Daizen Maeda

A 25 minute training session for Daizen, came on with Japan already 2-0 up. Providing no travel delays there must be a good chance of him being on the bench at least tomorrow night.
You seriously want him to play 30 hours after playing half way round the world with a long flight in between? He's a human being not a machine.
I remember we tried that with Efe Ambrose coming back from the African cup of Nations final. Complete disaster as he played like his legs were still over the Atlantic.

But how long would the flight be??? He wid need to be back here tonight I reckon I canny see him getting in the morra then playing at nite
Ange said on Saturday that both Maeda and Rogic will be back in Glasgow by tomorrow morning and the deciding factor would be whether or not they played today. Rogic will start and no doubt play at least an hour for Australia in Oman so he has no chance, Maeda will depend on whether they think 25 min appearance followed by travel is too much or not. I assume that's why we employ Sports Scientists.

You seriously want him to play 30 hours after playing half way round the world with a long flight in between? He's a human being not a machine.
I remember we tried that with Efe Ambrose coming back from the African cup of Nations final. Complete disaster as he played like his legs were still over the Atlantic.
In fairness Efe was still pished from the post final parties

I would be very surprised if meada wasn't on the bench tomorrow night myself.
Club would have known about this situation for some time now and think we would have been well prepared for it.
The deciding factor for me is that he only played 25 minutes, so recovery time shouldn't be much of a issue imo.
Of course he will be checked fully by our medical team to see if the possibility is available for us to use meada as a potential sub, and one I hope remains a possibility as we hardly are blessed with options available atm.
Still will be a more important player for the weekend and just delighted to get him back without any injury concerns

Ange said on Saturday that both Maeda and Rogic will be back in Glasgow by tomorrow morning and the deciding factor would be whether or not they played today. Rogic will start and no doubt play at least an hour for Australia in Oman so he has no chance, Maeda will depend on whether they think 25 min appearance followed by travel is too much or not. I assume that's why we employ Sports Scientists.
Oh rite did he 👍

I would be very surprised if meada wasn't on the bench tomorrow night myself.
Club would have known about this situation for some time now and think we would have been well prepared for it.
The deciding factor for me is that he only played 25 minutes, so recovery time shouldn't be much of a issue imo.
Of course he will be checked fully by our medical team to see if the possibility is available for us to use meada as a potential sub, and one I hope remains a possibility as we hardly are blessed with options available atm.
Still will be a more important player for the weekend and just delighted to get him back without any injury concerns
I'd say an 80% fit Maeda is a more potent front man than a 100% fit GG.
And he's a wee fit as fuck Japanese dynamo so if anybody can recover in time it's probably him.
I'm with you John I'd be surprised if he's not at least on the bench, I'd maybe even take a punt on him starting.

I'd say an 80% fit Maeda is a more potent front man than a 100% fit GG.
And he's a wee fit as fuck Japanese dynamo so if anybody can recover in time it's probably him.
I'm with you John I'd be surprised if he's not at least on the bench, I'd maybe even take a punt on him starting.
Prefer the idea of GG mixing it up with there 2 donkeys at the back and meada exploiting them later within the game when more space becomes available for him to do so later within the game myself hoopy.

I reckon Ange will leave it completely up to Maeda to decide if he thinks he can play a meaningful part Wednesday night...
I can't imatim after what happened to kyogo.
Players will always claim to be OK, especially for the bigger matches, think Ange has already made that mistake at times and will depend upon his medical and science team moreso to help make these huge decisions from now on imo.

Remember even if Desmond doesn’t send his private jet to pick him up, he should be traveling 1st class with a lie down bed, he won’t be in cattle class, with his knees up around his neck, I recon he will start, Japanese are highly professional and motivated people, he’ll know what this game means…..he’ll be ready ….if picked 👍

Remember even if Desmond doesn’t send his private jet to pick him up, he should be traveling 1st class with a lie down bed, he won’t be in cattle class, with his knees up around his neck, I recon he will start, Japanese are highly professional and motivated people, he’ll know what this game means…..he’ll be ready ….if picked 👍
Would be very surprised if meada were to start myself.
We need options to keep our attacking intent for the full 90 minutes still where we have remained lacking in these bigger games to date.
Maeda, Doak and possibly Forrest still gives Ange that option imo

Members online

Latest posts

Back