Daniel Fergus McGrain

Danny was incredible and was so far ahead of his time. He was so good that he was played on the opposite side to accommodate Sandy Jardine and was still trully World Class when out of position. For younger members who never saw him I can't emphasise enough how brilliant he was. And that was overcoming what was at that time usually a career-ending illness and some horrific injuries.

Both him and Tommy Gemmell would be worth an absolute fortune in today's market.

Danny was incredible and was so far ahead of his time. He was so good that he was played on the opposite side to accommodate Sandy Jardine and was still trully World Class when out of position. For younger members who never saw him I can't emphasise enough how brilliant he was. And that was overcoming what was at that time usually a career-ending illness and some horrific injuries.

Both him and Tommy Gemmell would be worth an absolute fortune in today's market.
Good point about played outta positionπŸ‘the other cunt he accommodated got a stand named after him πŸ€”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ no news on the face painter but πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Danny in prime was the best fullback in the WORLD, he could play either side for Club & Country. Aye & he knew how tae cross a baw, he was simply a Sublime Player β˜˜πŸ’šβ˜˜
Exactly TT. He really was that brilliant. In my days of watching the Hoops, he was one of the few genuinely world class players we had. So remembering I missed most of the Lions (sorry Jinky) at their prime then I'd say Kings Kenny & Henrik plus Danny were the very best players for their positions we had playing for us (VvD finally became that after he left us). πŸ’šπŸ€

Members online

Back