Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Your right BB but not sure if they are hanging onto to him for their European qualifiers I think they have got one more tie to negotiate in the europa conference and obviously their are cash rewards if they do qualify.
Spot on, one more tie to go and they are in conference league which could be worth up to €4 million including gate receipts. That’s huge money for an Irish club. Also, DD owns 20% of the club....

Julie's only redeeming quality is he's 6 foot 12. He's a big pansy, easily bullied, he's another French ego tripper, more interested in his social media presence than his is in his Celtic presence. A year out for a sore knee FFS. Can't be relied upon.... IMO

With the greatest respect mate, I think that nonsense.... nearly all modern footballers are social media heads....how can you class him with Eddie and Ntcham..? Because they are french? Utter baws ma man...Big Julie gets what it means to play for us and like I said earlier, he toughens up a bit, eats more red meat...then we have a top top player on our hands...imo of course 👍

Last edited:
I think its becoming abundantly clear that we will not 'buy' anyone to come into the first team until Eddy is sold. We may bring in a couple of loanees at RB & CH, and maybe a small fee for a 'project' if a deal can be done. This will be the reason we seem to have moved to the Couto loan option at RB rather than buying Juranovic, also why we are waiting to see if we can get a loan deal for Itakura from City. Scales could be a low cost project to give us cover in a number of positions. We won't sign a striker unless Eddy is sold, we won't sign a Left Winger unless Christie is sold.
The cash we have spent so far in this window has been covered by the sale of Ajer. All of the cash from Frimpong, Elhamed, Hendry, Klimala, Bayo and Shved will have gone towards reducing the losses of the financial year to June.

I think its becoming abundantly clear that we will not 'buy' anyone to come into the first team until Eddy is sold. We may bring in a couple of loanees at RB & CH, and maybe a small fee for a 'project' if a deal can be done. This will be the reason we seem to have moved to the Couto loan option at RB rather than buying Juranovic, also why we are waiting to see if we can get a loan deal for Itakura from City. Scales could be a low cost project to give us cover in a number of positions. We won't sign a striker unless Eddy is sold, we won't sign a Left Winger unless Christie is sold.
The cash we have spent so far in this window has been covered by the sale of Ajer. All of the cash from Frimpong, Elhamed, Hendry, Klimala, Bayo and Shved will have gone towards reducing the losses of the financial year to June.
Not sure if we can afford to do that Gary. We still need a squad big enough to compete on 4 levels. 2 cups the league and europe. There is enough money in the pot. I don't even think we have spent KT money yet.

With the greatest respect mate, I think that nonsense.... nearly all modern footballers are social media heads....how can you class him with Eddie and Ntcham..? Because they are french? Utter baws ma man...Big Julie gets what it means to play for us and like I said earlier, he toughens up a bit, eats more red meat...then we have a top top player on our hands...imo of course 👍
Even Blind Freddie could see there was a French clique which also included Moussa. When he left Ntcham got pissed off because he though he should be able to go as well. Despit his pay packet being there every week, he downed tools. When he went back to France on loan at Marseille, Eddy took the humph and started to believe his own bullshit. Has been a very poor player since. Julia thinks he has the heart of a lion just cos he's a big guy. Bumps into a goal post and disappears for a year. All French. Maybe connect the dots Docco....

I wouldn’t say it’s abundantly clear Gary
They’ve not done a deal doesn’t mean they’re not going to spend
If they buy a player next week then that theory is in the bin pretty quickly
I agree edouard has a lot to do with things but if you need players you need players
The manager seems to think there will be more coming in

Not so sure sure myself Gary as in general its been very a cat and mouse transfer window to date, and player's still seem to hold the upper hand.
Believe eddy will still be sold regardless especially when so many EPL clubs are still in the market for a striker and haven't been spending at a rate of seasons gone by.
How much we are prepared to spend could well depend upon the sale of eddy but still optomestic that plenty of business will still be done before the close of the window still.

Even Blind Freddie could see there was a French clique which also included Moussa. When he left Ntcham got pissed off because he though he should be able to go as well. Despit his pay packet being there every week, he downed tools. When he went back to France on loan at Marseille, Eddy took the humph and started to believe his own bullshit. Has been a very poor player since. Julia thinks he has the heart of a lion just cos he's a big guy. Bumps into a goal post and disappears for a year. All French. Maybe connect the dots Docco....

Big Julien is made differently...he genuinely love playing for us and loves Scotland....dots connected

I don't think he is as devisive as the others but he is not exactly robust in the heart of defence.... when he is actually working, which not very often. Sell him and buy 2 or 3 proper hard bastard defenders.
I know your a big fan of the old fashioned CH Vigobhoy, who used to smash a CF to make up for the lack of pace they usually possess.
Nowadays your looking at your CH to be very comfortable on the ball with what seems to be with a better passing ability than an aireal abilty.
Still say Jules was a huge loss to us last season and not to sure how he will be upon the recovery from injury, but still think we need another option available while such questions can't be answered still.

I know your a big fan of the old fashioned CH Vigobhoy, who used to smash a CF to make up for the lack of pace they usually possess.
Nowadays your looking at your CH to be very comfortable on the ball with what seems to be with a better passing ability than an aireal abilty.
Still say Jules was a huge loss to us last season and not to sure how he will be upon the recovery from injury, but still think we need another option available while such questions can't be answered still.
Sorry Johnno, that's not it at all. I would be happy if young Welsh was to take Julia's place. I am not looking for Bobo Balde. Far from it. I want a cultured ball playing CB but somebody who takes nothing from the hammer throwers. Julia has demonstrated again and again he is not that CB. FFS he was bullied by El Gordito last year. He's like the lion in Wizard of Oz movie

I don't think he is as devisive as the others but he is not exactly robust in the heart of defence.... when he is actually working, which not very often. Sell him and buy 2 or 3 proper hard bastard defenders.
Hes not been a great player for us but id put him straight back in there when fit ...btw big Duffy was class for Brighton ...maybe we should re sign him 🤣

Sorry Johnno, that's not it at all. I would be happy if young Welsh was to take Julia's place. I am not looking for Bobo Balde. Far from it. I want a cultured ball playing CB but somebody who takes nothing from the hammer throwers. Julia has demonstrated again and again he is not that CB. FFS he was bullied by El Gordito last year. He's like the lion in Wizard of Oz movie
Vigo this is a CB ,tough tackling ball playing CB who liked to bomb forward ..even better than the 2 that won the Euros .How much would he be worth these days

Anybody think we can wait around for a decision on Couto? Or should we go ahead and buy Juranovic THEN MOVE ON to Ko Itakura. We have only 2 weeks left. All this dithering is ridiculous... We need numbers..... 4 plus

Daizen Maeda from Yokohama has three goals so far tonight, makes it thirteen for the season so far, wonder if Ange wants him over. I can tell you, he has an amazing engine on him.

Back