Celtic v....erm..haud oan..naw, the team fae Iceland (KR Reykjavik)

Not much to take from this game other than Helsinki were shite and we are a machine...the core group of players have been together for a long time and we are a settled unit...not convinced about the keeper yet as he had a couple of fumbles but he's not really been tested yet...we need a left back and a right sided midfielder/winger for cover ...other than that, we look ready

Forza Celtic, Mon the 10

Last edited:
Good solid performance albeit against a limited side but ye can only beat whit's in front of you so (y)

Think we've got to stick with that back 4, only tested a couple of times but when they were they just looked like a more solid unit. Elhamed and Bitton's awareness, positioning and calm heads give it a far better balance than you get with Frimpong and Ajer in there.

Elhamed balances his defensive and attacking play brilliantly meaning Jullien isn't being dragged out of position to add cover at RB while he still manages to give you that attacking threat down the right, in fact for all of Frimpongs menacing play I'd argue Elhamed's style leaves us less exposed and is more productive. Would like to see what Elhamed and Frimpong could do with Frimpong playing in front of Elhamed on the RW.

Bitton alongside Jullien seems to put Jullien more at ease, he looks far more comfortable than he does with Ajer. I think Bitton's positioning and awareness means Jullien can concentrate on his own job without always having to look over his shoulder wondering if his CB partner is alert to situations and taking up the positions he should be. It also gives Taylor that extra bit of freedom to play further forward more without him being too nervous about what's going on behind him. For me Elhamed and Bitton just settle everything down at the back and remove that nervousness which too often ends up leading to panic.

Ely finally turned up tonight. Didn't get everything right but he worked his arse off, made some nice passes and runs, had some good link up play and bagged 2 goals. Not a bad night out for the bhoy! Also thought Ntcham looked on it when he came on, his passing was top notch and as much as I like Christie Ntcham maybe deserves a run in the team ahead of RC right now.

Or ma grandson ....(y) I've been over to Portugal a few times now Docco....To Ria formosa at the Algarve....love it for wildlfie photography.....When driving aboot that area it seems like its dominated by WASP KAMS ......Whats aw that aboot

Beautiful area there , we are as far west along the coast from there as you can go.. no idea what a wasp Kam is though...some random Hun graffiti artist maybe? 😬

as much as I like Christie Ntcham maybe deserves a run in the team ahead of RC right now.
Good post all of it shadow2 , this snippet I pulled cos I said the same a wee while ago, ntcham is really flying right now and the fact that we are playing him gives me hope hes here for the 10. Odsonne Edouard!!! What can you say positively about him that hasnt already? Hes simply incredible. KR Reykjavik were disappointing even for them. They showed us so much respect it was a little embarrassing, cringeworthy even , not 1 of 5 defenders that eddy cruised past for his goal , wanted to touch him, case they gave away a pen, instead eddy goes past half the outfield players and then beats the keeper, fantastic goal, not getting carried away though the last time we won as highly v Hamilton we drew next time out. We dont belong in this round it's a joke we have to play these ties but on the positive note, we need a couple of games to be fully fit. Good confidence booster for everyone but back to the bread and butter where teams wont show such respect and get stuck in. All in all though a good European victory HH

Last edited:
what Celtic done last night was plainly obvious, more focus on getting the ball quicker into the box for the forwards to attack, against Hamilton we played to many passes outside the box and let them defend as a group, last night was a good opportunity to improve on this and we done it well, yes the opposition was poor but passing and crosses into players was much better and gave us much needed game time and we will improve from this, looking forward to the next match with the emphasis again on getting balls quicker into the box. elhamid for me is the better right back with his strength and deliveries but with him and pingpong we have great cover on the right side.

Good post all of it shadow2 , this snippet I pulled cos I said the same a wee while ago, ntcham is really flying right now and the fact that we are playing him gives me hope hes here for the 10. Odsonne Edouard!!! What can you say positively about him that hasnt already? Hes simply incredible. KR Reykjavik were disappointing even for them. They showed us so much respect it was a little embarrassing, cringeworthy even , not 1 of 5 defenders that eddy cruised past for his goal , wanted to touch him, case they gave away a pen, instead eddy goes past half the outfield players and then beats the keeper, fantastic goal, not getting carried away though the last time we won as highly v Hamilton we drew next time out. We dont belong in this round it's a joke we have to play these ties but on the positive note, we need a couple of games to be fully fit. Good confidence booster for everyone but back to the bread and butter where teams wont show such respect and get stuck in. All in all though a good European victory HH

I want to see Ntcham starting more Winter because the guy is a class act, intelligent and technically he's top drawer. His vision and pin point passing means he's capable of carving teams wide open and turning a game on it's head with a single devastating swing of his boot.

Ntcham has always belonged in that starting 11 but the problem has been finding a system where we can use him without sacrificing in other areas. We sacrifice Broony then we lose the one bit of bite we have in the team, the one player who can mix it and unsettle the opposition. We sacrifice CalMac then we lose his intelligence, the thing that makes us tick and links up our attacking play. If we sacrifice Christie then we lose that direct triple threat he offers on both the left of midfield, cutting in behind the striker and being a constant worry for the opposition in and around the 18 yard box.

It's about fitting Ntcham in there without losing any of that and I'm going to post something later I think may just do that. Would be great to see what the Noise think of it and if it's workable.

Like you say what else can you say about Eddy, ran out of superlatives for the guy. His footwork for that goal last night was just ridiculous! Aye the Icelanders were maybe wary about sticking a boot in and giving away a penalty or maybe they were just hypnotised by Eddy's close control and the speed he switched the ball from right foot to left foot as he danced his way past them. Our Eddy is an insanely talented player.

I know the Icelanders were a limited side but last night gave the bhoys that much needed game time after the Boli fiasco seen our games postponed and as far as I'm concerned pretty much told Lenny in no uncertain terms who his back 4 should be.

HH mate (y)

Back