Celtic v Rosenborg, Thursday 8pm - Pre Match Thread

Great to win. We played well in spells and should have scored more. I think we need to work out how to get Sinclair running at people again. He has the surge we lack and should be causing every wing back in Scotland nightmares.

I thought he was one of our more dangerous players in the first half... he's been wasteful in the second.

Still, there's nothing like a "Cessnock Underground at 5pm on an odd Saturday afternoon" reply to a Bhoy's opinion.
You replied to me first. I answered! Simple!

Don't understand Brendan's reluctance to start with Griffiths. We are struggling to score goals and have a 40 goals a year striker on the bench.
Plus points, thought Benkovic looked solid and young Mikey was lively when he came on.

I liked that the new CB missed out Boyata and went straight to Lustig. We have been needing this for a while. I hate when we shuffle the ball from LB to CB to CB to RB and back.

Difficult watch.....I only saw the 2nd half, which apparently was better than the first?Something needs to change, a spark from somewhere or it's going to be a long hard season. Not just tonight but yer French Fellas both look like their hearts are in Lyon n aw. We can point and laugh but the scum had a good result tonight, they are getting better every week you'd be mad to think they urnae

I liked that the new CB missed out Boyata and went straight to Lustig. We have been needing this for a while. I hate when we shuffle the ball from LB to CB to CB to RB and back.

Yep! Was less frustrating than normal.

Stopped watching at 67th min. Wasn't allowed to give Sinclair any more abuse and he hadn't been on long! He's pathetic, in my humble opinion. Listened to commentary in front room.

That was worse!

Rogic/NCham/McGregor/Edourde were pitiful.

Rogic/Sinclair - better off with 10 men.

Something seriously wrong within the whole setup at present. Is it boredom? Not sure but Brendan has a massive job on his hands to lift this squad into a title winning team, let alone go far in EL.

The scum were shit and Villareal no being able to put the ball in the net saved them a beating. Mind you they scored 2 goals and I would give up 1 of my lungs to see us score 2 goals against anycunt at the moment. We don't look capable

Don't understand Brendan's reluctance to start with Griffiths. We are struggling to score goals and have a 40 goals a year striker on the bench.
Plus points, thought Benkovic looked solid and young Mikey was lively when he came on.
All managers are the same in that they'll play their own signings before anyone else just to show some belief in them. HH

And I swear to god!!!! I will run from Guildford to Glasgow bollock naked, painted green singing a soldiers song if we score from a corner!!!! I mean c'mon to fuck. How can we be sooo bad at corners. I don't get it!!!!

I understand your frustration, but to be fair, corner kicks are probably the most statistically overrated situation in football. Teams typically score in around 2% of the corners they get. We have way more pressing problems than that.

Poor in the final third again - solid at the back other than boyatas slip in the first half but he had a few good interceptions, Benkovic and kt also strong. Lustig offers nothing going forward and it’s making us really unbalanced - on the right - boyata and Ntcham both gestured at him 2nd half

Ntcham and McGregor poor passing...Rogic a few drives fwd but it’s all just not clicking at all. Was marginal better than the st Mirren game but only cos Rosenborg gave us a tiny bit more space...we still weren’t doing much with it

Difficult to watch at times but on the plus side that’s five clean sheets on the bounce . Benkovic looked solid along side Boyata KT was excellent big Gordon didn’t really make a save . Poor in the final third just a confidence thing as BR says the goals will come .
We have a lot of games coming up in a short space of time and sterner tests ahead BR has to maximise squad give Arzani , Morgan , Malumbu Christie etc a chance . Griff got to start at Rugby Park surely .

Sitting with a big glass of red right now and by god I need it, that was hard work.
Apart from the last 5 minutes of the first half and the last 10 minutes of the 2nd we were poor, the opposition allowed us to knock the ball about in our own half, which we are becoming good at but when wee eventually reach the last 3rd wee run out of idea's.
Wee lack a creative midfield player, someone who can see and execute a defence splitting pass a la wee Paddy Roberts.
The amount of times KT sent in a good cross and there was no one in or around the six yard box was criminal.
I am not going to criticise any of our players, but if our creative players don't step up very soon wee are going to struggle against any team that has an orginised defence.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back