Daniel Fergus McGrain

I remember he had a bad injury in the late 70s, I don't know if it was his comeback game, but me and a couple of mates went to Easter Road for a reserve game to see him return to football, can't remember much of the game right enough, but It was great to see him in the hoops again, worth bumping the train to see the best full back in the world at the time.

Danny was world class, end of. And another one the auld rangers missed out on because of their bigotry and sectarian signing policy. Daniel Fergus McGrain - must be a Catholic 😂. Was a big miss for Scotland in Argentina '78 too.
I read his book years ago Lemon. He his defo not a Catholic. He laughed about it in his book, people calling him a Feinian Bastard ( cos o Daniel Fergus) when he was a Protestant. The only other thing I remember is about Mo Johnston getting sent aff in Cup Final then blessing himself. Tommy Burns arranged a mass for Catholic players the night before Cup Final, Mo Johnston was the only Catholic player that did not go. He also said in games against Deidco there were two players he described as " fans in jerseys" who were up for conflict..Peter Grant and Derek Ferguson.
HH

I read his book years ago Lemon. He his defo not a Catholic. He laughed about it in his book, people calling him a Feinian Bastard ( cos o Daniel Fergus) when he was a Protestant. The only other thing I remember is about Mo Johnston getting sent aff in Cup Final then blessing himself. Tommy Burns arranged a mass for Catholic players the night before Cup Final, Mo Johnston was the only Catholic player that did not go. He also said in games against Deidco there were two players he described as " fans in jerseys" who were up for conflict..Peter Grant and Derek Ferguson.
HH
Danny is an absolute gentleman.He came to our player of the year dance in his heyday with Larraine his wife.Turned up in an immaculate suit and he said to me,help me out the boot with a set of golf clubs.He was playing in a pro-am next day.On the back parcel shelf was a bottle of Irn Bru it fell off and hit the boot lock.He was covered from head to foot in foam.Larraine nearly collapsed laughing as I gazed on in horror.I said to him serves you right for turning up in a light blue suit.We got him dried off in the the office and went ahead with the dance.Danny sat at the top table with Larraine and we had a terrific night.He danced with my wife and when they came back I asked him if he had kicked her.Him and Larraine laughed all night and everyone had a great time.When I asked Danny to come down for the award.I like a clown says “If I can get you down on the floor Danny””.To great hilarity he said we have only just met😍.Yes indeed a great guy.HH.

A brilliant player with a great football brain he never hid and always led ,love st 86 he played like a 14 yr old ran about all day not even breaking sweat would put a lot of wannabes in there place today

Met him at butlins think it was 82 he was doing a Scotland youths training day he even took that kick about seriously

A great guy to have around the club , he didn't deserve the story the snake put out about him

I remember he had a bad injury in the late 70s, I don't know if it was his comeback game, but me and a couple of mates went to Easter Road for a reserve game to see him return to football, can't remember much of the game right enough, but It was great to see him in the hoops again, worth bumping the train to see the best full back in the world at the time.
I am sure Benignus that was the fractured skull injury he had.

HH.

Back