Charity Raffle: Signed Celtic Shirt

Hello All!

Hope this is ok to post here. My Dad has being diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease, and so we're running a raffle in aid of the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation to raise money for research into MND. The average life expectancy from diagnosis is only 2 years, and there is currently no treatment and no cure.

The raffle prize is a SIGNED CELTIC SHIRT!

Tickets are £10 each, and the draw is on 21st March.
You can buy tickets here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/celticraffle

Thank you!
3a872a0f-135d-4036-8748-b1980e9c229d.jpg

Thats good you reached your target well done. Maybe give the Celtic foundation the extra £190.00 to help other causes.

View attachment 13624
Thanks, the response has been brilliant!

The My Name'5 Doddie Foundation was picked as it is a charity very close to our hearts given Dad's diagnosis, and the shirt was given to us specifically to raise money for this charity. A lot of the tickets have also been bought based on the money going to the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation.

The money on JustGiving goes directly to the charity so isn't something we'd be able to redirect in any case.

Thanks, the response has been brilliant!

The My Name'5 Doddie Foundation was picked as it is a charity very close to our hearts given Dad's diagnosis, and the shirt was given to us specifically to raise money for this charity. A lot of the tickets have also been bought based on the money going to the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation.

The money on JustGiving goes directly to the charity so isn't something we'd be able to redirect in any case.
Don't think you should re-direct it anyway ,the foundations rich enough if you've went beyond your target just like other just givings then raise base higher the more you raise all the better

Don't think you should re-direct it anyway ,the foundations rich enough if you've went beyond your target just like other just givings then raise base higher the more you raise all the better
Yeah, as you say, the more we can raise the better! I've changed the target to £750 which is well beyond what we'd hoped for!

Dad's been absolutely blown away by the support 🥰 and to be honest there hasn't been much else in the way of good news to give him lately!

Don't think you should be raising the target on Celtic sites, you reached more than you expected and I think in fairness that should be it, and now is the time to give the strip away.

Don't think you should be raising the target on Celtic sites, you reached more than you expected and I think in fairness that should be it, and now is the time to give the strip away.
The raffle is set to run until 21st March as per the details on the raffle ticket site; the aim of any raffle is to sell as many tickets as possible before the draw and raise as much money as we can for the chosen charity in the process. Obviously the raffle appeals mostly to Celtic fans which is why we've posted here.

The target was merely what we hoped to raise, and we're really pleased to have passed that, but it doesn't affect how long the raffle will run for.

Edited to add that whilst the winner will walk away with an amazing prize, the aim of the fundraiser is to try to do what we can to fight this most horrific disease, in the hope that other families won't have to go through what ours is... Motor Neuron Disease has no cure, no treatment, and is absolutely devastating with a life expectancy of only 2 years from diagnosis 💔

Last edited:

Think like any charity it's up to the indivdual if they want to donate or not the details of the charity and the draw are there for anyone to make their mind up , it's an open forum and not moderated so and if someone wishs to to bring attention to a worthy cause and help generate funds for it then good on them , telling them to pack up shop because a total has been met is kinda pointless that's the whole point of justgiving

Good on him ,hope he raises as much as he can for charity

Before lockdown the same charity would have benefited from a charity match with proceeds going through the foundation , don't think at any point they would say right you've raised enough now go away

Think like any charity it's up to the indivdual if they want to donate or not the details of the charity and the draw are there for anyone to make their mind up , it's an open forum and not moderated so and if someone wishs to to bring attention to a worthy cause and help generate funds for it then good on them , telling them to pack up shop because a total has been met is kinda pointless that's the whole point of justgiving

Good on him ,hope he raises as much as he can for charity

Before lockdown the same charity would have benefited from a charity match with proceeds going through the foundation , don't think at any point they would say right you've raised enough now go away
Think i asked them to share the pot after reaching a goal set.

Reactions: CAZ
Just think its good to donate to as many as worthwhile causes, set a goal reach it and use excess to donate to other charities. just my opinion.

way i see it it's more than a wortwhile cause and they have went out there way to raise funds, the pandemic would have curtailed that just like other charities ,going on a Celtic blog to help raise funds and draw attention country wide is a great idea ,,,,the top not so much so hope Lubo wins it .

it will help in a way the more they raise the better all just givings start at a realistic total some charity donations take off quickly others just fall by the wayside
look at the GBs match the fine for palistine
started £7k went as far as £140k

look at the guys website and twitter they doing a lot to draw awareness and raise funds

good luck to them

https://twitter.com/Munros4MND

If you'd like to know more about why we're raising money for the My Name'5 Doddie charity in particular, please have a look at our website; www.munros4mnd.co.uk

We've been raising money for them since Dad's diagnosis.
Good luck in raising lots of money to help fight this charity horrific disease and support those that are sufferering from it. I hope your Dad can remain in relative good health for as long as possible. 💚

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back