Coin Throwing

All joking aside ,we are in a war,make no mistake,!never known so much venomous comments about this club/fans,anyone who thinks they have an outlet to spout crap are happy to do so,!!!!!! Don’t need this sort of stuff from our fans, can understand the anger and frustrations,I feel it as much as all you ghuys and ghirls,think we need to stop and think, but, in the heat of the moment,not always possible,my thoughts, hh

Personally think it should be condemned. I dont like Boyd, his thoughts on football, or his culture. But, he is entitled to his opinion, even if its not a well educated, balanced set of thoughts, or a culture based on lies..

If Leigh Griffiths had been verbally abused by the horde and then whacked by a coin. I would hope it would be roundly condemned by all.

If Boyd is a smug arrogant twat with egocentric tendencies then our society and its accepted norms are partly a contributory factor.

Abusing him for his unhealthy views is bad enough, but violence with missile is just going to add to the defence of his biased views, and is not a viable solution to helping people with Boyds illness recover.

Anybody who goes to a football game and feels the need to destroy shit or throw things at anybody, should not be in public areas let alone at football matches, no matter what team they feel is part of their heart.

All joking aside ,we are in a war,make no mistake,!never known so much venomous comments about this club/fans,anyone who thinks they have an outlet to spout crap are happy to do so,!!!!!! Don’t need this sort of stuff from our fans, can understand the anger and frustrations,I feel it as much as all you ghuys and ghirls,think we need to stop and think, but, in the heat of the moment,not always possible,my thoughts, hh
Exactly have a look at the Daily Reptile online tonite attack after attack on us plus that paranoid rant fae Sevco
We are deffo at war no doubt about it

Personally think it should be condemned. I dont like Boyd, his thoughts on football, or his culture. But, he is entitled to his opinion, even if its not a well educated, balanced set of thoughts, or a culture based on lies..

If Leigh Griffiths had been verbally abused by the horde and then whacked by a coin. I would hope it would be roundly condemned by all.

If Boyd is a smug arrogant twat with egocentric tendencies then our society and its accepted norms are partly a contributory factor.

Abusing him for his unhealthy views is bad enough, but violence with missile is just going to add to the defence of his biased views, and is not a viable solution to helping people with Boyds illness recover.

Anybody who goes to a football game and feels the need to destroy shit or throw things at anybody, should not be in public areas let alone at football matches, no matter what team they feel is part of their heart.
As usual TET a well though out answer, but the problem is that if griff got hit with a coin you would get the usual "he brought it on himself" shite. A lineman got split open from some Hun mongrel recently and it didn't receive quarter the coverage. One rule for me and a different one for everyone else seems to be the order of the day when it comes to the Huns!

As usual TET a well though out answer, but the problem is that if griff got hit with a coin you would get the usual "he brought it on himself" shite. A lineman got split open from some Hun mongrel recently and it didn't receive quarter the coverage. One rule for me and a different one for everyone else seems to be the order of the day when it comes to the Huns!

100% agree with you, Deadner but I hate giving smsm the ammunition to shoot us down with. We are better than the klan and we shouldn't ape their misbehaviour. Monkey see, monkey do.

I suspect your right mate. But when we start chucking coins at people it gives these msm and agenda driven headcases the ability to twist the narrative to suit the agenda.

Had Boyd thrown a coin at him he would be sued. Pantomime theatrics is one thing having the need to throw something at someones head for playing football is pathological and should always be condemned unless justifiable and no matter what Boyds politics or favoured team, he should be able to go to his job without getting metal thrown at him.

Wars a strong word for what's happening now. Look to the middle east look at Gaza and what the Palestinians are going through. This is football let's get it into perspective. Smsm are batting for sevco, but hey we've known that for years nothing changes. Paper talk is just talk to sell to the sevconians, no decent Tim's I know off buys the gutter press. Words won't hurt us they never will, they can say what they want but at the end of the day whose winning all the trophies, that's why they print negatives hoping that it puts us off our game. They have more chance of believing the flat earth theory. Here we go ten in a row. ????

Aside of the pathetic stupidity of behaving like a zombie

I did wonder
  • Was it one of those collector type 50p's. as they can be worth a few notes.
  • As someone who has never been able to master throwing any object anywhere near a distant target, How accurate the throw was.
  • Boyd's delayed reaction to a direct pass explains why he could never score against The Celtic

I see on Etims that they thought Boyd was in front of the main stand when he was struck by the coin but it certainly looks from the images like he was in front of our support in the stand to the left (from the normal television camera position) behind the goal. You can see the gate number starts with a "2" just visible behind him, peeking out from within his gargantuan shadow. I don't know if anyone can contradict this, as I'd be glad to hear that the coin did come from the Kilmarnock supporters, rather than our own, although it would be best if it hadn't been thrown at all. More importantly, I fail to see how Boyd can get away with accusing our support of "sectarian" chanting (and those same accusations repeated on Sky Sports etc.). Whilst I accept that the word can refer to the promotion of any division between two groups, it is ordinarily a reference to religious division and the inference here is clearly that our fans are sending out an anti-Protestant message, when nothing could be further from the truth. We have got to be permitted to call out divisive, bigoted organisations such as the Orange Order, and the anti-Catholic, anti-Irish prejudice found so readily in places like Ayrshire and many other parts of Scotland, without being tarred with the same brush as the truly sectarian supporters of teams such as Sevco, Hearts and Kilmarnock. Having said that, there is nothing to suggest that Boyd is in the Orange Order and maybe it's time we stopped labelling every former Rangers / Sevco player as such. It appears, however, that Andy Walker has taken up the mantle of sorting all this out, judging by his comments today. I'm now looking forward to the day he steps up to hammer the rangers support for their sectarian chanting, as he has been so keen to do against us today...

It was a chocolate coin, left over from Christmas.

Boyd will apologise on twitter in a couple of days once he's eaten through the rest of his stash to get to it and realise his criticisms should have been a thanks.

Then, as Hawking predicted, he will continue to expand at a rate beyond the universe and eventually consume the entire cosmos. With a giant packet of Monster Munch on the side.

I see on Etims that they thought Boyd was in front of the main stand when he was struck by the coin but it certainly looks from the images like he was in front of our support in the stand to the left (from the normal television camera position) behind the goal. You can see the gate number starts with a "2" just visible behind him, peeking out from within his gargantuan shadow. I don't know if anyone can contradict this, as I'd be glad to hear that the coin did come from the Kilmarnock supporters, rather than our own, although it would be best if it hadn't been thrown at all. More importantly, I fail to see how Boyd can get away with accusing our support of "sectarian" chanting (and those same accusations repeated on Sky Sports etc.). Whilst I accept that the word can refer to the promotion of any division between two groups, it is ordinarily a reference to religious division and the inference here is clearly that our fans are sending out an anti-Protestant message, when nothing could be further from the truth. We have got to be permitted to call out divisive, bigoted organisations such as the Orange Order, and the anti-Catholic, anti-Irish prejudice found so readily in places like Ayrshire and many other parts of Scotland, without being tarred with the same brush as the truly sectarian supporters of teams such as Sevco, Hearts and Kilmarnock. Having said that, there is nothing to suggest that Boyd is in the Orange Order and maybe it's time we stopped labelling every former Rangers / Sevco player as such. It appears, however, that Andy Walker has taken up the mantle of sorting all this out, judging by his comments today. I'm now looking forward to the day he steps up to hammer the rangers support for their sectarian chanting, as he has been so keen to do against us today...

Well said...and as for Walker, if he is now getting involved that can only be a good thing can't it?? I mean I'm sure walker will know a few of the Lisbon Lions personally. He must have idolized and been on talking terms with Billy McNeil, Walker being an ex-celtic player and all. Maybe next time he is commentating at a sevco game he can condemn the songs being sung about the greatest captain and team Scotland has ever produced...he might want to mention the anti-catholic songs being sung also. This is NOT whataboutary. We aren't pointing out the scum songs to justify what we do. We are not sectarian. We are nothing like them. If fat Boyd and walker want to discuss sectarianism and violence from the stands then the better fucking start looking at the scum. Golf balls...batteries.....Buckie bottles...actual fans confronting our captain on the pitch. There is a lot for those 2 fuckers to talk about. So let's hear it.

It was one stupid individual that threw the coin,he threw it at the one that has an outside job in the media that can slate our support,what went through his mind and why didn’t supporters around him give him a slap.We virtually sealed the league but all you hear is that twat Boyd and how bad our support is.It was one person who threw that coin.He should be banned and sent to Oz so he has to watch games at midnight,4 in the morning and get coins thrown at him when we drop points.Maybe I’ve had a few too many.I’ll get my coat.Goodnight all.

It was one stupid individual that threw the coin,he threw it at the one that has an outside job in the media that can slate our support,what went through his mind and why didn’t supporters around him give him a slap.We virtually sealed the league but all you hear is that twat Boyd and how bad our support is.It was one person who threw that coin.He should be banned and sent to Oz so he has to watch games at midnight,4 in the morning and get coins thrown at him when we drop points.Maybe I’ve had a few too many.I’ll get my coat.Goodnight all.

Exactly we as good as won the league on on Sunday. And they hate it. Don't get me wrong the guy who threw that coin is a dick. I hope he's charged and banned.
I've been told by a workmate, a Celtic fan from Kilmarnock, that the officials were pelted after Broadfoot was sent off. Like previous posts this is not whataboutery or a deflection or justification of the coin or the pitch invasion. But I've not seen this anywhere in the media.
Just pointing out yet more media imbalance to promote an agenda.

Members online

Latest posts

Back