Clarke and Scotland

Winter

After the awesome job Clarke did for Kilmarnock and it was awesome. What chances that he can replicate that for Scotland? Scotland right now have good players to pick from though many are injured so we won't see that reflected in the first squads. Wee GS did a pretty decent job of picking up the team and came close a few times to getting us to a tourney. If he'd picked griff sooner we'd have made it I think. All that was undone by ecks appointment, only the SFA could come up with an appointment like that. The one thing eck did do was get us into the nation's league play off. Clarke has the best chance of getting us there with 2 possible routes. It'll take time but he should be able to stop us leaking goals from our own corners. Will Clarke take us to a tourney? I think he might just do it even if it's through the nation's league.

I hope so Winter, not for the SFA's benefit, but it would be grand to have something to look forward to in a summer apart from watching England get humped at cricket.

SC done a great job with limited resources at Killie. He seems to know how to organise a team and set them up to play to their strengths.

I hope he can find a way to fit KT and Robertson in the same team and I hope he doesn't let the red-tops r the SFA decide who should or shouldn't be in his squad.

I've fallen out with Scotland over the years, but I'm open to persuasion if SC is allowed to play with a straight hand.

Hope he does well ,comes across as a very likeable guy and he doesn't take any shit.He's known for getting the very best out his players and being a a great man manager so hopefully we ll see a big improvement in our performances.
The first thing he'll do i hope is to get our defence to stop leaking goals from non threatening positions. Obviosly this is the biggest step up Clarke has ever taken but I'm confident for one he can do something. It's our goal threat thats the problem it's non existent but players like griff coming back and I'm glad to see Brophy get the call up he defo deserves it

The first thing he'll do i hope is to get our defence to stop leaking goals from non threatening positions. Obviosly this is the biggest step up Clarke has ever taken but I'm confident for one he can do something. It's our goal threat thats the problem it's non existent but players like griff coming back and I'm glad to see Brophy get the call up he defo deserves it
Thinkso aswell Winter ,thats what he done at Kilmarnock.made them hard to beat.Might not be pretty to watch at times but if it stops teams like Kazakstan beating us im for it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Stevie Clarke will be brilliant for Scotland, a very clever astute manager with great tactical nous and a man who seems to instil the confidence and belief in his players that gets them punching above their weight. He also seems to strike the perfect balance between 'pleasant guy' and 'not to be fucked with' that makes players want to play for him while knowing he won't accept standards dropping.

Won't get carried away as we're not exactly blessed with an abundance of quality but there's enough there for SC to work with that makes qualifying for tournaments a real possibility again. First time I've been excited about the national team in years and can't wait to see what he can do.

Back