Celtic v St Mirren, Wednesday 1st November, 7.45pm

Gary67

Hatate out until after Christmas, so more than likely not available until after winter break.
AJ training but not sure if he can play on Wednesday if it was concussion that he came off with on Saturday.
St Mirren are probably the toughest of opponents in the SPFL, they sit deep with a back 5, play three in the middle closing down the spaces, man mark McGregor and play a big, strong pacy striker up top. They play for set pieces in our final third.
If AJ available then it'll probably the same team as recent games, the manager obviously has little trust in the bench to start any of them. Maybe Forrest will get a start ahead of Palma or Maeda but other than that same XI that looked lethargic on Saturday.
Hart
AJ CCV Scales Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Bernardo
Forrest Kyogo Maeda
Subs Bain Ralston Philips Turnbull Iwata Palma Yang Oh Holm

Beaton, fresh from a match winning performance yesterday, is referee with the Sevco youth PE teacher on VAR.
Think it'll be a grind but we should prevail 2-0

Last edited:
St Mirren play a back 5 with 1 up front so this is the type of game we don't need 4 defenders. Bearing in mind the injury situation, I'd go:

Hart
Phillips CCV Scales
Palma O'Riley Iwata CalMac Taylor
Kyogo Maeda
I know Rodgers will never play this but I believe it gives us better options in this type of game.

I hope we see a few changes especially in midfield with Reo now unfortunately out again.
I see Iwata as a tidy physical reliable player who defends well, passes well and can switch in and out of moving forward with plenty of stamina of getting up and down the park to help the team.

Can't understand for the life of me why he wouldnt get a run in the team now.
Haven't seen enough of Bernardo of course but I do know that Turnbull is not the answer as a starter.

Johnston injury is classed as facial and not concussion so he is fit to play.

St Mirren are difficult so we are in for much of the same as Saturdays game plan from the opposition.
I just hope our intensity and energy are back as it will be needed whoever gets the Jerseys

So a few changes this time I think, question is in midfield do we go with the guy that looks like O'Riely or the guy that looks like Hatate??? 🤔 😅

Big Joe.

Tony CCV Scales Taylor.

Bernardo Calmac O'Riely.

Yang Kyogo Maeda.

5 nuffin Celtic,

Kyogo Hattrick, Maeda and Forrest.

Bet of the day Kyogo first goal and to score more than 2.

Hart
CV scales Phillips
calmac iwata O'Riely
Johnston vata maeda
Kyogo
I Want Johnston to be a success but he needs proper 90min not just the last 15 minutes if he's fit if not then palma....vata deserves a chance
st mirren have been good the past few years but hopefully 3.0 win to the Celts 🍀

Last edited:
I may be on my own here. But I think this is going to be a very difficult match. Especially, if we struggle to make an early breakthrough. A one nil win will do me.
You are spot on POD. St Mirren are playing really well just now. They are very well organised and play to their strengths, which is stifling their opponents. I believe it will be very hard and we will need to be totally focused and give it 100% straight from the kick off.

At this time of the season, I settle for 3 points, no injuries and no suspensions. If we turn on the style then that is a bonus.

You are spot on POD. St Mirren are playing really well just now. They are very well organised and play to their strengths, which is stifling their opponents. I believe it will be very hard and we will need to be totally focused and give it 100% straight from the kick off.

At this time of the season, I settle for 3 points, no injuries and no suspensions. If we turn on the style then that is a bonus.
Just don't play Mickey Johnson. He's not a Celtic player. Get rid January

You know Noisers. I believe some of you if not most of you are an intelligent breed. Picking teams is the managers responsibility. Now why are you all picking teams that could win a raffle let alone win football matches.🤣🤣🤣 I jest because if I picked a Celtic team I would have Ian Andrews in goal Wayne Biggins Raphael Sheidt Willie Falconer Willle Garner Frank Munroe Joe Fillipi . That's why I don't pick our teams 🤣🤣🤣

You know Noisers. I believe some of you if not most of you are an intelligent breed. Picking teams is the managers responsibility. Now why are you all picking teams that could win a raffle let alone win football matches.🤣🤣🤣 I jest because if I picked a Celtic team I would have Ian Andrews in goal Wayne Biggins Raphael Sheidt Willie Falconer Willle Garner Frank Munroe Joe Fillipi . That's why I don't pick our teams 🤣🤣🤣
You forgot Carl Muggleton and that star Martin Hayes
🤣
HH

I'd have a few key players on the bench for this. We had all those midweeks earlier where due to not having to qualify for CL and being out of League cup, we didn't have to play.

Now when the players could do with a rest, we have a midweek game 😡

So rest some of the key players, but have them to hand on the bench in case we need them.

Latest posts

Back