Celtic's DIY Director of Football and a "Culpable" Board "Asleep at the Wheel"

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I would not be surprised if Peter Lawwell moves on at the season's end . He has made a mint out of his tenure at Celtic Park . As an unknown accountant when he arrived , he has made a 'name' for himself - and a fortune besides.

It has been remarked on here often that, for a club with the historical beginnings of Celtic as a charitable institution , it beggars belief that a non-playing member of staff should be trousering a king's ransom each year in salary and bonus ! There can be few CEOs in ANY business in the UK that could match that hefty wage .

Unfortunately for us , the supporters , the decision is not ours as to whether he stays or goes . He probably has ambitions in UEFA so may hang on until a post with these parasites is available . And WE have no power to persuade him to take his money and go !
Dermot Desmond , the only one who can remove him , has shown by his lack of action that he is happy with Peter's 'custodial ' duties at Celtic Park . Older supporters will recognise the reference to 'custodians '; comparisons with the Whites and Kelly's is becoming more apt . They had to be removed kicking and screaming by the 'rebels' - is the same scenario required today ?

Sadly today , any 'rebels' will not have a Fergus McCann waiting in the wings to pay for the removal of an intransigent Board .
How do you remove , or even influence , a group of directors who have overwhelming power over the club ?
Boycotts ? Demonstrations ? Writing in the Celtic Noise ?

HH

Everything you have said Millsy is 100% true,but we need to remember this man our CEO craves the power he has over the fans so with that in mind and his £280000 per month plus annual bonuses he has no reason to leave anytime soon.
I cant see DD ushering him out the door,he obviously agrees with everything Lawwell is doing.
It would take a complete takeover to get us back to where we should be but I dont see any sign of that happening in the pesent climate,, so first on the agenda must be to get a manager who people recognise as somebody they would love to play for,how many players have you heard say...I came here to play for N.L. across the river at the cesspit I can name at least 6 who have said they wanted to play and learn from slippy..
I cant see a British coach getting us to where we want to be so for me it has to be European coaches we look at to get us out of this cesspit we are in just now..
I have some names we have all heard of who I believe would love to come to a club like ours,most managers dreams are to manage big clubs with a big support,,tell me where it gets any bigger or better than at paradise with 62000 fans inside a ground suitable for a Champions league final..
As I said I have some names but what we want to know is,,does the board have the ambition,will they pay a Rogers wage again to one of these coaches..
Pochettino,Lauren Blanc,Arsene Wenger,Sarri,Valverde,Luciano Spalletti,Unai Emery,Kovac..etc
these are all names who players would play for,sure players wages would go up but that can easily be off set by merchandise appertaining to new players,,if we are to be the force we once were we need to think bigger than N.L. and the legacy Lawwell leaves us IF he goes has to be better than BARRICADES he has very suddenly become accustomed to..

HH.

Last edited:
Everything you have said Millsy is 100% true,but we need to remember this man our CEO craves the power he has over the fans so with that in mind and his £280000 per month plus annual bonuses he has no reason to leave anytime soon.
I cant see DD ushering him out the door,he obviously agrees with everything Lawell is doing.
It would take a complete takeover to get us back to where we should be but I dont see any sign of that happening in the pesent climate,, so first on the agenda must be to get a manager who people recognise as somebody they would love to play for,how many players have you heard say...I came here to play for N.L. across the river at the cesspit I can name at least 6 who have said they wanted to play and learn from slippy..
To be fair, sprig - I heard that some of those hun lads can strip a hubcap and find a giro drop in less than thirty seconds because of what they learned fae slippy.

Back