Celtic v Aberdeen, Celtic Park Sunday 12th Nov, 2.30pm kick off

Gary67

Live on Sky part of a double header of SPFL football with Davie Martindale sending the team he manages out to lose to the team he supports on before us at 12.
Another tough one, Aberdeen set up and play very similar to St Mirren, 541. There football is eye bleeding but very affective as they showed in their European game tonight where they got a 2-2 draw in Greece.
Watching them we need to get wide and behind them, they congest the middle. Not a game for Maeda as they sit so deep there's no space to run into. Start with Yang & Palma on the wings. Would also play Scales at LB and give Taylor a break.

Hart
AJ CCV Nawrocki Scales
O'Riley McGregor Turnbull
Yang Kyogo Palma
Subs Bain Ralston Taylor Holm Bernardo Iwata Oh Forrest Maeda

Hopefully their game in Greece will have taken a bit out of them and we go out there angry after Tuesday and hit them hard and early.

3-1

Right, calmed down from the other night... looking forward to playing the battle weary sheep on Sunday who had a great result last night..I expect a few changes to the team but not many

Hart
Johnston ccv lagerfeld scales
O Reilly Callum Turnbull
Johnston oh Yang

5-1

Btw, we can still qualify for the Champions league next round 😂😂...as mental as that sounds...but not too mental

It will be tough, and it is now an even more crucial match, than before. We need to send out a statement to all others, that we are not for the taking. Aberdeen will be on a high after two very good results. Fair play to them and they will make us work very hard for a win. Any win, any way, will do for me. On another note, for me, there is no way Maeda should start this match.

Last edited:
Three key injuries in Abada Hatate and now Maeda.
That is some amount of energy and team contribution we are missing up until potentially xmas.
Been a shit week and the board are feeding the Smsm narritive some more with the let's make another Green Brigade statement to continue the negative vibes on our club.

Get this shit sorted out pronto....we have a league to win and we don't need this as the team are gonna need all our support with the limited resources.

Jamsey may well come in but he'll not last the 90 so lets see what BR comes up with.
Big game this..... need full effort to concentrate on getting the 3 points anyway we can.

That is some amount of energy and team contribution we are missing up until potentially xmas.
Been a shit week and the board are feeding the Smsm narritive some more with the let's make another Green Brigade statement to continue the negative vibes on our club.

Get this shit sorted out pronto....we have a league to win and we don't need this as the team are gonna need all our support with the limited resources.

Jamsey may well come in but he'll not last the 90 so lets see what BR comes up with.
Big game this..... need full effort to concentrate on getting the 3 points anyway we can.

We have a massive squad..it's time for the squad guys to show that they want it!
Johnston, Yang, Vata, Oh, Turnbull, Iwata, holm, Forrest, Kwon, tilio

Now is the time for any one or more of them to step up and show that they are worthy of a spot in the team...they will never get a better chance with 3 of our better/key players sitting it out

This might be a good opportunity for 3-5-2

We have a massive squad..it's time for the squad guys to show that they want it!
Johnston, Yang, Vata, Oh, Turnbull, Iwata, holm, Forrest, Kwon, tilio

Now is the time for any one or more of them to step up and show that they are worthy of a spot in the team...they will never get a better chance with 3 of our better/key players sitting it out
The quantity is there Docco not sure the quality is in any way adequate though
They will get my support and I hope they step up and make a positive contribution .

Big Joe.

AJ CCV Scales Taylor.

Calmac O'Riely Bernardo.

Palma Kyogo Yang.

I think our whistling coach confuses the sheep so....

4 nuffin.... Kyogo Palma Oh Scales.

Bet of the day, Celtic to win by more than 2 and Liam Scales to score at anytime.(unless VAR steal another one off of him)

Remember to bet responsibly 😂.

Dont think Jamsie has got it in him to last the distance (sorry Sandman). And is fast becoming our super sub, so I expect to see him Oh and Holm get a good run for most of the second half, Turnbull and Mikey/Tilo to make wee late cameos.

I'm still to be convinced in any shape or form that Bernardo has very much to offer.
He is probably a more physical option than Turnbull or Holm but he just doesn't do it for me.
I like the look of Holm who sees a move a pass and has plenty in him but maybe a bit lighweight.
Turnbull of course has goals in him no matter his overall slower contribution and ive no clue why Iwata doesn't seem to fit in to BR thoughts.
I think Turnbull will get the nod in midfield along with Jamsey up front as starters.
Although Kyogo can also go wide with Oh through the middle if needs must later on in the game and you might just see Mikey Johnston if Palma tires.

it will be interesting to see which Aberdeen show up on Sunday. They have been very hit or miss so far this season but Barry will have his side fired up for this trip to Paradise.

This is how I expect Brendan to line up, rather than the side I'd pick:

Hart
AJ...CCV...Scales...Taylor
O'Riley...CalMac...Bernardo
Forrest...Kyogo...Palma
I hope Oh, Yang, Iwata & Holm get decent run outs. I'd love Vata to be on the bench, but that won't happen now.

Forrrst to make an assist to keep that incredible run of a goal & assist in successive seasons. Mikey J may score too (against potential future employers???). I always think Scales has a goal in him too.

A 2 goal victory. We will score early then be frustrated for a long period. Watch out for Miovski who.is a big goal threat, and please defend better at set pieces!

Let's hope afterwards we are not discussing the useless Wullie Gollum's refereeing or the biased Cheatin' Beaton on his dodgy VAR decisions, but we all know exactly what they are and how they ruin matches.

BTW, Aberdeen fans view Gollum as an uber-Tim who favours Celtic in the same way as we know Dickinson, Beaton, Muir, Madden, Dallas, etc, are all staunch brethern loyal to sevco!!!

I'm still to be convinced in any shape or form that Bernardo has very much to offer.
He is probably a more physical option than Turnbull or Holm but he just doesn't do it for me.
I like the look of Holm who sees a move a pass and has plenty in him but maybe a bit lighweight.
Turnbull of course has goals in him no matter his overall slower contribution and ive no clue why Iwata doesn't seem to fit in to BR thoughts.
I think Turnbull will get the nod in midfield along with Jamsey up front as starters.
Although Kyogo can also go wide with Oh through the middle if needs must later on in the game and you might just see Mikey Johnston if Palma tires.
Agreed on Bernado, headless chicken the other night (but he wasn't alone).
We're a third into the season and BR has yet to find his best midfield and defence, OK injuries haven't helped but thats why we have a squad to cover those incidents.
Same goes for resting players before CL games.
Calmac in particular looks close to burning out already, he doesn't get an International break either.

Agreed on Bernado, headless chicken the other night (but he wasn't alone).
We're a third into the season and BR has yet to find his best midfield and defence, OK injuries haven't helped but thats why we have a squad to cover those incidents.
Same goes for resting players before CL games.
Calmac in particular looks close to burning out already, he doesn't get an International break either.
Fair point re Calmac and we eventually lost him to injury for that very reason last season.
Would be a bit of a disaster if that happens again anytime soon ....maybe even last 15 mins of games Iwata gets the nod as a starting point.

Latest posts

Back