Celtic v St Johnstone match thread

I've mentioned it on the Rogers thread but I'll mention it on here.
It's history repeating its self for Lennon

Bolton
Run of crap results fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, sacked.

Hibs
Crap result fell out with the players, refused to accept it was his fault, left by mutual consent.

He will have to be dragged out of the door
Yup.
Are you wanting him to do the cheap option

the quitters option?
Lawell does.

why do you think that?
It’s not that I think Lawell actually wants Lenny to quit. I think he is clueless as to who his replacement would be. Hence the ‘support’ for Lenny. They are playing for time. Of course if Neil quits then Lawell will not have to pony up a penny, would have to fund a new management team (if he can get a suitable one) and will not be totally responsible if said team doesn’t cut it (Lenny quit I had to do something quickly).
In my opinion he is a bigger rat than BR. Just look at Neil. He looks hagard, not in a good place mentally or physically and Lawell is patting him on the back and saying just carry on as usual son.

It’s not that I think Lawell actually wants Lenny to quit. I think he is clueless as to who his replacement would be. Hence the ‘support’ for Lenny. They are playing for time. Of course if Neil quits then Lawell will not have to pony up a penny, would have to fund a new management team (if he can get a suitable one) and will not be totally responsible if said team doesn’t cut it (Lenny quit I had to do something quickly).
In my opinion he is a bigger rat than BR. Just look at Neil. He looks hagard, not in a good place mentally or physically and Lawell is patting him on the back and saying just carry on as usual son.
I no sure we have any interim manager, which is bad in itself

But I cant see anybody touching it without a warchest and clean new backroom team

and the kind of dude who would be available and capable of doing better than current spfl champion manager with good rapport with fans and still getting bricks chucked at him

I hope they have a big pile of cash available

but I dont think they do

and I suspect they are all standing down at agm

coz the risks have outgrown the income return

and if im really honest I think the riskier model is certain death for club. because it cant be sustained in current market conditions and fans think they are cheating them

Sunday we all knew it would end badly. Lenny wee picking the same players who aren't giving a fuck. When Turnbull came on we looked better. Him and Soro need to be given a chance, let's face it how could they be worse than the shite being served up every game we play?

To me that's shows a glaring lack of understanding and ability. It's as if he makes decisions that we all know will end in tears. He needed to make changes 8 weeks ago at least. He didn't and it's fair to say we are fucked because if his refusal to smell the coffee. I've given up calling for him to go. He is putting himself before the club. That's not on. He better hope he gets it right or that decision will destroy his legacy. And that saddens me greatly. If I had to pick a guy who I would have loved to lead us to the 10, after me, it woukd be him. But, It is clear he has run out of ideas. Our midfield is a joke, our defence is beyond the pale and we can't score. How that keeps you in until it's mathematically impossible to win it, is down to a board who can't make a decision when it's required. I don't believe in miracles, but I still believe in our players, I just wish they woukd start beuevubg in themselves, starting Thursdsy night.

I no sure we have any interim manager, which is bad in itself

But I cant see anybody touching it without a warchest and clean new backroom team

and the kind of dude who would be available and capable of doing better than current spfl champion manager with good rapport with fans and still getting bricks chucked at him

I hope they have a big pile of cash available

but I dont think they do

and I suspect they are all standing down at agm

coz the risks have outgrown the income return

and if im really honest I think the riskier model is certain death for club. because it cant be sustained in current market conditions and fans think they are cheating them
I don't think any club operating within the rules will have money at the end of this season without player sales. I think clubs will either have to gamble with " suspicious finance ( THEM AGAIN !!" ) or create a new business model utilising development players. We may not love it but the new season may be the time for Ralston, Hendry Welsh, O'Connor, MacInroy, Robertson Connell, Okoflex, Afolabi, HARPER to be integrated with senior players before we lose them

I don't think any club operating within the rules will have money at the end of this season without player sales. I think clubs will either have to gamble with " suspicious finance ( THEM AGAIN !!" ) or create a new business model utilising development players. We may not love it but the new season may be the time for Ralston, Hendry Welsh, O'Connor, MacInroy, Robertson Connell, Okoflex, Afolabi, HARPER to be integrated with senior players before we lose them
I would support that but I doubt the fans generally would tolerate that kind of investment

I would support that but I doubt the fans generally would tolerate that kind of investment
Again Tet it is all about what stance the board are going to take.
Hopefully they sell up and all fuck off, and new owners with reinvestment and a better football stagerity put in place.
Alternative they stay and sell players to balance the books leaving a new manager with crumbs to rebuild with.
Just hoping option 1 is in the making

Again Tet it is all about what stance the board are going to take.
Hopefully they sell up and all fuck off, and new owners with reinvestment and a better football stagerity put in place.
Alternative they stay and sell players to balance the books leaving a new manager with crumbs to rebuild with.
Just hoping option 1 is in the making
if it happens I hope it works

but I dont think it can do better than current plan long term and it could actually crush the life out of club with 1 toxic signing and nobody willing to buy club for a pound in exchange for 100s of muillions of debts

thats what I see as plan 1

hope I am totally loony and the trust peepo have a trust account to compete in the trust wars

just dont ask them how it works

just trust em

and give your money to the trust

it can only be a good thing apparently

they will tell you how it works after it works

in meantime

dd is big tit
lawell is liewell

lenny needs a shave

and everything will be Rosie with Benitez and the overdraft

I still believe we are not in as bad as a position as you claim tet.
We have players with plenty of potential in the pipeline.
We still have some value in all the want aways
Percentage of player sales will be needed on rebuilding.
Wage bill should be reduced with many high earners out of the door.
The secret will be getting a proper manager in to oversee the whole project with possibly the help of a director of football for recruitment and helping the rebuilding of the club, and keeping us strong for many years to come.
We are always going to be in a position where good young talent will want to move on, but we need to be in a much better position to be able to deal with this matter, not a complete turn around every 2 seasons

I still believe we are not in as bad as a position as you claim tet.
We have players with plenty of potential in the pipeline.
We still have some value in all the want aways
Percentage of player sales will be needed on rebuilding.
Wage bill should be reduced with many high earners out of the door.
The secret will be getting a proper manager in to oversee the whole project with possibly the help of a director of football for recruitment and helping the rebuilding of the club, and keeping us strong for many years to come.
We are always going to be in a position where good young talent will want to move on, but we need to be in a much better position to be able to deal with this matter, not a complete turn around every 2 seasons
I dont think we are in a bad position

but I dont think we are in a position to attract tv money tier managers or players

and that appears to be the demands of the option 1 people

rodgers types need tier tv money players to come

and we dont have those funds now or with the trust peepo imo

but at no point did I say I think we are weak

we have a manager using a system that sucks

and I have doubts that we can get a non tv tier manager who will be able to play the celtic style of old without celtic style players of old which I think are mostly tier tv money clubs already

can be competitive in our tier but I suspect the option 1 people think we can compete with tier tv money by debt - which I think is flawed coz we dont earn enough income to retain good players now attracting tier tv money attention

I dont think we are in a bad position

but I dont think we are in a position to attract tv money tier managers or players

and that appears to be the demands of the option 1 people

rodgers types need tier tv money players to come

and we dont have those funds now or with the trust peepo imo

but at no point did I say I think we are weak

we have a manager using a system that sucks

and I have doubts that we can get a non tv tier manager who will be able to play the celtic style of old without celtic style players of old which I think are mostly tier tv money clubs already

can be competitive in our tier but I suspect the option 1 people think we can compete with tier tv money by debt - which I think is flawed coz we dont earn enough income to retain good players now attracting tier tv money attention
I agree 100% with you tet that the TV money is always going to be a hindrance to us as a club which will leave us always as the pouper compared to the big leagues.
Our best way of generating our income will always be upon the development of youth until a guaranteed income from European football can be granted or a change within the European leagues set up.
This has always been a huge part of our history that the curse of money has blindfolded so many of our supporters, that creating your own players has far better dividends for the club than investing in foreign players where it can be so hit and miss.
I still believe it can be achieved with the right management team in place and a board that can fight for a development team within the lower leagues of Scottish football to keep the celtic way intact rather than loaning out, to gain experience.
This is just a vision that a new board should be pushing for, as our loyal support would give these young players, potential stars all the encouragement they need to succeed.
Instead we have a board that seems more interested in keeping the "old firm" brand alive and selling the supporters down the river in doing so.

I agree 100% with you tet that the TV money is always going to be a hindrance to us as a club which will leave us always as the pouper compared to the big leagues.
Our best way of generating our income will always be upon the development of youth until a guaranteed income from European football can be granted or a change within the European leagues set up.
This has always been a huge part of our history that the curse of money has blindfolded so many of our supporters, that creating your own players has far better dividends for the club than investing in foreign players where it can be so hit and miss.
I still believe it can be achieved with the right management team in place and a board that can fight for a development team within the lower leagues of Scottish football to keep the celtic way intact rather than loaning out, to gain experience.
This is just a vision that a new board should be pushing for, as our loyal support would give these young players, potential stars all the encouragement they need to succeed.
Instead we have a board that seems more interested in keeping the "old firm" brand alive and selling the supporters down the river in doing so.
Exactly John, we're never going to be able to compete financially, so no chance unless we produce them
The lack of players coming through or being given a chance is alarming.
Hopefully once we've won the 10 and that's that, more youngsters get a bit of game time against the lesser teams
But the alarming thing is the whole football operation seems to lack direction

Back