Celtic's built in handicap . 20 points?

Verum2

As pointed out elsewhere yesterday highlighted in bright technicolour what has to be overcome to win the league nowadays
Penalties awarded freely at one end and stonewalkers denied at the other
Meanwhile elsewhere CFC players halved in two and not a card or penalty in sight
It was for ever thus .. we all know that but the actual quantum effect could be staggering
I always assumed it was 4/5 points a season but if you consider what is going on eg TRFC have had 7 pens already (4 in the league) and who knows how many pens denied to opposition ?
could it be that Celtic have to overcome about a 20 plus point built in refereeing decision factor over the course of the season ?
You can take it to the bank that yesterday will happen at least 8 or more times .

In almost every league in the world, the team who finish first will typically be 5-10% better than the team finishing second. In Scotland, if we want to win it, we have to be head, shoulders, knees and toes better than whichever version of R*ngers are playing at Ibrox.

In my adult life (since, say, 2000) we've always been the best team (just because we felt Mowbray should have done better doesn't mean his team weren't better than the financially-doped thugs that Wattie formed at Mordor) and yet we've lost five championships and God knows how many cups.

Big Jock said we had to be so good that the referees didn't matter but I think that's putting too much onus on the victims.

I don't want a single corner kick we haven't earned, but we deserve the right to win fairly.

Sorry to repeat myself.

The Masonic call for help has went out and we are seeing
the brethren responding to that call. This is not restricted to the MIB.

Budge, Milne, Petrie et al, they all dance on the square to sound of a flute. The Huns are all in with Gerrard. This imo is their last chance to stop the ten other than League reconstruction. It's going to get much worse.

We are staring at 2010 all over again.

What worries me more is that our board say and do nothing....if all the top chairmen and woman in the league, the MIB and the blazers running the game are all in it together to stop the 10 then why isn't our board highlighting this?? If they can't see what we, the fans, can see then they really are useless....or worse, they do see what's happening but are scared to rock the boat and lose the fantastic amount of money they are earning by being involved with Celtic. I've said in a previous post that our board could end the corruption in Scottish football by releasing 1 simple statement, denouncing the "old firm" and publicly asking for a proper investigation into Scottish football, even if it is refused, the very fact that our board are highlighting it would bring focus to what's going on in the game in Scotland.

I agree the Celtic board should be heard in these incidents. However the correct course would be a direct approach to the SFA to discuss the issue & end the cheating. To openly attack this, they would damage the product which could hurt financially.

I agree the Celtic board should be heard in these incidents. However the correct course would be a direct approach to the SFA to discuss the issue & end the cheating. To openly attack this, they would damage the product which could hurt financially.

The SFA that cried Armageddon, that told US that if WE let rangers die then our clubs would soon follow. Who created the survival and victim lie...who have bent over backwards to accommodate and help who ever plays out of ibrokes, who have allowed countless criminals to enter our game and poison it, who created the 5 way agreement?? Yes let's go have a wee discussion with them. Somehow I don't think that would work IMO. By all means we should approach them and let them know what our plans are, that we are going public. I'd much rather, as a fan, damage the cash flow to our shareholders pockets than continue in a rigged game.

As pointed out elsewhere yesterday highlighted in bright technicolour what has to be overcome to win the league nowadays
Penalties awarded freely at one end and stonewalkers denied at the other
Meanwhile elsewhere CFC players halved in two and not a card or penalty in sight
It was for ever thus .. we all know that but the actual quantum effect could be staggering
I always assumed it was 4/5 points a season but if you consider what is going on eg TRFC have had 7 pens already (4 in the league) and who knows how many pens denied to opposition ?
could it be that Celtic have to overcome about a 20 plus point built in refereeing decision factor over the course of the season ?
You can take it to the bank that yesterday will happen at least 8 or more times .
bad as it is, wait till we hit nine. There will be red cards in abundance, penalties, off sides. It will in fact be the perfect storm of anti-Celtic decisions. Hell they will even help NL take points off us. It's gonna be fun bhoys and ghirls.
HH

The simple facts of the matter are imo the greater majority of clubs in Scotland have no love of Celtic and they see Celtic and Sevco as being seperate cheeks of the same ar@@.

There is also the undercurrent of anti Catholic and anti Irish sectarianism and racism at play when it comes to Celtic and this is without adding in the Masonic influence which is substantial. Remembering Ibrox was dedicated to the Masonic in 1912 I believe and is a Masonic temple in its own right.

It is therefore extremely difficult for us to find friends in this environment. So to take things up with any governing body in Scotland is an exercise in futility imo as things currently stand and I can't see things changing any time soon.

So we either suck it up as we always have done or we change tack. Whether we like it or not we only have 2 choices.

1) Leave this corrupt environment at the first available opportunity and leave these cheating, goat shagging, rancid peepul to it....or

2) We get our act together and boycott certain clubs and sponsors. It doesn't have to be every club just a select few initially. This would lay down a marker and send a message. It wouldn't take too long for this message to hit home. Money talks and we have it.

Also, in a short time we will be having an AGM. At this AGM it is imperative that the Board supports Resolution 12 and is seen to be actively supporting this Resolution. I'm presently holding back on my opinion on Peter Lawwell and our custodians until this time. I will give them the benefit of the doubt until then but no longer.

If nothing positive re Resolution 12 comes out of this AGM I will be calling for disenchanted shareholders to get together and demand the matter of fraud is investigated by the appropriate authorities.

In essence it might just be an approach that could and should run in unison with Resolution 12. Any comments on this I would like to hear.

Thank you and Hail Hail

great post imatim,every celtic fan's concerns covered,just where do our board stand with these concerns,are they with us, or as I fear, they just want us too keep paying and shut up, I also agree selective boycotting of away games,eg Dundee, tell them why their being boycotted,at least their fans are questioning the "appointments" of certain referees for certain games. HH

great post imatim,every celtic fan's concerns covered,just where do our board stand with these concerns,are they with us, or as I fear, they just want us too keep paying and shut up, I also agree selective boycotting of away games,eg Dundee, tell them why their being boycotted,at least their fans are questioning the "appointments" of certain referees for certain games. HH

No need for a blanket boycott.

A selective boycott would do the trick imo. Get the Celtic supporters associations together and come to an agreement on who, why and when.

Make it public knowledge as to why this is happening, don't accept tickets for the clubs in question and beseech our support to abide by this in the spirit of decrying corruption, championing fair play and in what's in the best interests of Celtic.

Also, let all SFA and SPFL sponsors know until things change to an equitable and fair platform we will not be endorsing their products as they are financially supporting deceitful and corrupt organisations. Money talks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back