Celtic, In my World of Wisdom

67ItHoL

Last week I wrote about how tired I was with the whole "Neil Lennon" thing and how I wished we would all stand back and just let Neil get on with things, I believed in my own little world of wisdom that now that the Champions League, the Europa League and the League Cup were all gone, we could safely concentrate on the Holy Grail of 10IAR and Neil would have the space and time to do likewise and deliver what we all truly cherish.

How wrong I was!

Fast forward Celtic -v- St Johnstone, Sunday 6th December 2020. 1st and foremost, team selection, Barkas OK, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but limited in our options, back three of Bitton, Julien & Ajer, OK on most days against Scottish opposition we'll be fine, Frimpong & Laxalt (Full Backs, Wing Backs, Wing Halfs, answers on a postcard please?), Christie, Brown, McGregor & Rogic, midfield, looks good on paper and again against Scottish opposition, we should be fine. Edouard up front on his own and again an in form (?) French Eddy will do the business.

So, when we look at the Team selection, it's not that bad, is it? However, take into account the "psychological" mindset (according to NFL) of our players and it's then that perhaps on paper, there's more cracks than were first appeared.

Barkas is questionable, Forster he is not, defence just need someone they can rely on, otherwise they can come good, Lustig & Tierney they are not, Midfield, left for Brown & McGregor to control as Rogic and Christie go for a walk, Edouard, plays the ball too close to opposition, ultimately losing duels time after time.

In my little world of wisdom, I would suggest, don't know what it takes, get Forster back, sort out our defence so there's a part for Shane Duffy (Irish Republican) to play for the Hoops in defence, Midfield, rest Callum McGregor, play Ismalia Soro, David Turnbull alongside Scott Brown, and up front drop Rogic to the bench and play Griff alongside Edouard, with Rogic coming on as a substitute for one of the Midfielders with 30 minutes to go.

It's as simple as that!!!

I wish it was.

Yes, last week I was tired, this week I am defeated, I so dearly wished NFL to succeed and indeed today's performance has left me deflated, devoid of rational, desperately seeking some words of support for NFL. I am truly tired and defeated, my hopes and dreams for my beloved Celtic and indeed NFL, have suddenly evaporated and sadly without change we will find ourselves back in 1965 when the late great Jimmy McGrory was clinging on to our destiny despite protests from Fans far and wide. Thankfully we solved that problem and although he was not appointed until March 1965, he led us to our 1st Scottish Cup Triumph in eleven years. No one thought changing the Manager at such a late stage in the season would ever bring rewards, it did and it brought us Jock (John) Stein.

Neil, I cannot in my mind's soul tell you to move on, make your own mind up but don't leave it too late, I was a young Bhoy in Hampden that day when King Billy McNeil scored the winner against Dunfermline, I cried, my Big Brother cried, my whole Family cried, that was what it was like to be a Celtic Fan, we were there and we were always there and we will always be there, God Bless NFL.

Last week I wrote about how tired I was with the whole "Neil Lennon" thing and how I wished we would all stand back and just let Neil get on with things, I believed in my own little world of wisdom that now that the Champions League, the Europa League and the League Cup were all gone, we could safely concentrate on the Holy Grail of 10IAR and Neil would have the space and time to do likewise and deliver what we all truly cherish.

How wrong I was!

Fast forward Celtic -v- St Johnstone, Sunday 6th December 2020. 1st and foremost, team selection, Barkas OK, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but limited in our options, back three of Bitton, Julien & Ajer, OK on most days against Scottish opposition we'll be fine, Frimpong & Laxalt (Full Backs, Wing Backs, Wing Halfs, answers on a postcard please?), Christie, Brown, McGregor & Rogic, midfield, looks good on paper and again against Scottish opposition, we should be fine. Edouard up front on his own and again an in form (?) French Eddy will do the business.

So, when we look at the Team selection, it's not that bad, is it? However, take into account the "psychological" mindset (according to NFL) of our players and it's then that perhaps on paper, there's more cracks than were first appeared.

Barkas is questionable, Forster he is not, defence just need someone they can rely on, otherwise they can come good, Lustig & Tierney they are not, Midfield, left for Brown & McGregor to control as Rogic and Christie go for a walk, Edouard, plays the ball too close to opposition, ultimately losing duels time after time.

In my little world of wisdom, I would suggest, don't know what it takes, get Forster back, sort out our defence so there's a part for Shane Duffy (Irish Republican) to play for the Hoops in defence, Midfield, rest Callum McGregor, play Ismalia Soro, David Turnbull alongside Scott Brown, and up front drop Rogic to the bench and play Griff alongside Edouard, with Rogic coming on as a substitute for one of the Midfielders with 30 minutes to go.

It's as simple as that!!!

I wish it was.

Yes, last week I was tired, this week I am defeated, I so dearly wished NFL to succeed and indeed today's performance has left me deflated, devoid of rational, desperately seeking some words of support for NFL. I am truly tired and defeated, my hopes and dreams for my beloved Celtic and indeed NFL, have suddenly evaporated and sadly without change we will find ourselves back in 1965 when the late great Jimmy McGrory was clinging on to our destiny despite protests from Fans far and wide. Thankfully we solved that problem and although he was not appointed until March 1965, he led us to our 1st Scottish Cup Triumph in eleven years. No one thought changing the Manager at such a late stage in the season would ever bring rewards, it did and it brought us Jock (John) Stein.

Neil, I cannot in my mind's soul tell you to move on, make your own mind up but don't leave it too late, I was a young Bhoy in Hampden that day when King Billy McNeil scored the winner against Dunfermline, I cried, my Big Brother cried, my whole Family cried, that was what it was like to be a Celtic Fan, we were there and we were always there and we will always be there, God Bless NFL.
its tragic

but he just cant or won't fix it

he still convinced its just luck deserted him

3 at back with no real width or spine

all playing in-between positions but never actually connecting the passes or any coherent plan

I think he an anarchist

he has no disciplined shape its all just too random

and instead of getting more disciplined its getting more disjointed

but its everybody else

its tragic

See at the end off the day lawwell Dermot and this team will move the board will change the manager and players will change,the only thing that will go on forever is the fans,we will be here forever no matter what happens to the club,a was talking to my son the night he is gutted as I am myself and a said to him remember when we were so bad and it got to the stage, when the only thing that obsessed was we've got to stop the ten ,to the turnaround off winning 12trophies in a row,we got through those dire 9 years watching they cunts win everything,the dread of every new season then was horrendous,it's bad just now but compared to then this is nothing to then, we will come good again like we always do,it's just a blip in our great history,but one thing for sure the fans will be here forever win lose or draw,cunts like the board won't be here forever just like passing ships in the night

See at the end off the day lawwell Dermot and this team will move the board will change the manager and players will change,the only thing that will go on forever is the fans,we will be here forever no matter what happens to the club,a was talking to my son the night he is gutted as I am myself and a said to him remember when we were so bad and it got to the stage, when the only thing that obsessed was we've got to stop the ten ,to the turnaround off winning 12trophies in a row,we got through those dire 9 years watching they cunts win everything,the dread of every new season then was horrendous,it's bad just now but compared to then this is nothing to then, we will come good again like we always do,it's just a blip in our great history,but one thing for sure the fans will be here forever win lose or draw,cunts like the board won't be here forever just like passing ships in the night
I think you’re right about the difference between then and now and that your long term is right as well mate. But in the here and now where we have a chance to create a record that will probably never be equalled again but is being pissed away by a bunch of sleazy cretins is a bitter pill to swallow.

I think you’re right about the difference between then and now and that your long term is right as well mate. But in the here and now where we have a chance to create a record that will probably never be equalled again but is being pissed away by a bunch of sleazy cretins is a bitter pill to swallow.
It's to late my friend even if we were to get a new manager in its to late we have let our chance off 10 slip from our grasp this bunch off players who have served us well and for what ever reason have downed tools,the board are giving Neil the chance to win the cup then he will go with his head held high,but for me if he loves the hoops as much as he says he should have resigned by now and admited he can't get anymore out this team for whatever reason they have slacked up on him he should have stepped aside for the good off the club but like the captain off a ship he is going down with it,and we are left with broken dreams of what should have been a nailed on 10,but at the end off the day the fans will be here forever and the ones who broke our dream will be forever known as the team that shat the 10

Members online

No members online now.

Back