Celtic v Kilmarnock - Saturday 7th Jan, 3pm Celtic Park

Tomorrow the first of a double header against Killie.
Taylor has hamstring injury and will be out for a couple of weeks (so probably won't see him again until March given usual accuracy of injury updates), Ralston and Haksabanovic still out.

Hart
Johnston CCV Starfelt Bernabei
Mooy McGregor Hatate
Abada Kyogo Jota
Subs Siegrist Jenz Kobayashi Turnbull O'Reilly Maeda Vata Forrest Giakoumakis

If Ange chooses to rest Kyogo who has played all 5 games since restart then maybe give Maeda a run out as striker given his current form.

Last edited:
Swap Kobayashi and Starfelt and you've got my selection.

Although taxi drivers rumour of the week have Hatate at left back with O'Riely in and Bernabei on the bench. Toot Toot.
Hatate at left back is probably more of an option for Hampden next week, give Bernabei a run out tomorrow at LB and keep Hatate in midfield.
Hatate played half a (title winning) season at LB in the J League before he signed for us. Give O'Reilly a rest tomorrow, bring him back next week.
Kobayashi, and Iwata if he's fit and ready, can get their debuts v Morton in the cup on the 21st (along with Cho🤞)

Last edited:
Swap Kobayashi and Starfelt and you've got my selection.

Although taxi drivers rumour of the week have Hatate at left back with O'Riely in and Bernabei on the bench. Toot Toot.
Bernabei has mostly played well when given the chance and a home game against MacInnes's Kilmarnock surely suits his attacking style perfectly?

I love O'Riley and believe he will become a star but I think he would benefit by dropping to the bench as an impact sub for a few weeks. Mooy should be starting on current form but I think him & CalMac need Hatate's workrate alongside them. Matt can come on after an hour for either of the 3 midfielders.

Members online

Latest posts

Back