Celtic's spirit in Scottish players and the "why" factor

This is my first article for the Celtic Star. I've really enjoyed this piece and I hope you do too! I appreciate the opportunity to write for this media outlet.

https://thecelticstar.com/celtics-spirit-in-scottish-players-and-the-why-factor/

Well done on your article JamesPearson.

Well written.

I just can’t ever seem to take my eyes of the guy that models for blakely & co everytime i go into Celtic Star.

Think he has to be the best looking guy in the whole world.

Absolute dreamboat hubba hubba ?

This is my first article for the Celtic Star. I've really enjoyed this piece and I hope you do too! I appreciate the opportunity to write for this media outlet.

https://thecelticstar.com/celtics-spirit-in-scottish-players-and-the-why-factor/
I thoroughly enjoyed your contribution in the Celtic Star.

I think your assessment of why is correct and I also think Turnbull, although a decent player, would be bad value at 3m +

He may well be worth it, but will he get game time? Will he make team better? Would he just be another talented player who may, or may not, get the game time required to become a worthwhile signing?

Good prospect but for me at 3million quid, he needs to be superstar a that age and coming from a low wage team in Scotland, makes me think its a mad price to take gamble.

I don't think he would get much game time. But if he is bought, I would hope he does get game time to allow him to develop, but in this next two years, I don't think he has enough experience yet to break into the team.

Im not a fan of loan system, either in or out.

I would like to see that area of the game better regulated with max numbers in out being much less than currently.

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I think its unfair on the player, to be shipped out away from the club he been signed to play.

It also adversely affects the lesser clubs talent pool, and interferes with market prices of these players, and it also appears to be a tax scam somehow, with the farming going on at massive clubs.

If the boy deemed good enough to compete for first team over next two years, then get him in.

If he is a project, with no real first team value added, then let him go somewhere that he will add value to their first team, and develop into the better player, while being a top addition to a club that plans to utilise his talent.

If he is good enough to play for Celtic then get him signed, if he just going to be loaned out instantly then that's no my idea of a great player for the club.

We really need better players at club.

The fact he is Scottish is big plus. So maybe he is the right man. But where does Motherwell get that valuation figure?

You don't pay for potential that has not been added, especially when the lad is still not a finished article.

How much is his wage at Motherwell and that will indicate exactly how much they truly value him.

3 million would suggest he should already be earning around 6 or 7 grand minimum at that age.

I cant see Motherwell paying that level for a young guy.

Why would the Ukranian player of the year be half the price being touted for a young player from Motherwell?

Value added?

Not good enough yet to be costing 3 million punt.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back