Celtic’s Attacking Options Are Less Than They Were, But Still Look Strong For Tomorrow.

James Forrest

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Staff member
When you look at the Celtic side of last season and then the one we’re watching just now, it’s obvious that we’re not as powerful in the key area of the pitch where the games are won. Our attacking options are less than they were. There is no Jota. There is no Abada. We score less goals than we did last season. These are the facts. They are undisputed. We are on 85 goals right now.

Source

Continue reading...

It's not only the loss of Jota and Abada, who were both top players.
Also have to factor in the loss of Aaron Mooy who imo is as big a loss as any we've lost.
There's also the no small matter of the number of times our line up has had to be shuffled to cope with injuries.
How many different Celtic line ups have we witnessed this season? More than I care to remember and certainly more than I can remember for a long long time.

This has been the most mix n match n patch Celtic side I can remember and I'm 15yrs old , oops got that backwards 51 yes old, sounded better the first time.
Anyway the fact that Rodgers has been able to introduce new players to the team in what , for a time felt like every other match.
We saw lagerbeilke, Nawrocki, Welsh, Ralston, Holm, Bernardo, Iwata, Yang, Forrest , Oh even Bain when Hart was suspended im probably missing some, well we could add Idah and Kuhn to that list.

Some of those guys had played for us before but the stand out was the 1-0 derby win at Mordor when Rodgers had no choice but to keep the faith with certain individuals.
I remember that day as the team sheet surfaced and like everyone else I thought f*k me , I'm concerned. However the bhoys put in a marvellous shift, it was the day Scales made his impression on the supporters and club .

I believe that in pulling off this title it will go down as one of if not the best Rodgers has won given the nature of and sheer number of players missing .
It's an enormous credit to Rodgers for keeping the results flowing in with 3pts attached.
It's not been vintage, some performances aside but that we can win the title at home in front of 'Tim's only day ' something they instigated, will be one of the sweetest moments as a Tim for me no two ways about it.
Phenomenal job Brendan Rodgers now let's finish it tomorrow HH

Back