Craig Gordon

26+6=1

With the emergence and excellence of Scott Bain last season it looks like there isn't much hope of a return for Craig Gordon. It's only 2 years since Chelsea made an approach and he could still do a job somewhere. As he enters the final year of his contract should the board try to get some value for him now or keep him around as a very well paid backup?

He's played his part, Mikus, and I think it's only fair that he is given the decision to make himself.

I don't think he's let us down too often and some of his performances were top class. I don't object to him being kept around the squad, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and might be a good influence on some of the younger boys (especially with Mika being away).

I wouldn't have any qualms about playing him either, so it's not just a token gesture.

He's played his part, Mikus, and I think it's only fair that he is given the decision to make himself.

I don't think he's let us down too often and some of his performances were top class. I don't object to him being kept around the squad, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and might be a good influence on some of the younger boys (especially with Mika being away).

I wouldn't have any qualms about playing him either, so it's not just a token gesture.
With the emergence and excellence of Scott Bain last season it looks like there isn't much hope of a return for Craig Gordon. It's only 2 years since Chelsea made an approach and he could still do a job somewhere. As he enters the final year of his contract should the board try to get some value for him now or keep him around as a very well paid backup?

Gordon has always come across to me as a guy who loves football for the right reasons.
I believe he will want to be part of the squad that wins 10 in a row.
I cant see him leaving now....he will probably sign for someone else tomorrow now I've said that ??

Gordon has always come across to me as a guy who loves football for the right reasons.
I believe he will want to be part of the squad that wins 10 in a row.
I cant see him leaving now....he will probably sign for someone else tomorrow now I've said that ??
I think he rates himself and will back himself. He'll know he'll get another wee chance and he'll back himself to take it. Red card or injury to Bain and he'll be back in. May be difficult to dislodge if he does.
in that last game he played (against them) before the winter break, CG turned up that day and was one of the only positive things to come out of it.

That could have been even more embarrassing if not for him.

He gets a bit of stick for his distribution, but believe me, there's a reason why most keepers are keepers and not free-scoring strikers or midfield playmakers.

in that last game he played (against them) before the winter break, CG turned up that day and was one of the only positive things to come out of it.

That could have been even more embarrassing if not for him.

He gets a bit of stick for his distribution, but believe me, there's a reason why most keepers are keepers and not free-scoring strikers or midfield playmakers.
Indeed. We are lucky to have 2 goalkeepers we are delighted with. Not sure off the top of my head in all my time supporting Celtic I've ever been able to say that.

Goalkeepers have been our achilles heel we always tend to have one or if we have two one tends to be utter shite, as it stands we have two good ones, we move ahead with the two, keep both.
I might be being a bit harsh here, but my Da' insists that Celtic were a good keeper away from another two European Cups.

Fine from 2-11.......question marks at No.1

Back