Chairman.

My first comment on the noise since I joined, and this is what provokes it. God Help Us. I pray this is not going to mean the end of Ange ball and a return to Lawwell ball. Not that I am clairvoyant or anything, but I always suspected that he may have been still lurking around somewhere in the background, but now he is back front and center. God help us.
He never left, he just got a holiday job representing celtic at European tik tok.

My apologies, look wether we like it or not.. Scotland has 2, if 1 goes then Scotland has F-all, now the big lie is a lie, Scotland looking for independence couldn't have a majority of peepul going joe bananas and causing unrest. Celtic were told there has to be a 2nd, my opinion now is sevco are actually coming to terms of they have to operate within their own means.. they will be 2nd for let's say another 6 years trying to build capital to stop Celtic, Scotland can only operate this league with 2, if 'probably' they try and sell more shares 😉 then under agreement 🤝 they can again start again and be the 2nd part that Scotland needs to stop anger as independence is the way the government want.. honestly I think if No.3 is born then colours and badges will go.
I'm going back to my fridge for more happy juice ☺ HH

Managed decline is back.

Sevco are going the way rangers went.
The Celtic board only want to stay just in front of their rivals.
Our top players will leave for big money and be replaced by projects.
How long will Ange stick around for that.
All the nonsense about Lawwell being the man that delivered so many trophies in so many years is bullshit.
Last I checked he never pulled on a strip. We won what we did in spite of him not because of him.
Apart from winning Scottish titles and cups we actually went backwards in term of squad quality. There was a time when the biggest clubs feared coming to Celtic Park. But over the years, under Lawwells policy we were being routinely embarrassed in Europe. This policy was supercharged when rangers died and sevco were out the league. Instead of building and steaming forward, the club stopped. As long as we were just good enough to win the league, the board and Lawwell were happy.
Fielding Bitton as our CB year after year in the qualifiers. Starting youngsters and unknowns in the team due to our top players being sold of and replaced by lesser.
All the excitement about the future and what Ange is building has been spoiled, for me, by this news.

maybe we are all wrong? copy and paste on non exec below.

What is the difference between a non-executive chairman and a chairman?

Image result for non executive chairman

The duty of a non-executive Chairman is overseeing the board and they remain at a distance from the company. On the other hand, an executive Chairman has other jobs and takes a more active role in running the company. They may be a former CEO who wants to help the company move forward

Managed decline is back.

Sevco are going the way rangers went.
The Celtic board only want to stay just in front of their rivals.
Our top players will leave for big money and be replaced by projects.
How long will Ange stick around for that.
All the nonsense about Lawwell being the man that delivered so many trophies in so many years is bullshit.
Last I checked he never pulled on a strip. We won what we did in spite of him not because of him.
Apart from winning Scottish titles and cups we actually went backwards in term of squad quality. There was a time when the biggest clubs feared coming to Celtic Park. But over the years, under Lawwells policy we were being routinely embarrassed in Europe. This policy was supercharged when rangers died and sevco were out the league. Instead of building and steaming forward, the club stopped. As long as we were just good enough to win the league, the board and Lawwell were happy.
Fielding Bitton as our CB year after year in the qualifiers. Starting youngsters and unknowns in the team due to our top players being sold of and replaced by lesser.
All the excitement about the future and what Ange is building has been spoiled, for me, by this news.
Perfect summation Lubo. Not forgetting his 'blindness' in the 5WA charade.

maybe we are all wrong? copy and paste on non exec below.

What is the difference between a non-executive chairman and a chairman?

Image result for non executive chairman

The duty of a non-executive Chairman is overseeing the board and they remain at a distance from the company. On the other hand, an executive Chairman has other jobs and takes a more active role in running the company. They may be a former CEO who wants to help the company move forward

Simple for me tictastic. I simply do not trust him in any role at Celtic. Executive or non - exceutive.👍

The best man for the job said DD same soundbite for the shower room appointment of Lennon which at the time everyone knew was a mistake and took the shine of another treble at the time. Nicholson said he had seen the 5 way agreement so you could assume Lawell had seen it something he has denied since it's inception. This isn't forward thinking it's jobs for the boys which is what The Celtic Trust were hinting at when they were trying to get enough shares to have a voice in the club.DD doesn't own the club he has the biggest shareholding but acts as if he owns it because he has all of his men in position in the board, wonder how long it will take Is Well to start muddying the waters or has he learned from his previous mistakes, highly doubtful

Last edited:
The best man for the job said DD same souvenirs for the shower room appointment of Lennon which at the time everyone knew was a mistake and took the shine of another treble at the time. Nicholson said he had seen the 5 way agreement so you could assume Lawell had seen it something he has denied since it's inception. This isn't forward thinking it's jobs for the boys which is what The Celtic Trust were hinting at when they were trying to get enough shares to have a voice in the club.DD doesn't own the club he has the biggest shareholding but acts as if he owns it because he has all of his men in position in the board, wonder how long it will take Is Well to start muddying the waters or has he learned from his previous mistakes, highly doubtful
Are you Winter in disguise??? 🤔 😅

Some awrite points, but even although you think big DD doesn't own the club, he still has control of the voting shares, so perhaps his voice or just maybe the Man Shitty vote that he really cares about to get down south is prevalent here,
appointing a well know name to the Stock Market is prudent imho. The big ? Is as always follow the money, imho Peter L is the dartboard of the Celtic support that at times should be applauded but sometimes when going for the bullseye hit 25.

Now that's a tangent is it not mother.... 😱

Are you Winter in disguise??? 🤔 😅

Some awrite points, but even although you think big DD doesn't own the club, he still has control of the voting shares, so perhaps his voice or just maybe the Man Shitty vote that he really cares about to get down south is prevalent here,
appointing a well know name to the Stock Market is prudent imho. The big ? Is as always follow the money, imho Peter L is the dartboard of the Celtic support that at times should be applauded but sometimes when going for the bullseye hit 25.

Now that's a tangent is it not mother.... 😱
Man City won't be able to help DD get Celtic a move down south that is moonbeams territory

Man City won't be able to help DD get Celtic a move down south that is moonbeams territory
Disagree... But without going into it because I'm slightly pished, awrite wan fing, do you agree that Celtic are now part of the City group of teams???

Controversial I know, but dig into our most recent (7yrs)

Let it go, hes appointed now. Nowt we can do about it. lets just wait and see what happens.
Ange wont stand for any interference we can be sure of that.

Thats the problem. We all know Ange won't stand for interference...but we also know that there will be only one winner if they clash...and it won't be the man from Australia. Suppose we can only hope that John Kennedy has learned enough from Ange for when Lawwell puts him in charge of the first team.

Thats the problem. We all know Ange won't stand for interference...but we also know that there will be only one winner if they clash...and it won't be the man from Australia. Suppose we can only hope that John Kennedy has learned enough from Ange for when Lawwell puts him in charge of the first team.
Hope this doesn't come to pass ...but I would agree Lubos this is a realistic look into the future.
Already the support is split with this not surprising board decision.
Only thing that keeps me positive is Ange is supportive of Lawlell.
As Brim says ...there's nowt we can do at this point however if it becomes evident that Ange leaves because of Peter ....the fallout will be serious and the support will this time not let it go.
Let's hope it doesn't come to that although like most of us I will watch on very closely with an unhealthy interest at this unhealthy appointment imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back