Champions League Draw August 25th

Winter

With only two weeks until we discover our opponents in the champions league, I thought it would be a bit of fun to see which clubs the noise would like to see us paired with. ( no idea why the bold font)​

Do we want a group of death with the biggest and best clubs in Europe coming to paradise?
Are we hoping for a draw that will give us a chance to possibly progress or at least finish 3rd?
Over the years , every time I hope for a reasonable draw we have been paired with Bayern and Barca on multiple occasions so I've given up hoping for a reasonable draw as theres no such thing at this stage.

What would be your preference from the possible opponents?

2022/23 Champions League Pot 1​

• Real Madrid
  • Eintracht Frankfurt
  • Manchester City
  • AC Milan
  • Bayern Munich
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Porto
  • Ajax

2022/23 Champions League Pot 2​

• Liverpool
  • Chelsea
  • Barcelona
  • Juventus
  • Atletico Madrid
  • Sevilla
  • RB Leipzig
  • Tottenham

2022/23 Champions League Pot 3​

• Borussia Dortmund
  • Red Bull Salzburg
  • Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Inter
  • Napoli
  • Sporting CP
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Benfica

2022/23 Champions League Pot 4​

• Club Brugge
  • Celtic
  • Marseille
  • Copenhagen
  • Dynamo Zagreb
  • Viktoria Plzen
  • Maccabi Haifa
  • Old firm f.c

Edit : Groups are in now​

I'm gony have a wee look and see if anyone got it or closest.

Last edited:
I will fire away and put up 3 groups, 1 with a view to progressing, 2 with a 3rd place chance and 3 an ultimate group of death as well.

Group we could progress from:
1. Porto
2. Leipzig
3. Shakhtar Donetsk ( played in Poland)
4. Celtic
The reason I havent chosen Eintracht Frankfurt from pot 1 was so it allows us to get Leipzig from pot 2.

Group of 3rd place chance:
1. Real Madrid
2. Spurs
3. Bayer Leverkusen
4. Celtic

This is a tough group but I'd fancy us to take something from spurs and Leverkusen ( were it not for a makeshift defence we had them in Germany last season)

The ultimate group of death and likely the type of group that we always, always get

1. Bayern munich
2. Atletico Madrid
3. Inter Milan
4. Celtic

Last edited:
Porto (for revenge)
Spurs or Chelsea (for the cliched "Battle of Britain" but without having to face Liverpool)
Inter Milan (for the history)

We will face whoever we are drawn against - every single opponent will be difficult, but we also have a chance of picking up points at home against anyone too! Of course there is a potential for a right gubbing if we are suicidal in defence. Bring it on!

Porto (for revenge)
Spurs or Chelsea (for the cliched "Battle of Britain" but without having to face Liverpool)

We will face whoever we are drawn against - every single opponent will be difficult, but we also have a chance of picking up points at home against anyone too! Of course there is a potential for a right gubbing if we are suicidal in defence. Bring it on!
Ya lazy bassa ! Wheres the 3 groups? 🙂

With only two weeks until we discover our opponents in the champions league, I thought it would be a bit of fun to see which clubs the noise would like to see us paired with. ( no idea why the bold font)​

Do we want a group of death with the biggest and best clubs in Europe coming to paradise?
Are we hoping for a draw that will give us a chance to possibly progress or at least finish 3rd?
Over the years , every time I hope for a reasonable draw we have been paired with Bayern and Barca on multiple occasions so I've given up hoping for a reasonable draw as theres no such thing at this stage.

• Real Madrid
  • Eintracht Frankfurt
  • Manchester City
  • AC Milan
  • Bayern Munich
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Porto
  • Ajax

• Liverpool
  • Chelsea
  • Barcelona
  • Juventus
  • Atletico Madrid
  • Sevilla
  • RB Leipzig
  • Tottenham

• Borussia Dortmund
  • Red Bull Salzburg
  • Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Inter
  • Napoli
  • Sporting CP
  • Bayer Leverkusen

• Club Brugge
  • Celtic
  • 2 winners from play-off round (Champions Path)

2022/23 Champions League Pot 3 or 4​

• Marseille
  • 2 winners from play-off round (League Path)
  • Four clubs to qualify via the champions path from these ties,
  • Qarabag v Viktoria Plzen
  • Bodo/glimt v Dinamo Zagreb
  • Maccabi Haifa v Red Star Belgrade
  • Copenhagen v Trabzonspor
  • Two winners from league path:
  • Dynamo Kiev v Benfica
  • Rangers v PSV Eindhoven
With one spot remaining in pot 3 I'd hazard a guess that should benfica win they would be that side.

So if you can be bothered , what would be your choice?
I'm asking for 3 groups
Group 1 is the group you think we could progress from in either 2nd or 3rd place.
Group 2 is a tougher group with a chance of coming 3rd place.
Group 3 is the group of death and probably the group we'll be drawn in.
HH COYBIG 🍀
:oops:fs ,,,,,a didn't even do homework ,,, a can't be arsed

Porto (for revenge)

close the thread the suns shining

• Real Madrid
  • Eintracht Frankfurt
  • Manchester City
  • AC Milan
  • Bayern Munich
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Porto
  • Ajax

• Liverpool
  • Chelsea
  • Barcelona
  • Juventus
  • Atletico Madrid
  • Sevilla
  • RB Leipzig
  • Tottenham

• Borussia Dortmund
  • Red Bull Salzburg
  • Shakhtar Donetsk
  • Inter
  • Napoli
  • Sporting CP
  • Bayer Leverkusen

• Club Brugge
  • Celtic

2022/23 Champions League Pot 3 or 4​

• Marseille
  • 2 winners from play-off round (League Path)
  • Four clubs to qualify via the champions path from these ties,
  • Qarabag v Viktoria Plzen
  • Bodo/glimt v Dinamo Zagreb
  • Maccabi Haifa v Red Star Belgrade
  • Copenhagen v Trabzonspor
  • Two winners from league path:
  • Dynamo Kiev v Benfica
  • Rangers v PSV Eindhoven
With one spot remaining in pot 3 I'd hazard a guess that should benfica win they would be that side.

So if you can be bothered , what would be your choice?
I'm asking for 3 groups
Group 1 is the group you think we could progress from in either 2nd or 3rd place.
Group 2 is a tougher group with a chance of coming 3rd place.
Group 3 is the group of death and probably the group we'll be drawn in.
HH COYBIG 🍀
Ajax seville and donestk would give us a chance of getting into next round but can't see us not getting one of the bug boys in pot one just as long as we are organised and don't get pumped no shame on getting best agf Madrid and the likes it no more goal fests Is all I'm after

Ajax seville and donestk would give us a chance of getting into next round but can't see us not getting one of the bug boys in pot one just as long as we are organised and don't get pumped no shame on getting best agf Madrid and the likes it no more goal fests Is all I'm after
That's no a bad shout , Seville are often slow starters though ultimately they end up deep into tournaments one way or another. Donetsk will likely play their home games in Warsaw or elsewhere in Poland so wont have the crowd they usually would

I expect we will have 3 super rich club/group sides as per any group were drawn in the Champions league.
I'd like Real Madrid, just because it's way back to the early 80s we last played them.
Pre-bosman days and beat them 2-0 @CP, lost 3-2 on agg but we gave them a scare.
If theres one huge fish in there then often that side runs away with the group.
If we get something like that again it's a 3 way battle for 2nd and 3rd

Shockaroonie! If Benfica fail to dispose of Dynamo Kiev in their play off , then Sevco will be the 8th side in pot 3 should the unlikely happen.
If that happens ( cant see it personally) I'd love to see them paired with Bodo/glimt should they beat dinamo Zagreb.

PSG, Barcelona, Inter Milan nae worries group just to ease us into the champions league , bunch of pub teams.
Noticed that France only have 2 clubs in the group stages with Monaco kod .
3 cl places for France 2 automatic and 1 qualifier.
Guessing this is due to Frankfurt beating the " pish guzzling heathens " and giving Germany 5 ( five fkn automatic entries) that's no fair, it joost isnae

Would like to get teams we haven’t played before / recently. With obvious exception of Frankfurters from pot 1.

Frankfurt
Sevilla / Spurs
Napoli

Think we’d do alright in that group. But we’ll get

Real Madrid
Liverpool
Inter

Nothing surer, get your money on it.

To much of a minefield to try and work out best and worst options for myself.
Yet I'm confident enough to not actually fear any team we are grouped with as believe more teams will be hoping to actually avoid having to face us imo.
Got no expectations from celtic within this competition as feel it's going to be very much of a learning curb for so many within the current squad including Ange himself this particular season, but nothing suggests that we can't be successful within it either imo.
Looking forward to the actual draw itself, but as usual the expectations within myself will possibly increase also, but certainly looking forward to it as got such a strong belief within this current squad of players that anything remains possible still imo.

Members online

Back