D.o.F I don't think AP is all that keen on the idea!

Brimcbhoy

I got the feeling AP likes to control everything, ok he realises he can't and will let others do certain tasks but my feeling is he will NOT stand interference and HIS decision is final. I could be wrong only time will tell, but don't think he'll be undermined, by anyone.

I got the feeling AP likes to control everything, ok he realises he can't and will let others do certain tasks but my feeling is he will NOT stand interference and HIS decision is final. I could be wrong only time will tell, but don't think he'll be undermined, by anyone.
Likewise brimcbhoy.
Must admit I was in favour of a DoF, but this doesn't seem to be the case now.
He will obviously need to bring in people in certain roles but looks like he will be having a huge say upon who.
At a guess I would say him and Dom are already working on who some of them people will be.
Would be a concern if he wants to undertake all aspects as the work load would be huge especially with the amount of work required out on the training pitch.
Not unusual for a manager not wanting to work under a DoF, as they can feel undermined, and trust has to be built.
Certainly going to be extremely busy over the next few weeks and hope he can get in the help to share the work load

Well over in Japan he's know as Boss , so I think your right

Whether Ange likes to work under a DOF or not is irrelevant. Dom McKay has said that he wants to be " world class in every aspect of everything we do as a club". Ange cant do everything it's not possible especially when the club is Celtic. We need cohesion behind the scenes in how our targets are identified and followed up on. That should be the DOF/ technical directors task, to liaise with Ange and the scouting network to bring in the kind of player Ange wants. If this position isnt made forthcoming at Celtic then who's doing that job ? Dom McKay? I'm uncomfortable with that scenario as weve been down this road before and I will be raging if we find ourselves with another 4 loanees at the club with no option to buy. I realise that appointing the right man for the position can take time but if McKay is to be a man of his word Celtic as a club " world class in every aspect " needs this position in place. We have seen lawell go from brilliant to drunk on power and McKay will be out on his ear by the fans if he attempts to emulate that HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back