Celtics statement in support of the social media blackout

Winter

I read this statement this morning and for a wee bit I was thinking wow ! Celtic have grown a spine, just as some threads on the noise are calling for it given the Zander Clark abuse. It covers just about everything I've been wanting and waiting for the club to come out and say for years , here it's for those who havent read it

Celtic FC Statement Confirms Club Participating in Social Media Boycott via @OneFootball. Read it here:

Thing is once I've had a coffee and get more with it and compus menus l realise that this statement may never have seen the light of day were it not for the fact that the club made the statement in support of the social media blackout in conjunction with the SFA/SPFL SWFA police Scotland and all the other usual suspects , show racism the red card and similar movements. It's great we are participating dont get me wrong but the club should've made this statement long ago as a stand alone statement. We are finally getting to hear from the club that which should've been said donkeys ago and every week since, whilst I'm grateful for the club finally publicly identifying with us on this I am somewhat disappointed or disillusioned that its taken so long, so many times we the supporters couldve done with this strength of backing from our club as our support suffered blatant abuse not just on social media but in daily SMSM, everyday life , match-days, during before and after games endless abuse in person. So whilst I applaud Celtic for their support of the social media blackout movement and especially the clubs statement which hits many marks , I hope this might be a point the club cannot turn away from now given the strength of the statements wording. I hope that McKay will herald in a new era of zero tolerance from the club on such matters in future. As the clubs statement itself says, " it must stop" but it wont unless its consitantly and continually tackled like this but in the real world with the offenders punished and justice served, custodially if necessary. It's great news that social media abuse is receiving the attention it deserves but real life day to day abuse in person is the true battlefield. HH rant over

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back