Cameron Harper comes home

lcafiero

Well, it looks like Cameron Harper is coming back to the U.S. to play for New York Red Bulls in the MLS. Good for me, because I'll be able to see him play when NYRB travels to the West Coast, but I was hoping he's make his mark in the Green and White.

You'll need to keep us up to date on his progress Larry. Good move for a kid deemed surplus to requirements at Celtic after one game...as a striker!
It's no wonder this review is taking a while, the exit interviews alone must be taking up most of the time.
I've a horrible feeling we've lost a good 'un there.

Yep, that remains to be seen, Niall, and I'm hoping that Celtic hasn't seen the last of Harper. It's unfortunate there's no room for quality players in a system where reserves are cultivated only to watch incoming transfers take their places on the first team. While Stephen Welsh made it through, it appears, it looks like Armstrong Oko-Flex and Karamoko Dembele are also offski soon enough, which is unfortunate.

Yep, that remains to be seen, Niall, and I'm hoping that Celtic hasn't seen the last of Harper. It's unfortunate there's no room for quality players in a system where reserves are cultivated only to watch incoming transfers take their places on the first team. While Stephen Welsh made it through, it appears, it looks like Armstrong Oko-Flex and Karamoko Dembele are also offski soon enough, which is unfortunate.
Its not just unfortunate but also very poor management. And a complete waste of time and money. If you are not going to put in the effort and give young players a chance to develop and improve then stop buying these projects and instead combine the money into buying one established player instead who will immediately improve your first team. I feel in the future we will look back at some of the youngsters who have left/will almost certainly leave now with a little bit of regret that we never even gave them a chance - especially when our first team regulars were playing so poorly.

Its not just unfortunate but also very poor management. And a complete waste of time and money. If you are not going to put in the effort and give young players a chance to develop and improve then stop buying these projects and instead combine the money into buying one established player instead who will immediately improve your first team. I feel in the future we will look back at some of the youngsters who have left/will almost certainly leave now with a little bit of regret that we never even gave them a chance - especially when our first team regulars were playing so poorly.
Weve done that already Andy Robertson springs to mind

Theres another good young up n coming talent fucked off cause lenny wilnae play the youth till hes forced to it's a flaw of his I dont blame these boys but we've been screaming for a winger awe season n wee had this boy all along surely he was worth a try we play in scotland ffs am sure he wid not have found it too hard

Theres another good young up n coming talent fucked off cause lenny wilnae play the youth till hes forced to it's a flaw of his I dont blame these boys but we've been screaming for a winger awe season n wee had this boy all along surely he was worth a try we play in scotland ffs am sure he wid not have found it too hard
We were maybe desperately needing a winger but which one of over performing on shit-hot form superstars could you have dropped to give him a game??? Oh...!

Back