Celtic v....erm..haud oan..naw, the team fae Iceland (KR Reykjavik)

I want to see Ntcham starting more Winter because the guy is a class act, intelligent and technically he's top drawer. His vision and pin point passing means he's capable of carving teams wide open and turning a game on it's head with a single devastating swing of his boot.

Ntcham has always belonged in that starting 11 but the problem has been finding a system where we can use him without sacrificing in other areas. We sacrifice Broony then we lose the one bit of bite we have in the team, the one player who can mix it and unsettle the opposition. We sacrifice CalMac then we lose his intelligence, the thing that makes us tick and links up our attacking play. If we sacrifice Christie then we lose that direct triple threat he offers on both the left of midfield, cutting in behind the striker and being a constant worry for the opposition in and around the 18 yard box.

It's about fitting Ntcham in there without losing any of that and I'm going to post something later I think may just do that. Would be great to see what the Noise think of it and if it's workable.

Like you say what else can you say about Eddy, ran out of superlatives for the guy. His footwork for that goal last night was just ridiculous! Aye the Icelanders were maybe wary about sticking a boot in and giving away a penalty or maybe they were just hypnotised by Eddy's close control and the speed he switched the ball from right foot to left foot as he danced his way past them. Our Eddy is an insanely talented player.

I know the Icelanders were a limited side but last night gave the bhoys that much needed game time after the Boli fiasco seen our games postponed and as far as I'm concerned pretty much told Lenny in no uncertain terms who his back 4 should be.

HH mate (y)
It's a good problem to have no doubts , Ntcham , Christie or Rogic? Others would love a problem like that. I'm also of the belief that Ntcham is worth more than the £20 million that's being banded about on various rags. How do we justify more than that when he cant hold down a starting place? Maybe by pointing out the fact that the players hes trying to displace are all top quality internationals? Whilst as yet he isnt though I believe that will soon change. Makes you wonder who is our most likely expensive to buy of the 3? Probably Ntcham imo. How long will a player of that quality be prepared to play 2nd fiddle or musical chairs with the other 2? Then theres soro. When I consider these things it seems likely that we'll cash in on Ntcham unfortunately in my book. As hes the type of player who can go to another level , not that the others cant but I'll stick my neck out and say I'd rather keep ntcham and sell rogic , too injury prone despite his brilliance when fit. HH

Back