Celtictv tighten security, so if you ain’t going, you ain’t seeing AIK game

To an extent, but cable news in America doesn't base it's huge salaries and extensive coverage on their core audience.

Their income is singularly based on advertising revenue and sales to media providers.

CTV can come in at an affordable rate and open up several hundred thousand viewers to potential advertisers trying to crack new markets and demographics. They can even sell snippets to other media providers for second-hand coverage.
They are prevented from showing live games to UK and Ireland viewers because we have a deal with SKY and BT sport that prevents this. However as this game is not being covered by either network CTV have now announced the game will be shown live to all subscribers. This is welcome news, apparently UEFA rules prevented Celtic from announcing this until 24 hours before the game, dunno why. There is a Celtic supporters group where I live and I'll be going there to watch the game, legal or illegal I'll still watch, sorry if that upsets the superfans out there.

If you read the OP it was nothing to do with making it available, it was about upping the security to prevent access to it wether it was on or not. So even if it is available a lot of people not fortunate to have spare cash to pay woukd miss out.

And just for clarity the title of this thread is “Celtictv tighten security, so if you ain’t going, you ain’t seeing the AIK game”

And just for clarity the title of this thread is “Celtictv tighten security, so if you ain’t going, you ain’t seeing the AIK game”

Yes it is because if they do that to a significant level then only those who can afford it see it. They made the announcement and I welcome that and understand the prohibitations on doing it earlier. The fact remains that by upping security the only people who will miss out are Celtic fans and my problem with that is it discriminates and divides the support between those who can pay are ok, but our poorer brothers and sisters around the world can fuck off.

That’s a Tory agenda to me. I fucking hate Tories and their philosophy of economic might makes you a better person and that’s why I want them to turn a blind eye, or fund it so as many people without the economic means to do so can watch it. That’s it.

Yes it is because if they do that to a significant level then only those who can afford it see it. They made the announcement and I welcome that and understand the prohibitations on doing it earlier. The fact remains that by upping security the only people who will miss out are Celtic fans and my problem with that is it discriminates and divides the support between those who can pay are ok, but our poorer brothers and sisters around the world can fuck off.

That’s a Tory agenda to me. I fucking hate Tories and their philosophy of economic might makes you a better person and that’s why I want them to turn a blind eye, or fund it so as many people without the economic means to do so can watch it. That’s it.

Like I said previously.....I applaud the sentiment.....but this not the Celtic of Brother Walfrid unfortunately.....getting irate over it isn’t going to change things.....I pay because I can afford it.....many can’t and that’s just the way it is.....again unfortunately.....some will pay £52 to go to Mordor which is robbery.....because they can.....other simply can’t afford it.....you can apply this analogy to many things.....it’s life as we know it

The PLC going by some of their frequent naive business strategies that third turd kit for prime example, likely think they now have the free streaming solved.

Whilst on the weekend it was kind of comical to watch one stream as they were naively streaming themselves logging back into Celtic TV, with their username clear as day, and no doubt in my imaginations based on thankfully brief experiences of office life that was noted by the PLC's I.T. dept who could not wait to rush to PL's office and inform how they have cracked the Celtic pirates once and for all!

As already covered, If Hollywood can't stop the pirates, then Pl's ideas of salaries for typical PLC employee are just not realistically going to find the answer

Almost certain that the so called security amounts to employees actively looking out for the streams like some online traffic warden and reporting them as illegal to the hosting site.
Lacky and a tout being the required skills for that role.
Descended no doubt from the type that could not wait to run to the landlord and tell them the family who could not keep up with the rent is after putting whats left of their door back on their RIC smashed up hovel and another evicted is after blatantly creating a mud hut out of the landlords turf.

They'll be looking on forums for links to streams, so don't give them a hand! pm those who need a hand finding one.

Seriously worse things going on with the club to sort right now than deflecting to imaginations of defeating the Pirates.

Good news for the PLC it can be solved but the bad news is

Last edited:

Like I said previously.....I applaud the sentiment.....but this not the Celtic of Brother Walfrid unfortunately.....getting irate over it isn’t going to change things.....I pay because I can afford it.....many can’t and that’s just the way it is.....again unfortunately.....some will pay £52 to go to Mordor which is robbery.....because they can.....other simply can’t afford it.....you can apply this analogy to many things.....it’s life as we know it
It is life as we know it, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t want to improve it.

Watched the game last night, commentary English, made Tom Boyd et al sound superb. Annoying donations slapped over screen now and again, loads of huns too...muppets..but good quality
stream was goood but the commentary was annoying , i switched to the swede channel was quite good

Members online

Latest posts

Back