Daniel Arzani

SamTeàrlachH

I know it's almost impossible to make a fully reasoned judgement on the lad so far, but for the 12 minutes (if that) he came on during our 5-0 away thumping of Dundee last year, I remember being very impressed by him. Again, 12 minutes (if that). So I'm not basing anything on that, but you don't get signed by Man City if you're not at the very least an exciting prospect. So what do people think? Should he be given a chance? Do you think Lenny will give him a chance? Does anyone reckon he could play an important role in our campaigns this season?

I know it's almost impossible to make a fully reasoned judgement on the lad so far, but for the 12 minutes (if that) he came on during our 5-0 away thumping of Dundee last year, I remember being very impressed by him. Again, 12 minutes (if that). So I'm not basing anything on that, but you don't get signed by Man City if you're not at the very least an exciting prospect. So what do people think? Should he be given a chance? Do you think Lenny will give him a chance? Does anyone reckon he could play an important role in our campaigns this season?
Yes, I think he will get a chance and eventually play a decent role in our campaign. I know his 12 minute impressive cameo against Dundee isnt much to go on, but he is very highly thought of in Australia and everyone who's seen him raves about his potential/ability. I think him, CalMac, Christie & Forest will tear apart stubborn defences - domestically at least.

He seems prepared to face his man and take him on, Sam.

Too many times in the last couple of seasons, a few of the boys want to double back and play another nowhere pass. There is no defender in the world that enjoys a zippy winger running at them full tilt and Arzani looks like he has this in his man-bag.

I get there are certain times that you have to play percentages, but there's a reason why players like Jinky were adored by the fans and that was because they played without fear and were as brave as lions.

That mob's scouse squarehead was a good example, nothing particularly special about him, but he faced his man up and caused problems.

Arzani is a great talent. I've seen him play often. He can dribble at pace and deceive defenders and glide past them. He is not quite as quick with his feet as Tom Rogic. He is hungry for success and champing at the bit. So too is Lewis Morgan and Armstrong Okoflex and Dembele. This could be a great season.

He seems prepared to face his man and take him on, Sam.

Too many times in the last couple of seasons, a few of the boys want to double back and play another nowhere pass. There is no defender in the world that enjoys a zippy winger running at them full tilt and Arzani looks like he has this in his man-bag.

I get there are certain times that you have to play percentages, but there's a reason why players like Jinky were adored by the fans and that was because they played without fear and were as brave as lions.

That mob's scouse squarehead was a good example, nothing particularly special about him, but he faced his man up and caused problems.
Spot on
I believe young Daniel, is a special talent and is willing to run at opponents
I think Daniel Arzani and the new Bhoy Shved, might just get 'bums out of seats' when they are on the ball, adding excitement to our attack
You're right when you say Kent was nothing special, (speaks volumes about their team, when he was their best player aganst us) as he was willing to run at our defence
Look at wee Dembele when he had his cameo, the crowd was buzzing
Looking forward to watching our lineup next season
HH

Spot on
I believe young Daniel, is a special talent and is willing to run at opponents
I think Daniel Arzani and the new Bhoy Shved, might just get 'bums out of seats' when they are on the ball, adding excitement to our attack
You're right when you say Kent was nothing special, (speaks volumes about their team, when he was their best player aganst us) as he was willing to run at our defence
Look at wee Dembele when he had his cameo, the crowd was buzzing
Looking forward to watching our lineup next season
HH
Hi D, it's not just confined to Scotland either - it's something that's slipped out of the game over the last couple of decades.

That's why boys like Messi and Ronaldo have been feted over the last 15-years, because beyond their goal-scoring achievements, they were both direct players who would pick the ball up deep then take it for a wee run.

It was bravery added to good technical ability that made Ajax such a treat to watch in the Champions League. It eventually done for them, as Blind and the big centre half where 70 yards up the pitch in the last minute against Spurs when they were 3-2 up on aggregate, but to watch a team play without fear - that's something rare nowadays.

Ironically - those types of players were something that Scotland used to churn out like whiskey in the past. That's what made Scotland such dangerous opponents, but we were also naive when it came to playing more cynical sides and it cost us dearly.

Wee Kara, Shved, MJ and Daniel Arzani might just be the gamebreakers for us next season. They need a strong supporting cast alongside them, but they can turn defenders inside out and twist their blood.

If we do mess up next season, I hope it's not down to fear, or because we went far too conservative. As long as we remain brave and fearless, I still believe we have more than enough talent to win the title comfortably.

Hi D, it's not just confined to Scotland either - it's something that's slipped out of the game over the last couple of decades.

That's why boys like Messi and Ronaldo have been feted over the last 15-years, because beyond their goal-scoring achievements, they were both direct players who would pick the ball up deep then take it for a wee run.

It was bravery added to good technical ability that made Ajax such a treat to watch in the Champions League. It eventually done for them, as Blind and the big centre half where 70 yards up the pitch in the last minute against Spurs when they were 3-2 up on aggregate, but to watch a team play without fear - that's something rare nowadays.

Ironically - those types of players were something that Scotland used to churn out like whiskey in the past. That's what made Scotland such dangerous opponents, but we were also naive when it came to playing more cynical sides and it cost us dearly.

Wee Kara, Shved, MJ and Daniel Arzani might just be the gamebreakers for us next season. They need a strong supporting cast alongside them, but they can turn defenders inside out and twist their blood.

If we do mess up next season, I hope it's not down to fear, or because we went far too conservative. As long as we remain brave and fearless, I still believe we have more than enough talent to win the title comfortably.
well said that man! phuq the fear!!!!!

jist binge watched season 2 of killin eve! spoiler alert! only kiddin! hiv we signed anybody yet!!!
Naw, but the new club are interested in a wee unicorn who's supposedly a flying winger, a Greek lad named Zeus who likes to play in an orthodox 4-4-2, and a londoner called Alfie Moon(beams).

King Kong knocked them back because he's intimidated by the 5XL gorillas that support them, but Dracula's expressed an interest because their place is a tomb and there's no fear of a cruciform there.

Naw, but the new club are interested in a wee unicorn who's supposedly a flying winger, a Greek lad named Zeus who likes to play in an orthodox 4-4-2, and a londoner called Alfie Moon(beams).

King Kong knocked them back because he's intimidated by the 5XL gorillas that support them, but Dracula's expressed an interest because their place is a tomb and there's no fear of a cruciform there.
got ye, SP!

Watch Avatar. I'm in it.
8 minutes in and Jake wheels down the aisle. Camera shoots from behind him. Look to the left and the balding guy wearing the only pair of spectacles in the entire film (that another funny story for a movie about the 24th century) is me.
In fact when the Colonel announces "By nightfall one in four of you will be dead. I blessed myself. James Cameron yelled out "Who Moved?" I put my hand up.
Why? he roared.
"Because he just said by nightfall one in four of you will be dead. I just asked my deity to make me one of the three survivors. Their deity lives under a tree and you want us to laugh at that but my deity is real."
Cameron let out a deep sigh of frustration. " I fucking hate extras with a brain. Fair point though. Keep it in. "
It never made the final cut.

Last edited:
Arzani is a great talent. I've seen him play often. He can dribble at pace and deceive defenders and glide past them. He is not quite as quick with his feet as Tom Rogic. He is hungry for success and champing at the bit. So too is Lewis Morgan and Armstrong Okoflex and Dembele. This could be a great season.
Throw in Kouassi, Bayo and a returning Christie and our starting eleven could look quite different from last season. Particularly if we buy a couple of defenders. I make no apologies for repeating myself here, give the first team squad a break and use other squad members for the Cup competitions. We still have a large squad Dembele, Morgan, Hendry, Arzani, Ralaton, Armstrong Okoflex Tec Gives them much needed game time and the manager gets to see them in a pressure situation.

Back