Celtic v AC Milan - Match Thead, all comments here

To be fair to Frimpong, Slippy saw his threat and put people in his way. What was needed was the midfield to create space and drag the cover on Frimpong away. As we know, the midfield could have spent the game in the canteen queuing up for a pie and bovril for all they contributed. What fucked up Frimpong was Lenny and his failure to see that and change it. He used five subs, ffs if that wasn't an admission his initial selection was an utter failure, then I don't know what would. We were set up to fail, and we did.
Firstly I agree fully with your comments re the midfield.
However by the second half Frimpong could barely complete a 10 yard pass, was completely overpowered by their full back and simply became a passenger ( along with about 9 others to be honest)
Don't get me wrong I like him and think he could have a big future but he probably needs a bit of Klimala bulking to be more physically competitive.
Anyway trying to get positive about tonight and at least looking forward to watching with my son
HH

Lenny said he was going through tests to see if he can be involved at the weekend but maybe this is the first move in "find the leak" 😎
These Covid-positive players are not going to be rushed back according to Lenny. Here is him clarifying Eddy's situation and the others:

“He’s doing various fitness tests, particularly on his heart rate levels, before we can even consider him returning to training. At the minute he’s working up until he reaches about 70-80 percent of his maximum heart rate.

“We’ll look to build on that over the next couple of days. He won’t be available for the Milan game but there is a possibility he may be okay for the Aberdeen game at the weekend.”

"I’m not going to rush anyone back. This is a disease and we don’t know what the after-effects can be from one individual to the next. Yes, players are fit and healthy young men but it can affect in many different ways.

“We are taking the utmost care and giving the utmost attention to each and every one of them. I spoke to Nir when he was isolating and he was pretty floored and had lost his sense of taste and smell.

“He was in today, and had a bit of testing and a walk around the grounds just to get some fresh air, but again we will have to assess him as we go along. They are human beings at the end of the day. They are open to illness.

“This virus has damaged the world, not just in football or in Scotland. It really comes close to home when you have a couple of players that you care for and are suffering like that.

“It was great to see him back. Hopefully we will get him back into the routine of things but again I’m not going to gamble with anything. We are just going to make sure everything’s right before we do.”

I'm working tonight when I could have took the night aff. That's how bad Saturday s shitshow was and how confident I am for tonight. Hh

Firstly I agree fully with your comments re the midfield.
However by the second half Frimpong could barely complete a 10 yard pass, was completely overpowered by their full back and simply became a passenger ( along with about 9 others to be honest)
Don't get me wrong I like him and think he could have a big future but he probably needs a bit of Klimala bulking to be more physically competitive.
Anyway trying to get positive about tonight and at least looking forward to watching with my son
HH
I watched an interview with Frimpong after a game recently and thought I noticed an edge... Is he beginning to believe his own hype. Touch of arrogance is maybe a bit too much but definitely an edge

Last edited:
In other news, and hopefully a good omen, I made a pot of homemade Italian minestrone soup the other day, and I smashed it. Fucking delicious, so, if we win its down to the soup and if we get handed our arse, its retribution for making their soup. I hope its the former. But, the soup? I should sell it and put they tory bastards, the Baxter's, out of business.

In other news, and hopefully a good omen, I made a pot of homemade Italian minestrone soup the other day, and I smashed it. Fucking delicious, so, if we win its down to the soup and if we get handed our arse, its retribution for making their soup. I hope its the former. But, the soup? I should sell it and put they tory bastards, the Baxter's, out of business.
Do you do home delivery🤔

Back