly disagree with you on this point, but I'll acknowledge you're not alone in thinking this.
Rodgers will win titles for Celtic and before today most were full of praise for him.
We may have missed an opportunity to extend our healthy lead but even should sevco win tomorrow our leads still very healthy at this stage.
To throw that away and start from scratch would be completely foolhardy , id say perhaps your opinions based more in understandable disappointment at today rather than the reality of where we're at under Rodgers.

Yeah mate it's just you. You are obviously still living in the past. I feel sorry for you to be honest, just waiting and hoping Rodgers will fail to say, 'I told you so'.

Rodgers has mine and the majority of Celtic fans support.

Yeah mate it's just you. You are obviously still living in the past. I feel sorry for you to be honest, just waiting and hoping Rodgers will fail to say, 'I told you so'.

Rodgers has mine and the majority of Celtic fans support.
St Johnstone result was poorer one than this point. Only around 14/15 games in and not doing too badly considering where we started.
Where this the starting position of another new manager there'd be far less criticism I believe.

St Johnstone result was poorer one than this point. Only around 14/15 games in and not doing too badly considering where we started.
Where this the starting position of another new manager there'd be far less criticism I believe.
The thing is, Brendan is pretty much a new manager to practically every player in the first team squad. I think it might only be CalMac, Jamesie, Ralston, Bain & Mikey J that he has coached before.

And, until MJ's return today, only 1 is a starting player with 2 on the bench if that. BR would have known Welsh who was just a youngster when he was here before, but never really played him.

I was not over the moon with BR's appointment, but I felt it was the best and right one, in the circumstances we found ourselves in. However he needs to start imposing himself on Mark Lawell and our recruitment department. Getting the players in who will improve the team, is vastly more importtant in my opinion, than a hit and miss developmental policy. How much more money do we want in the bank, at the expense of a better squad ? I hope he does this in January. It should be a priority for him. Improves the team for the run in of this season and gives plenty of time to integrate new players for next season as well. If daddy Lawell doesn't like it, Rodgers should take him on. Get it out in the open. Not behind closed doors, which is what Lawell and the Board like. By the way, and I am not sure, but I think I read recently, the Board will get an increase of 62% in directors' fees. Maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

Last edited:
I was not over the moon with BR's appointment, but I felt it was the best and right one, in the circumstances we found ourselves in. However he needs to start imposing himself on Mark Lawell and our recruitment department. Getting the players in who will improve the team, is vastly more importtant in my opinion, than a hit and miss developmental policy. How much more money do we want in the bank, at the expense of a better squad ? I hope he does this in January. It should be a priority for him. Improves the team for the run in of this season and gives plenty of time to integrate new players for next season as well. If daddy Lawell doesn't like it, Rodgers should take him on. Get it out in the open. Not behind closed doors, which is what Lawell and the Board likes. By the way, and I am not sure, but I think I read recently, the Board will get an increase of 62% in directors' fees. Maybe somebody can shed some light on this.
Tom Allison, Brian Wilson and Dermot Desmond have been awarded 62.5% pay rises to take their Celtic salaries from £25,000 up to £40,000, plus expenses. Outgoing Chairman, Ian Bankier, also received this.

Why the hell does billionaire DD need a salary from Celtic? If it is absolutely necessary then why not a token £1/year?

As the CEO & Executive Director of Celtic plc, the total compensation of Peter Lawwell is currently on £1,111,709 per annum - not sure if bonuses are awarded on top of this value.

Tom Allison, Brian Wilson and Dermot Desmond have been awarded 62.5% pay rises to take their Celtic salaries from £25,000 up to £40,000, plus expenses. Outgoing Chairman, Ian Bankier, also received this.

Why the hell does billionaire DD need a salary from Celtic? If it is absolutely necessary then why not a token £1/year?

As the CEO & Executive Director of Celtic plc, the total compensation of Peter Lawwell is currently on £1,111,709 per annum - not sure if bonuses are awarded on top of this value.
It sticks in the craw that Dermot Desmond should have the greed and nerve to take a salary from Celtic when he is a billionaire. I suppose that greed helped him to a billion so a leopard won't change its spots.

I thought PL was only the chairman and he surely got enough out of Celtic's coffers when he was officially the CEO, including his massive bonuses, without needing another million per annum.

Didnt want him back.
But he has done very good job so far and he changed his communication style and has grown on me.
Todays performance from radio only was pretty tame after the dynamic midweek performance. That in itself was always gonna be hard to replicate away against a Hibs side who took bad defeat last week.
By sounds of things the tippy tappy was back today with little change against a well organised defence. Never been that impressed with tippy tappy tactics in scotland against mostly defensive sides. But hey ho, he usually gets at least a goal and by sounds of it on radio we had lots of good chances spurned or well defended.

The summer recruitment I think was decent but we have too many players imo which means despite having good quality throughout squad lack of actual gametime means they dont instantly get up to team synergy unless they get string of games to get them gelled and better ready when into side.

A pragmatic tactical option against strong defensive opposition makes more sense to me especially when tippy tappy isnt up to the speed and accuracy of passing that it requires to pull off at zero zero or trailing especially away from home.

I rate all our players as good enough but lack of gametime imo means they dont perform adhoc calling.

Draws away from home used to be great result against better sides in Scotland.

As long as Rodgers isnt rocking boat then he is great coach and Im happy to have great coach picking side.

The recruitment in certain areas I hope can be improved but only if its truly good value for club and not just short term waste of funds.

Mikey johnston is great talent if rodgers can get him up to regular performces if not then better he got first team somewhere else. Same goes with any of the other great talents who arent first team regulars yet.

I dreaded resigning Rodgers cause I thought it would create havoc. It hasnt. he also been given decent chance to evualuate who he rates or can add value to with our already large squad. So i suspect come winter and next season he can pass on his ideas to relevent parties and try stregthen areas he thinks needs freshened.

just waiting and hoping Rodgers will fail to say, 'I told you so'.
You couldn't be more wrong. I was glad that he was doing well, but yesterday was possibly avoidable.

Even if he'd picked the right team and made the right subs we still could have got frustrated in front of goal.

But I think with a better team we'd have got a better result.

I like MJ but not sure he should have got on ahead of Yang, and Iwata is starting to have shades of Shved.

Let's see what kind of team he puts out on Wed.

Think it’s fair to say I was neutral on BR. Feel it’s up to him to show us what he’s got this time round.
In fairness the first half of the Atletico game was outstanding and as good as I have seen Celtic in a good few years and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Onthe other hand after such an intense night I thought he would make changes for yesterday and do think he messed up.
8 wins 2 draws is a pretty good start so at the moment the LMC scale is probably more in the positive position on BR than at the start.
HH

Lost 1 game in the cup None in the league
Played some great football in the CL against some good teams.
I also didn’t want him anywhere near Celtic
But FFS man a wee bit of perspective
We’re not guaranteed to win you have to earn it he put out his strongest 11 they came up short.
Sure you’re not Huge Skidmark Keevins in disguise.
Do tell us your problem with Wednesday’s team selection.
Help ma Boab

HH🍀

The thing is, Brendan is pretty much a new manager to practically every player in the first team squad. I think it might only be CalMac, Jamesie, Ralston, Bain & Mikey J that he has coached before.

And, until MJ's return today, only 1 is a starting player with 2 on the bench if that. BR would have known Welsh who was just a youngster when he was here before, but never really played him.
Aye, of course , I meant that as he's returning manager he's not new manager to the support and if he was he'd be cut a little more slack I think.

Members online

Back