Celtic pre season

Agree with his aboveness canny wait till this season gets underway preseason then the real thing it feels like months since big Tom and Nir left. And who knows we may sign some more new starts so COME on
You Bhoys in GREEN
Mon the Athenian Fenian
Mon the Hoops
💚🤍💛

HH 🍀

Tend to worry about these pre season matches and picking up unwanted injuries to players.
Still will be interesting to see how Ange actually goes about these pre season matches with still so many fringe players about with very little chance of actually being used within the squad for the coming season.
So could Ange still use them, to let others know they still exist?
For us it will be a chance to see if big Ben is a safer option than big Joe with the ball at his feet?
Could Murray and lawal show enough to warrant a place within the squad?
Be interesting to see if kewell has able to have any impact on our style of play.
Nothing matches as such but hopefully will get some answers to a few lingering questions still within the squad but far less than we have ever had to endure for many a long year now

I see Starfelt unlikely to feature in pre season games as still recovering from injury.
Both Juranovic and Abada have minor injuries so would explain why we haven't seen much of them in training so far.
Hopefully all recover quickly.
With the current depth within the squad M7 it's not to much to worry about at this stage, as long as they aren't long term issues.
Presents opportunities for others especially Welsh and lawel in starfelt position and a great shame that Murray seems unavailable for the tour also.
Wasn't totally convinced upon Welsh playing the position last season, and will be interesting to see if lawel is potentially ready for the step up with better quality teams from now on.
Opportunities like these for the younger players don't come around easily, so hopefully for both of them they can take there chance given or could well be another venture into the transfer market yet.

Agreed John would have liked to have seen Murray join the group.... have high hopes for him. Welsh unsure of and not convinced we have any real commitment from Jullien at this stage.
Good to see Lawal put in a good shift but can't help think central defence is not properly covered with the quality for what lies ahead even when Starfelt returns.

Agreed John would have liked to have seen Murray join the group.... have high hopes for him. Welsh unsure of and not convinced we have any real commitment from Jullien at this stage.
Good to see Lawal put in a good shift but can't help think central defence is not properly covered with the quality for what lies ahead even when Starfelt returns.
As thing's stand mag 7 we still haven't got anyone to warrant breaking the CCV and starfelt partnership imo, and also a partnership along with the keeper that many a manager don't change to often unless a situation arises and the change is forced upon them.
So usually you can be looking for players who can be prepared to play a back up role and being content in doing so, not an easy task for any manager when money isn't as readily available as it is within the more cash rich clubs.
Jules I would still say is still trying to work his ticket out of the club, especially with him possibly looking for the last big contact he is possibly looking for still.
Still think that there is enough cover in the CB positions still for SPFL football for the season ahead, yet a potential big concern for european football imo.
Still don't believe that the CB roles are resolved as of yet, and should still be interesting to see how it will all unfold still

I’m thinking ahead to our first game v the sheep.

This will be a real test as Goodwin will park the bus as he did at St Mirren.....how we go about breaking them down will need to be creative.....how the MIB go about their business in this game will be indicative of what we can expect from them this season (I know, I know)

Like the big man said. Let’s do it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football.

I’m thinking ahead to our first game v the sheep.

This will be a real test as Goodwin will park the bus as he did at St Mirren.....how we go about breaking them down will need to be creative.....how the MIB go about their business in this game will be indicative of what we can expect from them this season (I know, I know)

Like the big man said. Let’s do it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football.
I'm actually expecting the sheep to have a very big season next season imo.
Goodwin likes to make his teams hard to beat, but can also be very organised and pose a threat also.
Will be a great test first up for us, and wouldn't be surprised either for the sheep to potentially become our biggest challengers for the league title also, which no team will stop either

Members online

Latest posts

Back