Celtic v Motherwell Sat 22/04/23

Can't win em all...

The result is shit…but I’m not even arsed about that…the leagues won. It was the performance. It was carried on from the 2nd half of Killie game and it needs to fuck off before next Sunday.
O’Riley was shite today. Haksa has had 2 matches to show something and he’s failed so far.
I understand we need to keep the ball moving to open up packed defences but what good is O’Riley, Haksa and Iwata passing the ball in little triangles a yard away from each other. Needed to be braver…..and someone has to just shoot sometimes.

Well that was a stupid 2 dropped points. The second half was terrible by the Hoops. They all need a rocket up their arses for not turning up.

Vata is the only player to get pass marks after that 2nd half.

Motherwell started brightly then descended into cynical anti-football which is a shame as they have better players than that. But we were far too sloppy today with some performances that were not good enough, but we move on and must do better next week.

As fans we have been spoilt by this team so have to suck it up. COYBIG!

The result is shit…but I’m not even arsed about that…the leagues won. It was the performance. It was carried on from the 2nd half of Killie game and it needs to fuck off before next Sunday.
O’Riley was shite today. Haksa has had 2 matches to show something and he’s failed so far.
I understand we need to keep the ball moving to open up packed defences but what good is O’Riley, Haksa and Iwata passing the ball in little triangles a yard away from each other. Needed to be braver…..and someone has to just shoot sometimes.

Sorry but I can't get onboard there...maybe it's a case of our standards being so high that we expect 3 goals every week and rings being run round the opposition....the triangles and bravery you mentioned are a feature of our game every week...I think we can afford them an off day against an opponent who played out their skin? No?

Sorry but I can't get onboard there...maybe it's a case of our standards being so high that we expect 3 goals every week and rings being run round the opposition....the triangles and bravery you mentioned are a feature of our game every week...I think we can afford them an off day against an opponent who played out their skin? No?
No. I don't expect us to ever drop points, particularly on our own ground with the squad we have. The players disappeared after half time last week and didn't reappear for this week. It's bad enough to not win but to fail to win meekly is much worse.

Not a good performance today. I know motherwell will be delighted with thier point but some of the acting was sickening. I'd rather drop them 2 points now than if it was neck and neck at the top but we've won this league. So I won't be to disappointed these players have been excellent all season for us sometimes a kick in the arse helps.

No. They are professional football players…they can have a day off when the seasons done. The triangles only work if someone then makes a move or beats someone….that’s where the bravery comes in. We do it every match, so we know what the bhoys are capable of. Today we didn’t. I’m happy for you mate, that you can watch a performance like that and then shrug and say “aw well, never mind” but I can’t. I want to see us play how we know they can every week and when we don’t, I’m disappointed. I’m not going to burn my Celtic tops and demand sackings but I am disappointed. Fingers crossed we snap out of it for next week though. That’s us had a shit match and a half so hopefully it’s out the way now.

Oh, and I’m also aware that we will lose matches and draw matches in a season…and that our standards will slip now and again…but I also know we have a magical team…so I’m fully aware that my emotions will be all over the place in a football season…and I’m fine with that. The joy of being a football fan.

Back