Can we take this form into Europe and stop being rabbits in the headlights?

It's in there somewhere.......the performances against Bayern and Zenit were amongst our best last season.

It's the concentration and psychological element that Andybhoy alluded to that we appear to have a major problem with in Europe.

We can't "outfootball" these sides with technique. MON's sides used their attributes at home and bullied some of Europe's finest. Strachan's side were pretty resilient and i'll never forget those nights against Barca.

Not bothered with EL this season, but we do have to start finding a way to play in Europe against more technically gifted teams. These next three EL games should be used as an experiment to find a formula that may be effective in future.

It's in there somewhere.......the performances against Bayern and Zenit were amongst our best last season.

It's the concentration and psychological element that Andybhoy alluded to that we appear to have a major problem with in Europe.

We can't "outfootball" these sides with technique. MON's sides used their attributes at home and bullied some of Europe's finest. Strachan's side were pretty resilient and i'll never forget those nights against Barca.

Not bothered with EL this season, but we do have to start finding a way to play in Europe against more technically gifted teams. These next three EL games should be used as an experiment to find a formula that may be effective in future.
And also find the players capable of playing at that level.

get bertie auld intae the huddle, he was'nt scared of any phuqer!!!!!!

The Seville team were also far more resilient than the current squad, nowadays apart from Broony we have a softness that need toughening up... the likes of Lenny, Lambo, Thommo, Sutton, Bobo & Johan were all hard as nails on the pitch,

No way would a plastic hardman like that prick Naismith act like he does with even just a couple of those names on the park against him
Could you picture Naismith reaction reading the Celtic team sheet. He would probably feign injury in the dressing room rather than face Bobo.

Let's see what happens with this. The defence is looking ok. Gordon did a bit of pisstake skill and chipped a guy. McGregor is spraying it about like a tom cat on heat. We scored a corner! Ntcham and brown out. 2 fairly safe passers. Ntcham hasn't been on it anyway. Christie seems hungry. Let's have a good old go. Lustig is a good footballer and has thrived in a further forward role recently. He ain't going to get that freedom on Thursday. Mabey he can if the ball is moved quickly enough but we will need Christie/McGregor/Forrest to be seriously on it to rotate and keep the shape of the team. Same for Sinky and KT on the left.
I don't know if this is another false dawn in the making but fuck it. I'm genuinely looking forward to this game and I don't think I'm alone.

With regards to Lustig.... when we play the slow sideways and backwards passing we invite teams to press us, spaces disappear, players lose the ball and then Lustig (and others) are put under pressure

With our faster recent approach it means Lustig can push further forward where he is far better.

A few games ago I’d have said Broony was irreplaceable and if anyone said otherwise I’d be wondering what they were smoking... now I’m really not so sure, we seem to play faster, moving the ball AHEAD INTO SPACE with CalMac playing that position which has allowed the whole midfield to be far more creative as there is more space to run into

In particular Sinclair has been far more like his old self recently due to getting the ball quicker and having space to run into with the ball

It's only been a few games but I'm with you on the idea of let's see where this new approach takes us. It's the most fluent domestic play I've seen since BRs first season. The last 5 games 23goals and it could of been 35. The fear factor is back. They all know it. Well done lads is all I can say.
Europe, nothing to fear..pauncy dafties with perms and scheme milf leopard trousers, carol vorderman having her way with dave king over a barrel of salted herring ....sorry different Europe.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back