Christie for number 7??

Teams retire jerseys out of Respect, for those who made it Legendary
In my humble opinion, the number on a jersey, raised to the rafters is synonymous, with excellence & a sign of the club honouring those who wore it, with distinction
HH
Basically just said that DILL Milan being the example. Me personally not for the NO.7 at Celtic go earn the right to wear that jersey, and the impression to any player that comes to the Club that's the number l want, go earn it. HH

So should Celtic retire 1-11 in memory of the Lisbon lions
This is a really excellent point. I follow some American sports teams and am familiar with the concept of retired numbers but it's too late to introduce that concept to Celtic. Indeed some of the lions would have worn numbers already retired. Number 1 for example would already have been retired for 36 years by 1967.

This is a really excellent point. I follow some American sports teams and am familiar with the concept of retired numbers but it's too late to introduce that concept to Celtic. Indeed some of the lions would have worn numbers already retired. Number 1 for example would already have been retired for 36 years by 1967.
Get what your saying pmm, have followed the NFL for years think this is a different context. Maybe wrong but American sports, the players don't spend a whole career there at one team. Not like Cesar.might be wrong.

Get what your saying pmm, have followed the NFL for years think this is a different context. Maybe wrong but American sports, the players don't spend a whole career there at one team. Not like Cesar.might be wrong.
Tam, the GOAT, Brady
Ted Williams
Derek Jeter
Larry Bird
Kobe Bryant
Never really got into NHL or NBA but am a fan of the Pats and Sox. Hate the Yankees but by fuck do I respect Jeter.

Last edited:
NBA naw...MLB....Naw don't understand the scoring in the game mate to be honest. Tom Brady (42) unbelievable. Like green bay packers.😉
No need to understand any American game to realise that your statement regarding American players not staying with one team with for their entire career does not accurately represent reality.
Every one of those players is an absolute star if not greatest of all time in his position, in his sport. And every one of them is a one team player.

Back