Coronavirus

No heard anything Steviebhoy but that is pretty much a given. They will never allow ScotGov to deviate too much from their own approach whatever the science says as they think it undermines the Unionist' One Nation, Better Together' ideology and there's no way in hell the Tories will continue the 80% in Scotland while forcing England to go back to work.

Although I still think it was largely political cowardice on Nicola Sturgeon's part (I say that as an SNP voter) it was rumoured that the reason Sturgeon could not move into lockdown faster at the beginning (couldn't close works, schools etc.) was because UKGov were trying to avoid a lockdown for as long as they possibly could and were dragging their heels on things like the furlough scheme.

You could understand that the financial planning side would take time to get together or even an answer from the Tories on what they were doing ,and seeing as the Tory plan was herd immunity then had to change it due to outside pressure the scatter brain approach delayed lockdown further ,,,oh and they had to wait for cheltnam to finish

Any other information seemed to be on the need to know , the scot govt has done a brilliant job so far especially compared to westminster ,if by chance bojo does pull the furlough in scotland ,i can see the scots govt budgeting for that and standing alone

Last edited by a moderator:
You could understand that the financial planning side would take time to get together or even an answer from the toreis on what they were doing ,and seeing as the tory plan was herd immunity then had to change it due to outside pressure the scatter brain approach delayed lockdown further ,,,oh and they had to wait for cheltnam to finish

Any other information seemed to be on the need to know , the scot govt has done a brilliant job so far especially compared to westminster ,if by chance bojo does pull the furlough in scotland ,i can see the scots govt budgeting for that and standing alone

Naw I agree Kelly. ScotGov has put Westminster to shame since the early days of this and have shown Boris & Co. up for what they are, criminally incompetent, dangerous, ruthless chancers who are way out their depth and unfit to be in government.

I just think if NS was braver at the outset and publicly voiced her anger at their ridiculous strategy sooner then it would have put the pressure on them to move away from their herd immunity insanity faster and forced them to get the financial planning framework of lockdown in place earlier.

Naw I agree Kelly. ScotGov has put Westminster to shame since the early days of this and have shown Boris & Co. up for what they are, criminally incompetent, dangerous, ruthless chancers who are way out their depth and unfit to be in government.

I just think if NS was braver at the outset and publicly voiced her anger at their ridiculous strategy sooner then it would have put the pressure on them to move away from their herd immunity insanity faster and forced them to get the financial planning framework of lockdown in place earlier.
True or you could play the long game and watch them unravel that way the nasty nats don't get the blame in the court of public opinion
You just need to take a look at the daily mail 1/2 hr after her daily speech the hates screaming out them and there comments section is worthy of FF

No tantrums, just eloquent, plain speaking, and nails the truth, of what is happening in America today
The US has become Trump the toddler in the White House's personal plaything
He does what is best for him, and his wealthy friends
This crisis, has shown the best of ordinary people, and the worst in those who are supposed to be leaders
Hopefully, sanity takes over, and morons like Trump and Johnson are ousted
Stay safe

Bang on Lenno. Was sat beside an RAF guy on a plane from holiday. He said exactly that.
100% It's how they operate
Whenever there's rampant unemployment, the Armed Forces recruiting ramps up
They start a war somewhere, and try to give it the "Patriots' BS
The average guy gets sent to fight, and Trump & Johnson's cronies make money on the backs of the foot soldiers

The average guy gets sent to fight, and Trump & Johnson's cronies make money on the backs of the foot soldiers
Billions were made on the back of the "Faulklands". The Arabs bought Harriers and were tied into a training and maintenance plan. The same applies to all weapons. If they prove to be effective other nations want them. You also have access to another prescious commodity (or was), oil. War is cash.

The war in Iraq opened a lot of folks eyes so recruitment might not be as big as he would think most folk joined up for a qualification not to become cannon foder ,,,, be the best be a marine

if they do pick a war he will go down the Reagan route by giving illegals amnesty and a Green card , thousands will take the uptake and just like everone (including me ) you will get a letter 3 months after you get yer green card to say ''in the event ofthe U.S going to war you will be expected to be conscripted into the U.S forces ,,,aye goood luck wi that idea

Members online

Latest posts

Back