Celtic v Livingston. Celtic Park. 10/09/22. Kick off: 3:00pm BST

I think there will be a wee shake up, but nothing too drastic.

Hart
Ralston Carter-Vickers Jenz Bernabei
Turnbull MacGregor Hatate
Jota Giakoumakis Haksabanovic​

I think he might give the full backs a rotation to keep them fresh, but I suspect he will stick with Taylor.

Personally I'd consider resting CalMac and starting Mooy but I doubt that will happen. I'm giving O'Riley and Abada a breather too but they would come on as subs. Kyogo can come on if needed, but I'd prefer not to as the Livi defenders will be pulling and pushing him and I'm not convinced his shoulder is quite ready for that kind of wrestling match just yet.

This is the sort of physical battle Abildgaard should thrive on but it is far too early for him. I think it will be after the international break before he is fit enough for anything beyond a short cameo run out.

I think there will be a wee shake up, but nothing too drastic.

Hart
Ralston Carter-Vickers Jenz Bernabei
Turnbull MacGregor Hatate
Jota Giakoumakis Haksabanovic​

I think he might give the full backs a rotation to keep them fresh, but I suspect he will stick with Taylor.

Personally I'd consider resting CalMac and starting Mooy but I doubt that will happen. I'm giving O'Riley and Abada a breather too but they would come on as subs. Kyogo can come on if needed, but I'd prefer not to as the Livi defenders will be pulling and pushing him and I'm not convinced his shoulder is quite ready for that kind of wrestling match just yet.

This is the sort of physical battle Abildgaard should thrive on but it is far too early for him. I think it will be after the international break before he is fit enough for anything beyond a short cameo run out.
Good shout BB. My own feeling is that we are about see the squad used more extensively; rotation will feature more now the games are coming thick and fast . We have a decent sized squad for a reason. I think our recent trip to Dingwall showed Ange has trust in our players. We all know how difficult Livingston can be; their game plan never changes. IF things are a wee bit tight we can make changes from the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing our squad fully utilised.

Other than maybe Ralston for Juranovic the back 5 will probably stay the same. CCV/Jenz partnership needs gametime together and Bernabei doesn't look ready yet to replace Taylor.
Can see O'Riley and Hatate rested and replaced by Mooy and Turnbull. McGregor is a machine and will always play if fit, though he could play a bit further forward if Mooy plays (think I read Abildgaard won't be ready until post international break, if possible would like to see him on the bench).
Up front I think we'll change the wide men, Maeda and Haksabanovic for Abada and Jota, with Giakoumakis up front. Kyogo will be saved for Wednesday.

Hart
Ralston CCV Jenz Taylor
Turnbull Mooy McGregor
Maeda Giakoumakis Haksabanovic

Bench - Siegrist, Juranovic, Welsh, Hatate, O'Riley, Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Forrest

Not a bad 5 to bring on for last half hour if required

Could make a claim that the game against Livi is bigger than next Wednesday on the grander scale of things but at this stage of the season would be a nonsense claim with the position within the league as it stands imo.
With that in mind I can see Ange making wholesale changes to the starting line up, especially after a week where mental fatigue could play a much bigger part than physical fatigue which I wouldn't say would be to much of a factor, even if it might impact upon Ange team selection also.
Our current squad I believe has been assembled with such a demanding fixture programme in mind and time is now for that to be really put to the test.
Hoping Welsh is available and fit enough to be considered for this match but think it could be very risky in doing so with starfelt injured for the next few weeks.
Be surprised if Ralston and Alex along with Mooy, turnbull, hako weren't to make the starting line up also imo.
Hopefully, kyogo, jota, Abada meada and O'Reilly aren't required and calmac can be relieved of his duties early with being able to get the game won early, yet got plenty of back up still should the match not pan out to our liking still with the Livi anti football approach to be expected as per usual against us imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back