Dangerous moves from the gaffer

stubhoy77

With KT close to moving and Scotty Sinclair potentially leaving that’s a serious set back after a few champions league qualifiers and a league game.Sinclairs goals last season were crucial and at the moment Morgan doesn’t cut it for me.As for Bolingoli,on performances so far I need to question our scouting system.Tonight a decent team would have destroyed us and I mean of Slavia Prague’s level.It’s either sign quality or accept Europa League.

With KT close to moving and Scotty Sinclair potentially leaving that’s a serious set back after a few champions league qualifiers and a league game.Sinclairs goals last season were crucial and at the moment Morgan doesn’t cut it for me.As for Bolingoli,on performances so far I need to question our scouting system.Tonight a decent team would have destroyed us and I mean of Slavia Prague’s level.It’s either sign quality or accept Europa League.
Nope 1. Youre referring to 2 players who had very little actual contribution to the last treble season overall. Sinclair we've seen the best of him and good it was even below par sinky still amongst the best SPL attackers. KT injured long term. Forrest stepped up as someone always does. Shved Griffiths ntcham rogic jullien all to return to full duty. The futures bright spanking green and white everyone knows it even my pessimistic brother knows we are looking at a Celtic side on the verge of a special season prepared and backed by the board untouchable over a season HH

Nope 1. Youre referring to 2 players who had very little actual contribution to the last treble season overall. Sinclair we've seen the best of him and good it was even below par sinky still amongst the best SPL attackers. KT injured long term. Forrest stepped up as someone always does. Shved Griffiths ntcham rogic jullien all to return to full duty. The futures bright spanking green and white everyone knows it even my pessimistic brother knows we are looking at a Celtic side on the verge of a special season prepared and backed by the board untouchable over a season HH
HH Winter!

Spot on, Winter. Completely agree with everything you said in your post, but didn't want to labour the point. Some folks need to deal with, oh I don't know, reality for a change.
My forum fun time ☺state the obvious. Well impressed with the attitude of the squad how they've responded to lenny , how they've improved and jelled. We're exciting to watch , strongest bench full of danger. Different tactics. Slavia I think might be the best side we've faced since Salzburg. If we ko slavia were good enough to go deep into one of the euro tourneys , Europa league if we are handed the usual group of death. I might be wrong but sure I read we'd be pot 3 for group stage. Not that it makes massive difference.

Do you not think Cluj , Romanian champions, ahead of steaua and dinamo Bucharest a decent team? You're posting 4 hrs after a great European away performance and result about negatives,which are true many, but come on super night for Celtic past sides wouldve folded this side are serial winners and it shows

Do you not think Cluj , Romanian champions, ahead of steaua and dinamo Bucharest a decent team? You're posting 4 hrs after a great European away performance and result about negatives,which are true many, but come on super night for Celtic past sides wouldve folded this side are serial winners and it shows
the day he post's somethin positive aboot Celtic, is the day ah stop drinkin!!!!!

Well put Winter the fact they came away with the draw and away goal gets us ready to kick on at CP
besides there was all those bats hanging around get it !!! lol
HH

The club is firing on all cylinders this year, and they're revved up and ready to go. Looking forward to this season, even if the whiners start to whine . . . .
At the risk of repetition ad infinitum. If the board did manage to sort out our backline we'd be really dangerous opponents for anyone. Like you say "all cylinders" just don't invest in half a backline

At the risk of repetition ad infinitum. If the board did manage to sort out our backline we'd be really dangerous opponents for anyone. Like you say "all cylinders" just don't invest in half a backline

Point taken, and I agree: We would be unstoppable (or inpenetrable) with a full backline. With "half a backline," as you put it, we're pretty damn strong as it is. Always room for improvement, though.

As an aside, am I the only one who's impressed with Elhamed's speed? The guy's like The Flash.

Although Sinclair been right off boil he scores a hell of a lot of goals.

Losing KT means we really need a new left back and perhaps better right back.

So hopefully board can finance these two positions with real competition in those areas.

Boli Bolingoli hasn't really settled yet and so far has been very mediocre in comparison to Tierney and to be honest he looks terrified to get ball at moment.

Sinclairs goals may well be replaced between Mikey and Morgan and with Hayes available as cover I think that's decent enough quality left wing.

Would like to see as sign another striker for added competition.

Maybe a very strong central midfielder if we can afford the wages.

I think team is doing well, but Left back and right back really need reinforced ASAP

Oh and I would like a Fraser Forster type in goals :p

Although Sinclair been right off boil he scores a hell of a lot of goals.

Losing KT means we really need a new left back and perhaps better right back.

So hopefully board can finance these two positions with real competition in those areas.

Boli Bolingoli hasn't really settled yet and so far has been very mediocre in comparison to Tierney and to be honest he looks terrified to get ball at moment.

Sinclairs goals may well be replaced between Mikey and Morgan and with Hayes available as cover I think that's decent enough quality left wing.

Would like to see as sign another striker for added competition.

Maybe a very strong central midfielder if we can afford the wages.

I think team is doing well, but Left back and right back really need reinforced ASAP

Oh and I would like a Fraser Forster type in goals :p
Morgan? I really don't see any kind of foothaller in him. Think we're a man down everytime he plays

Really? I think hes done ok but there's a lot more to come from him. We've seen players struggle once in the side and he's young. Like his work rate. Think he'll improve a lot with games.
Can be scary playing at big club, sometimes you need a flash of brilliance to give you confidence, I thought christie was very shaky last season then he scored an important peach and he went from strength to strength.

Morgan is tricky player but he does look very anxious. Trouble is if the flash of genius to settle his confidence doesn't come he could quickly crash and burn.

Hasn't done anything for me to justify an away start in Europe, but I have never seen him train. If Lennon thinks he good enough to start then I trust his superior talent spotting.

I would have taken a score draw before a ball was kicked yesterday. But, before the first fifteen minutes had passed Celtic could have been 2-nil up had Edouard any accuracy about him.

He appeared lost and a striking partner whether it be Griffiths or Shved would have definitely helped to our benefit.

I will never see the sense in a lone striker up front with the service Celtic supplies our forwards or speedy wingers who all too often look for someone to cross to and no one is available.
If Eddy is out of position or reach then lets double our chances of getting our passes over with another forward player in a position to get a shot off.

How many times do we see that at CP, with the mutterings of fellow supporters around me who voice exactly what I'm thinking!!

It's the most frustrating part of our game, and yesterday was a testament to that.
I know we were away but this team were for the taking and caution was a hindrance on this occasion. We could have been out of sight by half time.

This game was tailor made for Griffiths.

Sometimes, I wonder about Lenny and his inability to see the game developing different from his original plan.

Davie Hay says in his book that Jock Stein would often shout at them a change to game instructions even within the first 10 minutes as it was turning out to be different to his original thoughts.
He also said his amazing success rate was down to wholesale tactical changes during the first half which was never or rarely attempted by other teams.

This frustrates me to the enth degree, especially when AEK came to us last season and put us out when we thought we would go through with an earlier good result in Athens!
Even at home next Tuesday nothing is a surety.

Batter Motherwell and I'll feel much better.

I would have taken a score draw before a ball was kicked yesterday. But, before the first fifteen minutes had passed Celtic could have been 2-nil up had Edouard any accuracy about him.

He appeared lost and a striking partner whether it be Griffiths or Shved would have definitely helped to our benefit.

I will never see the sense in a lone striker up front with the service Celtic supplies our forwards or speedy wingers who all too often look for someone to cross to and no one is available.
If Eddy is out of position or reach then lets double our chances of getting our passes over with another forward player in a position to get a shot off.

How many times do we see that at CP, with the mutterings of fellow supporters around me who voice exactly what I'm thinking!!

It's the most frustrating part of our game, and yesterday was a testament to that.
I know we were away but this team were for the taking and caution was a hindrance on this occasion. We could have been out of sight by half time.

This game was tailor made for Griffiths.

Sometimes, I wonder about Lenny and his inability to see the game developing different from his original plan.

Davie Hay says in his book that Jock Stein would often shout at them a change to game instructions even within the first 10 minutes as it was turning out to be different to his original thoughts.
He also said his amazing success rate was down to wholesale tactical changes during the first half which was never or rarely attempted by other teams.

This frustrates me to the enth degree, especially when AEK came to us last season and put us out when we thought we would go through with an earlier good result in Athens!
Even at home next Tuesday nothing is a surety.

Batter Motherwell and I'll feel much better.
I thought the same thing that we could've killed the tie off and used griff. The fact our backline is fragile and playing away from home where we've seen past sides crumble must've been on lennys mind. I'd be surprised to see us go with
1 up front at home domestically at least. Think lenny did the right thing erring on the side of caution. They're a decent side , we were away, take a score draw back to CP good job but not over yet.

I agree, but the board need to use the money to bring in real quality. That’s the only fly. We will fuck ourselves up if we aren’t bold.

Latest posts

Back