Celtic diary on E Tim’s today

Fellow fenians
Well worth a read today , excellent article about the snake bastard .

All our suspicions were tru 👍

A good read as ever. Not a lot of surprises regarding his personality in the Independent article but it shows he loves himself above everything else. He certainly improves players initially. His big issue will always be once he starts having to add his own players to the mix. It is certainly his blind spot. It will always leave him with a 2/3 year shelf life. A steep incline followed by an inevitable decline when he has to freshen the squad.

I can see him ending up at Man U, although don't know how the fans will react as he was at Liverpool, maybe Spurs, one thing is certain he will be plotting his next move right now.
I was initially pretty annoyed at the way he left and was vocal in my objection to NL's reappointment. However I can happily say I continue to eat humble pie on a weekly basis, and long may it continue too.
BR is an individual who is truly in love, with himself. I agree with what Niall J says above, a 2/3 year life span then people start to see beyond the spin and the BS recruitment is definitely his weakness, having said that we were in the doldrums before he came and it brought us a feelgood factor back, for a while, he left at the right time.

Reckon he'll get another big move in the not to distant future but will he learn from his mistakes ,doubt it!Im glad he left now because the football became boring to watch and some of our players looked uncomfortable with that out from the back shite.Think we've got the right man going forward now.

Excellent article as usual. It articulates better than I ever could exactly what I have been saying for years. He prepares his team thoroughly and is obviously a good coach (but not as brilliant as he thinks he is) who's positivity can boost the belief of selected individuals to over-perform.

Unfortunately he keeps using the same tricks on the same individuals to run them into the ground and they become fed up hearing the same empty promises after a couple of years. Also when it comes to spotting talent to fit into his "philosophy" he and his buddy Congerton are awful and make big mistakes in the transfer market.

Yet because of his ego he only ever takes the plaudits and never takes any responsibility for his errors or shortcomings. And he is always looking out for his next big move.

The upshot of this is that he can significantly improve an under-performing team in the short-term but after 2-3 years it starts to collapse and the club need to move on. But this is the nature of football these days where everything is short-term so he will always find someone willing to employ him. I can see him sneaking out the back door to Spurs or Man U before the end of the season!

Last edited:
From the article:

"I’ve reprinted that article becuase I think it should be used as the final word on the period where Celtic did well on the pitch, but we almost turned into a soulless EPL side, concerned only with money."

This outcome would have been tragic.

Great blog post. Thanks for the heads-up, Torrancetim, and thanks for the link, Niall J.

3-0 now for Brighton. Young Aaron Connolly a 19 yr old Irishman scores his 2nd, what a beauty it was too. Bye Bye poncho.
I can't see Poch surviving these humiliations. But he might still end up at Real Madrid or somewhere similar.

I had suggested Neal Maupay as a potential signing in the summer, but Brighton eventually snapped him up and he certainly is a decent player. Pity we missed him as he was affordable to us but sod it, we've got some amazing attackers at the moment!

I can't see Poch surviving these humiliations. But he might still end up at Real Madrid or somewhere similar.

I had suggested Neal Maupay as a potential signing in the summer, but Brighton eventually snapped him up and he certainly is a decent player. Pity we missed him as he was affordable to us but sod it, we've got some amazing attackers at the moment!
Kane will be offski, mega transfer deal.

I think we all in time will thank the snake in some ways, we were not in the place we should have been considering the death of the klan and the subsequent tribute act and he got us to a good place of that there is no doubt in his first season we were incredible and that has raised the standard, if you had been asked would you think that we would be treble treble champions 5 years ago you would have laughed, and said don’t be ridiculous , the snake got us there , well most of the way anyway and we cannot ignore that , but the signs were there tgt things were starting to go wrong and I for one am glad he has gone , Lenny has done a fantastic job since coming in , so goodbye snake , thanks for the memories

I think we all in time will thank the snake in some ways, we were not in the place we should have been considering the death of the klan and the subsequent tribute act and he got us to a good place of that there is no doubt in his first season we were incredible and that has raised the standard, if you had been asked would you think that we would be treble treble champions 5 years ago you would have laughed, and said don’t be ridiculous , the snake got us there , well most of the way anyway and we cannot ignore that , but the signs were there tgt things were starting to go wrong and I for one am glad he has gone , Lenny has done a fantastic job since coming in , so goodbye snake , thanks for the memories
I think it will take a long time for most to thank him and many will never. Personally I have moved on. Yes, he fooled me with the pish he spouted but some of the incredible football we enjoyed during the inVIncible season was breathtaking.

But it was short-term and was starting to crumble behind the scenes before he left but thankfully Lenny stopped it from descending into chaos and is now taking us onto new adventures as he continues to make history.

Back