Celtic B V Scum B

Good first half for the Bhoys
And being honest, the young Govan Galacticos had the majority of chances in the second half
Big Bosun Lawal was channelling Efe Ambrose at times, no harm to him, but he's, on that showing anyway, as near the first team, as I am
Imagine the Huns losing on penalties, there's irony there, but I can't quite put my finger on it
Well done our keeper, he came through in the spot kicks
Well done the B team, you kept the trophy winning going
Rocco Vata, Adam Brooks and Ben Summers stood out for me, but they all played their hearts out till the end and were deserved winners
Too bad that Joey Dawson is out until next season, as he was on fire scoring 20 goals, and even made a first team appearance when Kyogo was out injured
That Bhoy has bags of confidence and it's good to see the youngsters showcase their talents, as they try to make the professional ranks
Good luck to all of them
Credit where it's due to the Rangers B team, some handy players in their squad too
Mind you, Lovelace for being a decent footballer, tries to con the MIBs every time he's near the penalty area
Enjoy your week everyone
It's great to be a TIM
YNWA

Good first half for the Bhoys
And being honest, the young Govan Galacticos had the majority of chances in the second half
Big Bosun Lawal was channelling Efe Ambrose at times, no harm to him, but he's, on that showing anyway, as near the first team, as I am
Imagine the Huns losing on penalties, there's irony there, but I can't quite put my finger on it
Well done our keeper, he came through in the spot kicks
Well done the B team, you kept the trophy winning going
Rocco Vata, Adam Brooks and Ben Summers stood out for me, but they all played their hearts out till the end and were deserved winners
Too bad that Joey Dawson is out until next season, as he was on fire scoring 20 goals, and even made a first team appearance when Kyogo was out injured
That Bhoy has bags of confidence and it's good to see the youngsters showcase their talents, as they try to make the professional ranks
Good luck to all of them
Credit where it's due to the Rangers B team, some handy players in their squad too
Mind you, Lovelace for being a decent footballer, tries to con the MIBs every time he's near the penalty area
Enjoy your week everyone
It's great to be a TIM
YNWA
"Rocco Vata, Adam Brooks and Ben Summers stood out for me, but they all played their hearts out till the end and were deserved winners"
Spot on.(y)

I've always loved this cup in my first ever final as an 8 year old my uncle took me to Hampden and we beat Clyde 8-0,but what a remember most was the Celtic fans going Tonto,cos Morton had drew with the Huns,the same night
For some reason I always enjoyed winning this cup, too, McGarrell. It's actually a stunning trophy to look at.
One of my favourite memories was from a game way back; for some reason there was more hype than we normally associated with a Glasgow Cup Final. The reason for that was the fact that the other finalists were a team which played in the Ibrox area at that time. Long deceased now.
So, Big Jock suggested to them that we play more or less our second string teams just to take the tension out of the occasion. They refused and made it clear that they were playin' to win the trophy.
Jock stayed true to his thoughts, and fielded a team of more or less fringe players.
We went on to beat them, ( 3-1 I think ) with a young Jimmy Quinn being the star of the show.
You ain't seen nothing like the Mighty Quinn became something of an anthem for a while after that. Should really get a life, shouldn't I ?

Hopefully Vata's injury last night won't stop him getting some gametime in the last 3 games after Saturday. In the midfield Ben Summers & Tsoanelo Letsosa both looked very good in the first half and Summers in particular must be in with a shout for some first team minutes over the next couple of weeks, especially as he's been training with first team for a while now.
Have watched the left back and captain Matthew Anderson a few times this season and he has always been very impressive. Plays the inverted full back role with ease and also very good when overlapping as well. Another that may have a big future at the club, he signed a new 2 year contract recently.

For some reason I always enjoyed winning this cup, too, McGarrell. It's actually a stunning trophy to look at.
One of my favourite memories was from a game way back; for some reason there was more hype than we normally associated with a Glasgow Cup Final. The reason for that was the fact that the other finalists were a team which played in the Ibrox area at that time. Long deceased now.
So, Big Jock suggested to them that we play more or less our second string teams just to take the tension out of the occasion. They refused and made it clear that they were playin' to win the trophy.
Jock stayed true to his thoughts, and fielded a team of more or less fringe players.
We went on to beat them, ( 3-1 I think ) with a young Jimmy Quinn being the star of the show.
You ain't seen nothing like the Mighty Quinn became something of an anthem for a while after that. Should really get a life, shouldn't I ?
To have that is my idea of a guid life Frank
Outwith Faimily to have seen the the great Celtic sides play.
My first GCup final we lost 3-2 Davie Cooper scored a fantastic goal playing keepy uppy in the box.
The Celtic fans sung there their thir thur hearts out the atmosphere was brilliant
So no Frank you’ve lived a great wee life
Watching Glasgow’s Green and White
As have all Celtic fans

HH 👏

Last edited:
My first ever 'Old Firm 'match, Frank. I was 12 years of age. Got my first scarf that morning. Silk effect one. All the rage of the time. Best scarf ever in my opinion. 1970 I think. Hampden Park, glorious August Wednesday evening, huge crowd. Taken to the match by my older cousins, Lifted over the turnstile, onto the terrace, close to the dividing fence. Saw it in all its glory. Mainly, our second team beat them off the Park. I think they had a first team out. Never forgot it. I often close my eyes and try to reminisce and recapture that special feeling associated with it. Sometimes I am lucky and get to go back there. 👍 🍀 💚

Last edited:
My first ever 'Old Firm 'match, Frank. I was 12 years of age. On the terrace. Taken to it by my older cousins. 1970 I think. Hampden Park, glorious August Wednesday evening, huge crowd. Mainly, our second team beat them off the Park. I think they had a first team out. Never forget it. I often close my eyes and try to reminisce and capture that special feeling associated with it. Sometimes I am lucky and get to go back there. 👍 🍀 💚
Memories such as that are simply beyond description. Impossible to articulate as they mean different things to different folk. However, I think I get pretty close to what you're saying here POD. I can easily relate to your post. Absolutely priceless!

Football and Celtic in particular are good for nostalgia. All the big games I remember clearly, who I was with, where we watched them.
I remember my life based on where I watched World Cups (74 Colchester, 78 Kirkton, 82 Kirkton, 86 Mid Craigie and 90 London).
Remember getting carry oots for the games on Live TV? It was a social event when a game was on live TV. Cup Finals and Scotland games were the only live games on TV.

My first games were all in England following west brom ,saw some great players at the time Charlton ,Best ,Osgood Lorimor,Bremner Clarke ,gallus charlie George , Asa Harford ,Latchfords debut , can mind them all

So you could imagine ma shock at my first Hampden final in 71 didn't get back for the replay,,,,,,what a shitehole , ash terracing where you went in clean and came out black , rivers of pish running everywhere , bottle squadrons reigning down on your head ,,,,when a went back down the road nobody believed me :LOL:

Back up again for the Hibs finals one thing you knew when you watched a cup final ,you would get soaked or burnt with the sun but as long as we won you didn't care and an atmosphere that stayed with you for years

Last edited by a moderator:
My first games were all in England following west brom ,saw some great players at the time Charlton ,Best ,Osgood Lorimor,Bremner Clarke ,gallus charlie George , Asa Harford ,Latchfords debut , can mind them all

So you could imagine ma shock at my first Hampden final in 71 didn't get back for the replay,,,,,,what a shitehole , ash terracing where you went in clean and came out black , rivers of pish running everywhere , bottle squadrons reigning down on your head ,,,,when a went back down the road nobody believed me :LOL:

Back up again for the Hibs finals one thing you knew when you watched a cup final ,you would get soaked or burnt with the sun but as long as we won you didn't care and an atmosphere that stayed with you for years
Rivers of pish ah, I remember it well.:whistle:

Back